AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My first day on streamate.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneJaneth

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2022
SA, Capetown.
Streamate Username
JaneJaneth
Hi, guys.

So, after a long time of trying to get a model profile on streamate and failing, I finally was able to get in and… my first day today was horrible.

I stayed on for three hours with maybe 1 user getting in my room each hour 😩😩. The last one came barking orders with “show me your boobs.” And since I’ve been learning as much as I could here before I went to stream, I knew exactly what to do.

I told him to tip for it or take me private. He did tip, thank god for that and took me exclusive only to be leaving after one minute and coming back in again. (I wasn’t removing shit until after 30 seconds. Lol)

But that was it. I made 9 dollars 😭 honestly my goal was to only make 100 but oh, well.

I got a questions though please help me understand.

The potential member = Anonymous?
Also when they tip for gold menu how do you remember what that goal amount is for? Like on Chaturbate The BOT would tell me user tipped 24 for ahegao or something but on streamate nothing like that. When I receive gold, do I have to go to the menu and check all the time?

Thanks guys for reading.

The potential member = Anonymous?
Yes, these are viewers who are not logged in.
When I receive gold, do I have to go to the menu and check all the time?
If they are tipping from the menu, it should show in your chat what they have tipped for. If they are just tipping the amounts without selecting it from the menu, it will not show up that way. So in theory, if they are using the menu correctly, you shouldn't have to remember/check.

Upvote 0
It seems like it was a tough week on SM to most models from what I read so give it a little bit more time. Ask clients to rate you because that will help you become more visible if I'm not wrong.

Upvote 0
OMG what is up with almost everybody talking about meeting irl or forcing their contact information on you? One wrote me a letter about how he wants to meet and wrote me his number. I clearly told him and wrote I will not contact him and to please don’t do that again.

But then he took me private only to find him with a piece of paper with his number written on it. I reported him since I don’t want to get in trouble for some moron.

Do members get the same warnings we models do? It’s frustrating and a bit scary for us to constantly have to think this is it, maybe I’ll be kicked out because of this stupid member or that one.

Upvote 0
Do members get the same warnings we models do?
They do. But the risk for them is much lower than for us, we risk losing our livelihood over their stupidity.

I block and report when they break TOS. I'm not messing around with that, and I don't want to think about whether or not what they said is going to get me banned.

Upvote 0
I have a feeling you might be getting more of those types of members right now because you are new. Once they see you as established and less naive (their assumption because you are new, not that you actually are) the quality of members should go up a bit and you will see less of this. But it never stops. 😂

Upvote 0
What works best for me is to have a handful of things going, not depending on a single platform or type of service. I try to stay busy with multiple income streams. They literally can't waste my time, I won't let them. If I'm on for a bit and it's dead or I don't like the vibe from the people who are coming around, I'll go do something else to make my coins. Yes, it is important to show up and put the hours in. But I don't want them getting the idea that they can come camp out in my chat for hours. If one platform isn't keeping my attention, I will turn it elsewhere.

I guess my point is, don't feel like you have to sit live and wait for the good ones to come through and bite. Put your lures out elsewhere too.

Upvote 0
I am good friends with a model who has some pretty tough weeks on Streamate based on what she tells me. Most of her regulars visit her to chat on Streamate (because the chat can be hidden) and then take her pvt on another service where she gets a bigger cut (so that does have an impact).

I thought potential member was when someone was hovering over the thumbnail? My friend has been having some real trouble with a regular who is watching her all day using the thumbnail hover. She thinks she's alone but he's watching her for hours at a time and knows about things that happened in the room, conversations she's had with other members etc. Very creepy. A real flaw of streamate IMO.

Upvote 0
OMG what is up with almost everybody talking about meeting irl or forcing their contact information on you? One wrote me a letter about how he wants to meet and wrote me his number. I clearly told him and wrote I will not contact him and to please don’t do that again.

But then he took me private only to find him with a piece of paper with his number written on it. I reported him since I don’t want to get in trouble for some moron.

Do members get the same warnings we models do? It’s frustrating and a bit scary for us to constantly have to think this is it, maybe I’ll be kicked out because of this stupid member or that one.
The thing is that may not even be his number, it could be someone else. But yes it is a hazard and I am sorry you are experiencing this. I was scammed very early on in SM, I'd only used a non - free chat platform until SM so it was a learning curve still on going. Reading this thread helps me further, particularly the hangers on. They ask 'Where did you go?' Doesn't matter if it's SM or elsewhere I am not free entertainment, I will go to the definite and or actual spenders.

Upvote 0
The thing is that may not even be his number, it could be someone else. But yes it is a hazard and I am sorry you are experiencing this. I was scammed very early on in SM, I'd only used a non - free chat platform until SM so it was a learning curve still on going. Reading this thread helps me further, particularly the hangers on. They ask 'Where did you go?' Doesn't matter if it's SM or elsewhere I am not free entertainment, I will go to the definite and or actual spenders.
This.

