AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My Depressing MFC Experience

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brie N

Cam Model
Jul 5, 2017
MFC Username
BrieNightwood
So I’ve been camming on MFC for nearly 3 years and after all this time, I still can’t find real success. I mean I’ve been making enough to get by, but usually not much more than minimum wage. My highest rank ever was around 1200 I believe. Well anyways, things weren’t too bad until March. I think the most I logged off with in the past month was 2000 tokens. But what is frightening is that my earnings and camscore are exponentially dropping every single day. Tonight I logged off with only 4 tokens. I know the economy is pretty crap right now, but I can’t help but feel as if I’m doing something wrong. It seems like most girls have at least dozens of people in their room. Out of 3 years, I don’t think I’ve ever had more than 50 people in my cam room. I normally average around 8-12 viewers. Keep in mind that I have studio lights, an HD camera, and log on at consistent times 5 days per week. No matter how hard I try, I never see an improvement and it’s driving me insane. I’ve come to the conclusion that i’m simply not what anybody is looking for. And to be completely honest, I have been considering plastic surgery in order to enhance my appeal and boost my earnings. I know that it would be more logical to just quit camming, but I’m not the type of person to give up. Sorry about this pity story, but I just had to get this off of my chest. I’m curious if anybody else out there has ever been in this situation.

I just wanted to say it's a FAR better option to try another site instead of getting plastic surgery. MFC is hard. SO hard. Don't beat yourself up over it--it's not the right cam site for a lot of models myself included. I went from doing decently on mfc and chaturbate to suddenly a horrible standstill. I reinvented myself and now cam exclusively on streamate. Now I'd never go back to token sites I can't deal with the self esteem blow and pressure when things turn slow.

MFC is so hard because once you get buried it can be an incredibly slow journey to build your camscore up. I just didn't have the time or emotional energy for that. You're a perfectly lovely and beautiful woman so it isn't that you're not what they're looking for. MFC honestly is part luck--having that one person see you at the right time to make your score soar. When your rank is low it's harder for people to find you. I think you should try another cam site.

Upvote 0
Definitely try another site. I'm so glad I didn't start with MFC. I might have given up. It just does not work for me. I still use MFC but only as a side site and to post my vids for sale on MFCShare. I'm much more suited for a private based site like Streamate.

Often the same model that bombs on one site makes tons of money on another.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to say it's a FAR better option to try another site instead of getting plastic surgery. MFC is hard. SO hard. Don't beat yourself up over it--it's not the right cam site for a lot of models myself included. I went from doing decently on mfc and chaturbate to suddenly a horrible standstill. I reinvented myself and now cam exclusively on streamate. Now I'd never go back to token sites I can't deal with the self esteem blow and pressure when things turn slow.

MFC is so hard because once you get buried it can be an incredibly slow journey to build your camscore up. I just didn't have the time or emotional energy for that. You're a perfectly lovely and beautiful woman so it isn't that you're not what they're looking for. MFC honestly is part luck--having that one person see you at the right time to make your score soar. When your rank is low it's harder for people to find you. I think you should try another cam site.
I forgot to mention in my original post that I already have tried about 5 other cam sites with even worst results. Even tried steammate. But thank you for taking your time to respond :)

Upvote 0
Definitely try another site. I'm so glad I didn't start with MFC. I might have given up. It just does not work for me. I still use MFC but only as a side site and to post my vids for sale on MFCShare. I'm much more suited for a private based site like Streamate.

Often the same model that bombs on one site makes tons of money on another.
Thank you for your response. I’ve actually tried streamate before but I didn’t make any money ):

• Hugs
Reactions: Carmita Bonita
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I’ve actually tried streamate before but I didn’t make any money ):

if you don't mind me asking: How long/ how many hours did you work on streamate? it for sure isn't like mfc where your first few shifts can be bomb. It took me consistently working for over a month to have my earnings start leveling up

Upvote 0
if you don't mind me asking: How long/ how many hours did you work on streamate? it for sure isn't like mfc where your first few shifts can be bomb. It took me consistently working for over a month to have my earnings start leveling up
I logged on for a few hours per day for about a week. I decided to just go back to MFC since I was making more on there. But now I’m tempted to test it out again.

Upvote 0
I logged on for a few hours per day for about a week. I decided to just go back to MFC since I was making more on there. But now I’m tempted to test it out again.

You should for sure give it a shot! I think the first week is the hardest honestly. I made less than I did on mfc/cb but over time started making more $$ consistently VS the nights on mfc where I'd make nothing or have no one talking to me. Something about an empty room on MFC knowing the time I was logged in making nothing and plummeting my score was so detrimental to my mental health.

Upvote 0
You said you've been on a few different sites. What about skype-based sites, like cammodeldirectory or skyprivate? It's tough on our mental state to know we're not earning enough especially in such a public eye, and waiting for a show in front of no live audience has helped a lot against cam anxiety (personally speaking). Outside of a few minutes of typing for free, every minute on live cam is clocked.

And side note: I understand how you feel and how easy it is to wonder about surgery, but you're beautiful, and any modification to that should be done when you feel good about yourself already, not when you feel pressured to look a certain way.

