AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My account was *NOT* banned!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gringo_pete

Banhammered
Jul 6, 2021
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Thread title should actually be "Four questions from a CB novice"...

1- Why do many CB broadcasters have their video stream horizontally flipped? (i.e. numbers & names on background items are clearly reversed)

2- I signed up with CB via an affiliate, so "chaturbate" never appears in any URL's that I visit. Do the broadcasters still get the same % of tips, or does the cut of the affiliate eat into the share of the broadcaster?

3- Does a broadcaster get notifications of a user spying on their private show? (asking for a friend on this one, hehe)

4- It's clear to me that some broadcasters use some video trickery to fake their facial features (which for me is an immediate 180 degree reverse for the door). Is it a CB app that is used for this deception, or a 3rd party app?

1. Just how the cam comes up and/or how some chose to run their video. With mine, I have to flip it from how it defaults to show correctly. Some don't care or don't bother to change it. Some rooms/people just tend to look better flipped one way or the other. No real reasons beyond that. Kind of bugs me too when there's something obvious and there a lot.

2. No, they get the same amount. The affiliate's cut is paid by Cb.

3. I believe that they can see that N people are spying at the time and can tell who it was by looking at the tip history.

4, That's rare other than maybe some simple Snapchat-like filters to put images on their face, etc. (hearts, stars, whatever). I'm sure some have but don't think that I've ever seen anyone really trying to change their appearance with something like that. In any case, no, not a A Cb feature.

Upvote 0
1- Why do many CB broadcasters have their video stream horizontally flipped? (i.e. numbers & names on background items are clearly reversed)

Many people use OBS to broadcast. With OBS, you get to see your video feed, but the default is not a mirror image, but how other people actually see you. Having a mirror image is far easier for the streamer to see what they look like and how they look in different angles, positions, etc. Thus, many people switch to the mirror image. If there was a way to see oneself via mirror image and also have the feed be the "accurate" image, I'm sure everyone would prefer to stream that way.

2- I signed up with CB via an affiliate, so "chaturbate" never appears in any URL's that I visit. Do the broadcasters still get the same % of tips, or does the cut of the affiliate eat into the share of the broadcaster?

The broadcaster gets the same %. The affiliate gets a % from CB directly.

3- Does a broadcaster get notifications of a user spying on their private show? (asking for a friend on this one, hehe)

No clue. I don't allow spying.

4- It's clear to me that some broadcasters use some video trickery to fake their facial features (which for me is an immediate 180 degree reverse for the door). Is it a CB app that is used for this deception, or a 3rd party app?

What do you mean with this? Like some type of filter? If so, yes, there are 3rd party apps for this.

Upvote 0
2- I signed up with CB via an affiliate, so "chaturbate" never appears in any URL's that I visit.
Huh? When you're on Chaturbate, you're not actually on "chaturbate.com" because you signed up through an affiliate link? I'm confused

Upvote 0
OK thanks for the feedback guys.

@Brit I don't know if it's a filter for CB or an entirely separate app, but it's very obvious to me that their stream is artificially "enhanced", e.g. the focus of their facial features is different to everything else in the frame, choppy movements despite a HD 1080p stream, etc

@mira_leo At the risk of appearing to be a shill, this is the URL I would use to access your site: https://www.myclearsky.live/mira_leo/

Upvote 0
, e.g. the focus of their facial features is different to everything else in the frame, choppy movements despite a HD 1080p stream, etc
Some have a cam able to focus the face and let the background blurred, it can make a nice effect
Some have a low network bandwidth and force to stream in 1080p with a low fps,
Filters also exist... it's up to the model (or the model's inexperience fault) and the net connection. It can also take days for a new model to find her best tuning but this is certainly not "to fake their facial feature" and also not specific to the site... or I didn't get what you mean :/

ETA: maybe also compare to the official page when you notice this.

Reactions: gringo_pete
Upvote 0
Sorry, couldn't help myself. Thread title should actually be "Four questions from a CB novice"...

1. People are used to seeing their reflection in the mirror, for many it looks strange to them when its not flipped and they feel uncomfortable.
2. Sounds like you signed up under a white label, broadcaster gets same percentage of tips.
3. They can look at tip history.
4. Snapcamera probably, eyes look different right? it just doesn't look natural its not like OMG demon eyes! but you can tell somethings not right?

Reactions: gringo_pete
Upvote 0
OK thanks for the feedback guys.

@Brit I don't know if it's a filter for CB or an entirely separate app, but it's very obvious to me that their stream is artificially "enhanced", e.g. the focus of their facial features is different to everything else in the frame, choppy movements despite a HD 1080p stream, etc

@mira_leo At the risk of appearing to be a shill, this is the URL I would use to access your site: https://www.myclearsky.live/mira_leo/

Blurry backgrounds are most likely not an app but a DSLR camera with a 50mm lens and a camera like that will depict a model's face much more accurately than a webcam because webcams tend to have a wider angle and thus they deform stuff.

Upvote 0
Regarding the difference in focus between the face & the background, I know the "depth of field" effect referred to above (which can look great e.g. Sammara_Stone_'s room), but this is something else.

This is one example of the "Fake it till you make it" type of software I'm referring to. First pic shows the the software likely set to a low level, the second pic from the same room shows it set to Ludicrous Mode.
(mods feel free to delete attachments if posting without credit/permission is frowned upon here)
111.jpg222.jpg

Upvote 0
I see no difference between pics other than lighting?
glasses versus no glasses ;)
makeup changed a bit ? but even not, the light can make this difference alone, depending on her position (far or close to the source)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.