Definitely we go where the money is. I tried token sites but the environment of it is just not working for me. I’m glad I was able to get on streamate even though it’s veryyyyy slow for me. I hope the longer I’m on the better it will get. Right now I can sit for 3 hours with no one taking me private 😭😭 but I’m not giving up, yet.

Next week is contest week and I heard those can be brutal. I will still do my usual hours just to put on my hours but really, I’m hoping things will get better

• Hugs
Reactions: Lilly_____
Upvote 0
This.

Definitely we go where the money is. I tried token sites but the environment of it is just not working for me. I’m glad I was able to get on streamate even though it’s veryyyyy slow for me. I hope the longer I’m on the better it will get. Right now I can sit for 3 hours with no one taking me private 😭😭 but I’m not giving up, yet.

Next week is contest week and I heard those can be brutal. I will still do my usual hours just to put on my hours but really, I’m hoping things will get better
Yep contest week is a pain in the ass because your hourly earnings drop massively. If I'm in the right mindset, I like to power through and just get as many hours in as I can, try to rank as highly as I can sanely manage, just so I can make the same as a normal week and also hopefully get a bonus pay out. But even the bonuses are pretty poor consolation for the amount of extra effort you have to put in really.

Upvote 0
Yep contest week is a pain in the ass because your hourly earnings drop massively. If I'm in the right mindset, I like to power through and just get as many hours in as I can, try to rank as highly as I can sanely manage, just so I can make the same as a normal week and also hopefully get a bonus pay out. But even the bonuses are pretty poor consolation for the amount of extra effort you have to put in really.
This is what I will do. I’m already not making much, if any anyway, so I’ll just do my usual 3 to 4 hours.

Does the earnings drop because the number of models online increases?

Upvote 0
This is what I will do. I’m already not making much, if any anyway, so I’ll just do my usual 3 to 4 hours.
Easier said than done if you're like me and work a full time vanilla job on the side, but try to get 25 hours in during the week to get the 10% bonus on your first $250-1000!
Does the earnings drop because the number of models online increases?
I don't really know but my suspicion is that combined with an influx of shitty customers - lots of models reduce their rates for the week to stay competitive, and I think it lures in cheapskate members. I swear I've only ever been told I'm too expensive during competition week lol

Upvote 0
For the first 9 months I was never noticeably affected by contest weeks, the first time earnings took a dive was pre-Christmas week

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
welcome to streamate! i'm sorry your first night wasn't that eventful, but dont fret. not everyone can easily make hundred(s) on their first night. models who are able to make lots their first time are lucky. i think i made like $15 my first time streaming.

i smoked some weed after taking my medication, so im really focused atm. sorry if this is a little much, but i have a lot i want to say that might help you and any other models starting out or struggling.

it's time for the grind. my advice is to try to stream at least 20 hours a week if you are able to and stick to a schedule. work multiple time shifts instead of trying sit on stream there for four to five hours consecutively. it also might be beneficial to work shifts that aren't during high traffic, late evenings US time. more models will be online, so lower your placement. i strategically would stream a few hours in the morning (8am-10am est), then late afternoon. i'd try to get offline before 7pm est. morning shifts were my bread and butter when i was a baby streamate model. it sucked waking up early, but it really helped me in the long term. when you lose new model status, you will see a dip in traffic. that's why it's beneficial to grind out right from the start. i made that mistake, and was on page 8 for a while after losing new model status.

anytime someone compliments you tell them to favorite you or tag you. dont ask. i have like 200 perfect ass tags because anyone who said my ass is perfect i told them to tag me as that for a like a year. right when a private show starts, tell the member to favorite, comment, and rate five stars. i used to offer an incentive to get five-star ratings. ratings, comments, and favorites will help you with placement. the tags will help for searching you. members who favorite you, you will appear at the top/higher when they log in with their accounts.

dont be afraid to raise your rates with the 35%. it's nice that you are covered from chargebacks, but you gotta make that time worth it especially whatever type of shows you are doing. you dont want to burn yourself out for less than two dollars a minute. from my experience, most streamate members are not afraid to spend, you just gotta find them. sure you will have people who don't agree with your rates, but they obviously aren't your targeted audience and don't value you. camming is a luxury. last i checked camming wasn't on the list of maslow's hierarchy of needs (even though some do cammembers use transactional relationships with cammodels as a way to achieve love and belonging.)

watch what other models do. are there top/veteran models that you are drawn to that are similar to you in niche and looks? see what they do successfully, and try to emulate it. i personally don't care if models "copy" what others are doing, because i believe emulation is a form of flattery. most of us learned how to cam watching veteran models and doing what they do. show types, prices, hustle, looks, ect. some models might not agree with me, but i believe originality is overrated. end of the day we are all our own persons whiles trying to make a living being self-sufficient.