Upvote 0
You should for sure give it a shot! I think the first week is the hardest honestly. I made less than I did on mfc/cb but over time started making more $$ consistently VS the nights on mfc where I'd make nothing or have no one talking to me. Something about an empty room on MFC knowing the time I was logged in making nothing and plummeting my score was so detrimental to my mental health.
Yes I’ll most likely give it another chance. I’m glad that everything worked out for you btw. :)

Upvote 0
You said you've been on a few different sites. What about skype-based sites, like cammodeldirectory or skyprivate? It's tough on our mental state to know we're not earning enough especially in such a public eye, and waiting for a show in front of no live audience has helped a lot against cam anxiety (personally speaking). Outside of a few minutes of typing for free, every minute on live cam is clocked.

And side note: I understand how you feel and how easy it is to wonder about surgery, but you're beautiful, and any modification to that should be done when you feel good about yourself already, not when you feel pressured to look a certain way.
Thank you so much for the advice. I have not had much experience with skype-based sites but I’d definitely be willing to try it out sometime.

Upvote 0
How often do you watch other girls on MFC? I'm pretty new at this (been camming for 7 months), and I spend a least a few hours a week watching other girls who interest me. I find it's a great way to learn how to handle difficult situations on cam with grace, find inspiration for new shows or activities that I could do, and learn what kinds of things to say to turn lurkers and chatters into tippers.

If you've been running your show pretty much the same way this whole time, it might be time to switch up your "brand" to see if you can find something else that guys find more appealing.

You could also try adding a shift or two at a different time. Adding in a morning shift and a Sunday afternoon shift exposed me to new people and was one of the best things that I did for myself on cam.

Upvote 0
Aw girl! You're cute as heck and your looks are definitely not the problem! Also, it's a huge internet out there and everyone is someone's type, I think the problem lies more with the sites. Each site has different code to crack basically, and your style of camming might just not be a good fit on MFC at this particular moment, where a downward spiral can really mess you up financially and emotionally. I know Chaturbate can be a shit show but it does provide more user traffic in your room, which can be a helpful lil boost if having an 8 person room on MFC starts to feel demoralizing. It's also just a wild time out there and there's going to be some super sucky days. But there's other things you could try when camming is too slow, like SextPanther, clip making etc. to focus your energy elsewhere on other revenue streams for a while. Then when you go back to live streaming you'll have those in your pocket too.

Upvote 0
There's a thread called What draws you to a room that might have some good insight. For myself, the first thing I notice a model with is her avatar on the main page as I don't use hashtags to search. Not saying yours is bad. But, sometimes it could be that a simple change in avatar pic might get people to look into a room.

Wish you all the best. Whether it's on MFC or on another site. :)

Upvote 0
How often do you watch other girls on MFC? I'm pretty new at this (been camming for 7 months), and I spend a least a few hours a week watching other girls who interest me. I find it's a great way to learn how to handle difficult situations on cam with grace, find inspiration for new shows or activities that I could do, and learn what kinds of things to say to turn lurkers and chatters into tippers.

If you've been running your show pretty much the same way this whole time, it might be time to switch up your "brand" to see if you can find something else that guys find more appealing.

You could also try adding a shift or two at a different time. Adding in a morning shift and a Sunday afternoon shift exposed me to new people and was one of the best things that I did for myself on cam.
I do try to watch other models in my free time, but very rarely do I see someone doing something that I’ve never tried. I’ve played around with different shifts as well, but I definitely want to test that out more. Thank you for your response :)

Upvote 0
Aw girl! You're cute as heck and your looks are definitely not the problem! Also, it's a huge internet out there and everyone is someone's type, I think the problem lies more with the sites. Each site has different code to crack basically, and your style of camming might just not be a good fit on MFC at this particular moment, where a downward spiral can really mess you up financially and emotionally. I know Chaturbate can be a shit show but it does provide more user traffic in your room, which can be a helpful lil boost if having an 8 person room on MFC starts to feel demoralizing. It's also just a wild time out there and there's going to be some super sucky days. But there's other things you could try when camming is too slow, like SextPanther, clip making etc. to focus your energy elsewhere on other revenue streams for a while. Then when you go back to live streaming you'll have those in your pocket too.
Thank you for the advice :) I actually created an OnlyFans a couple weeks ago. I have about 65 subs now but the income is definitely not high enough for it to become my full time career. But I do want to expand more so that way I won’t have to solely rely on cam for revenue.

Upvote 0
There's a thread called What draws you to a room that might have some good insight. For myself, the first thing I notice a model with is her avatar on the main page as I don't use hashtags to search. Not saying yours is bad. But, sometimes it could be that a simple change in avatar pic might get people to look into a room.

Wish you all the best. Whether it's on MFC or on another site. :)
Thank you so much for sharing that thread. I think I will play around with my avatar a bit. My MFC avatar is different than my ambercutie avatar btw.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for sharing that thread. I think I will play around with my avatar a bit. My MFC avatar is different than my ambercutie avatar btw.

You're welcome. I think there's some good threads that can be searched for, and read which addresses a number of issues models experience. Just need to take the time to read them.

Correct on the avatar differences. Was just commenting on it because as a member, sometimes we get stuck on an avatar being associated with a model which could mean glossing over it. Whereas if it's a new avatar, it might trigger interest and someone coming in because they don't recognize it. They're in the door, now it's a matter of being intriguing enough to get them to stay.

I looked at your profile, mfcshare page, etc. and from a content perspective I think you're good. I did notice that the top picture in your profile didn't want to load for me, so not sure if it's a bad link, missing pic or on my end.

Reactions: Brie N
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.