AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

My personal custom videos are too short, should I complain?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2021
I pay a model $80-$100 for custom videos. Instead of doing private shows on CB, I pay her upfront and she makes a video for me when she has time. I give her extra if I ask for anal or something that requires extra props and cleanup. I pay her directly so she gets all the money without splitting with the Studio or CB.

Here's the problem, $80 pays for a 20-minute private show on her page. My custom videos are shorter than that.

She has been making videos for me for 2 years, 3 or 4 videos per month. In the beginning, the videos would be 20-30 minutes. Now she is making the videos 10-12 minutes. If I start doing private shows, I will spend $80-$100 for 20-30 minutes but she only gets 25% after all the splits. The site makes a recording that's not as good quality as her custom videos.

The 10-12 minute videos are good but I would like her to make them 15-20 minutes. When she makes a 20-minute video, it's sweaty and she gets aggressive with the toys after 15 minutes. Should I...
1. Ask her to make the videos longer
2. Give her specific instructions that will make the video longer (for example I know if I ask her to wear clothes and strip, that'll take her 5-7 minutes)
3. Be happy with my arrangement and don't complain
4. Give her $80 for up to 12 minutes and $100 for 15 minutes or more

The real issue is I know she gets very horny after 15 minutes and the video becomes super hot. What should I do?

$80 for a 12 minute custom video is lower than the usual industry standard for customs. Most models charge at least $10 per minute.

It lowkey seems like you know you’ve been taking advantage of her for years, and she’s finally catching on and giving you what you’re paying for instead of giving you more.

The best thing for members to do when it comes to getting customs is be specific with what you want. Agree with the model about exactly what you want and how long you want it to be so she can charge accordingly.

2. Give her specific instructions that will make the video longer (for example I know if I ask her to wear clothes and strip, that'll take her 5-7 minutes)

Don’t do stuff like this hoping you can get a longer video without actually paying for a longer video. It’s sleazy and manipulative.

$80 for a 12 minute custom video is lower than the usual industry standard for customs. Most models charge at least $10 per minute.

It lowkey seems like you know you’ve been taking advantage of her for years, and she’s finally catching on and giving you what you’re paying for instead of giving you more.

The best thing for members to do when it comes to getting customs is be specific with what you want. Agree with the model about exactly what you want and how long you want it to be so she can charge accordingly.

Don’t do stuff like this hoping you can get a longer video without actually paying for a longer video. It’s sleazy and manipulative.
Over time, the videos she sends are getting shorter. She used to make them 30 minutes, now they are 10 minutes. Originally I paid her $50, now I am paying her $80-$100. I could do privates on her page but then she has to split the money so she gets $25 of the $100 I spend for the 28 minutes show. They are still good shows and she is proud of what she creates. I think she is making them more realistic and less acting, so the video is shorter. I liked the acting. I know it's acting but it is still entertaining. So no, I am not getting something for nothing. The easy fix is to do a private show online but I want her to be able to receive all of the money.

Over time, the videos she sends are getting shorter. She used to make them 30 minutes, now they are 10 minutes. Originally I paid her $50, now I am paying her $80-$100. I could do privates on her page but then she has to split the money so she gets $25 of the $100 I spend for the 28 minutes show. They are still good shows and she is proud of what she creates. I think she is making them more realistic and less acting, so the video is shorter. I liked the acting. I know it's acting but it is still entertaining. So no, I am not getting something for nothing. The easy fix is to do a private show online but I want her to be able to receive all of the money.

So you used to pay her $50 for a 30 minute video? That’s less than $2 per minute and lower than the typical private show. She’s probably realized how much you’ve lowballed her over the years and that’s why she is making the videos shorter now.

Obviously I’m not aware of her setup, but recording a custom typically involves a lot more work than just jumping on cam for a private. Setup, getting lighting right, filming at multiple angles so having to readjust lighting/the camera, and then editing it all together. That’s why customs are more expensive than private shows.

It definitely sounds like you’re trying to/have been taking advantage of the fact that she’s a studio model and I’m guessing is from a lower socioeconomic area. It’s sad that you have had some sort of rapport with this model for years, and like her content, yet want to pay the absolute least amount possible for custom content that you enjoy.

Private shows shouldn't be looked at the same was as custom videos. Private shows are like a customer going into a café and ordering a coffee. Customs are like you calling a Barista while they are at home telling them you want a coffee, they have to get ready and open up shop before they can even begin making you your coffee. Also unlike private show, even if the videos aren't edited at all there is still time spent simply uploading the video to share it.

Why I don't understand is why you haven't just simply communicated with the model..