with contest weeks, i recommend trying to work as normal. don't focus that there is a contest, because it might discourage you. don't even check the rankings until the contest is up if you're curious that you even placed. i hate working contests. im a popular/vet model who can easily place, but any type of competition kills it for me due to weird childhood trauma. streamate also loves to do site updates and bug fixes during these contest as a way to stress test. contests are usually a floodgate of models, having to compete with discounted rates/videos, and it's a glitchfest. when you aren't making what you normally do, its hella discouraging. for contest weeks i usually have a low goal i aim for then the weeks that don't. if i make my goal before the week is up, everything else earned is a bonus.

i hope this helps! happy hustling! :h:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this well thought out answer. I am happy to say for my first week. Meaning from Monday to today, Saturday I was able to stream 20 hrs.

Although it’s still slow, I am enjoying my time online and today was a much better day with lots of users coming in my room and tip gold. My rates right now are as high as I can put them which is 5,99 for premium and 5,94 for exclusive. The moment I’m allowed to go higher I’m uping them right up.

I read/learned a lot from multiple of your posts telling new models not to be afraid to charge hire rates and that’s exactly what I’m aiming for. So thank you. 😜

The contest week, I will end up just doing what I did this week. Show up, put in the hours, and be myself. Bubbly, big smile kind of girl.

Soon I’m planning to get verified for models only section so I can equip myself even better. I think I will thrive on streamate better than token sites because of the privacy aspect of it. I’m much more free when it comes to one on one interaction.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for this well thought out answer. I am happy to say for my first week. Meaning from Monday to today, Saturday I was able to stream 20 hrs.

Although it’s still slow, I am enjoying my time online and today was a much better day with lots of users coming in my room and tip gold. My rates right now are as high as I can put them which is 5,99 for premium and 5,94 for exclusive. The moment I’m allowed to go higher I’m uping them right up.

I read/learned a lot from multiple of your posts telling new models not to be afraid to charge hire rates and that’s exactly what I’m aiming for. So thank you. 😜

The contest week, I will end up just doing what I did this week. Show up, put in the hours, and be myself. Bubbly, big smile kind of girl.

Soon I’m planning to get verified for models only section so I can equip myself even better. I think I will thrive on streamate better than token sites because of the privacy aspect of it. I’m much more free when it comes to one on one interaction.
If you want to increase your rates without having to wait for it to become available, email liz@streamate.com and ask. I personally get scared to increase my rates in case it leaves me with less customers and more time sat around bored, but every time I've done it, I've been glad I did!

Upvote 0
If you want to increase your rates without having to wait for it to become available, email liz@streamate.com and ask. I personally get scared to increase my rates in case it leaves me with less customers and more time sat around bored, but every time I've done it, I've been glad I did!
Yeah? Thank you for this. I didn’t know I didn’t actually have to wait. While at it, I will ask her for a block session as well as I don’t have that.

For some reason I am NOT afraid to increase my rates at all. Not one bit lol. If I could I would put them at 9,99 😂😂😂 it’s a shock to see you have received 10 gold and you only have 3 dollars from it. So I will definitely put my rates high. I will see how I do next week then take it from there. You guys been super helpful and I’m so glad I stumbled upon AFC a number of months ago. Learned so much. ❤️❤️

Upvote 0
Yeah? Thank you for this. I didn’t know I didn’t actually have to wait. While at it, I will ask her for a block session as well as I don’t have that.

For some reason I am NOT afraid to increase my rates at all. Not one bit lol. If I could I would put them at 9,99 😂😂😂 it’s a shock to see you have received 10 gold and you only have 3 dollars from it. So I will definitely put my rates high. I will see how I do next week then take it from there. You guys been super helpful and I’m so glad I stumbled upon AFC a number of months ago. Learned so much. ❤️❤️
You can also ask for the break button if you don't have it. This pauses your stream without fully disconnecting, which can be handy if you need more than the standard time to prepare to go back to free chat after a paid session.

Upvote 0

Exactly, don't wanna be working for pennies! My rate for exclusive is 9.99 and even then, I still get a little disheartened after a 10min session only earns me $35 😅 maybe I'm getting greedy, or maybe its time for another rate increase

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
Exactly, don't wanna be working for pennies! My rate for exclusive is 9.99 and even then, I still get a little disheartened after a 10min session only earns me $35 😅 maybe I'm getting greedy, or maybe its time for another rate increase
sounds like you are ready for a raise!
artworks-000158672079-0gbvsi-t500x500.jpg

i raised my exclusive to 14.99 recently. ten minute exclusives you earn over $50!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.