Ew 80 to 100 for 20 - 30 minutes. That's SO, SO cheap!!! I can't believe you're complaining, at even 80 -100 for 10 to 12 which is still crazy cheap. So demanding and exploitative!

Ew 80 to 100 for 20 - 30 minutes. That's SO, SO cheap!!! I can't believe you're complaining, at even 80 -100 for 10 to 12 which is still crazy cheap. So demanding and exploitative!
It's even cheap for a private show, which does not take the same effort as a custom video. ew.

As someone who only offered custom stuff (it was actually "semi-custom" since I put very defined parameters on what options were up to them: outfit, type(pussy play, cum), toys involved, music) at a VERY high premium I am always disgusted by people who haggle and act distraught at having to pay more for custom content. It's a privilege not a right. And you're lucky if your favorite model will offer you custom content in the first place.

That said, I'll echo this advice:

*edit to add: I didn't even offer them for sale outright, custom vids were prizes for mega month high tipper competitions, people normally spent thousands upon thousands of tokens to be in that pool)

Kind of feel like I priced my last OF PPV too low based on this thread. Roughly $3 a minute, but it was a recording of a live show with no defined parameters at all. I just happened to like the way it came out and posted it.

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
I pay a model $80-$100 for custom videos. Instead of doing private shows on CB, I pay her upfront and she makes a video for me when she has time. I give her extra if I ask for anal or something that requires extra props and cleanup. I pay her directly so she gets all the money without splitting with the Studio or CB.

Here's the problem, $80 pays for a 20-minute private show on her page. My custom videos are shorter than that.

She has been making videos for me for 2 years, 3 or 4 videos per month. In the beginning, the videos would be 20-30 minutes. Now she is making the videos 10-12 minutes. If I start doing private shows, I will spend $80-$100 for 20-30 minutes but she only gets 25% after all the splits. The site makes a recording that's not as good quality as her custom videos.

The 10-12 minute videos are good but I would like her to make them 15-20 minutes. When she makes a 20-minute video, it's sweaty and she gets aggressive with the toys after 15 minutes. Should I...
1. Ask her to make the videos longer
3. Be happy with my arrangement and don't complain
4. Give her $80 for up to 12 minutes and $100 for 15 minutes or more

The real issue is I know she gets very horny after 15 minutes and the video becomes super hot. What should I do?

Hi. Many of us charge $10 per minute (or higher) for a custom video, so if you wanted a 15-20 minute video our rate would be $150-$200. Definitely not $80. Also I don’t think you guys understand how time-consuming it can be to record/view/edit/render and save/send even a 10-minute custom video. And then when you guys give us a script 🤣, and we record and then realize that we forgot to say such and such…so we have to go do it all over again. Lol.

I’m not sure why you’re comparing a private show with a custom video. Those are two different things. One is a one and done deal, while the other is a time-consuming project that can take up hours of our time. When you say you pay her directly, hopefully you’re not paying via PayPal. PayPal isn’t adult-friendly.

Hiya!

Seems like there's a lack of clear communication between you. As others have noted, 80 dollars is very cheap for a 20 min custom. $10 a minute is about industry standard as a base rate for non exclusive customs so you have been getting a steal. Your privates are not something you can easily compare to that - pricing structure for those follows a different pattern.

However it seems like you didnt clearly agree on a time for these videos up front so shes been adjusting things.

In your 4 options

1. May be unfair
2. Is manipulative and dancing around the issue
3. Seems like it will be tricky to do for you
4. Customers dont dictate prices

Instead I suggest an open and direct conversation being clear about your desires and making sure she knows she sets her prices but needs to communicate those to you.

It could look something like this:

"Hey I love the videos you make but I have noticed that the lengths have been shortening over the years despite the price remaining the same. I realize we never clarified run time expectations and I am aware that prices may change for all sorts of reasons including inflation. Could you clarify for me going forward your current rates for videos, assuming I continue to purchase 3-4 a month?

I enjoy the shorter ones but I miss the longer 20 min ones because of how into it you would get with the toys etc. I would like to know what adequate compensation would be to get back to those longer ones again?"

Kind of feel like I priced my last OF PPV too low based on this thread. Roughly $3 a minute, but it was a recording of a live show with no defined parameters at all. I just happened to like the way it came out and posted it.
Remember a PPV is different than a custom.

Rates for premade vids vary widely but start around $1 a minute on clip sites so $3 a minute seems well within normal range.

Custom content is specifically made by request for a person and they can control most things in it. Thats why the standard rates are higher.

I mean your prices are obviously 100% up to you and charge what you feel it's worth, but I think $3/min is great for a prerecorded PPV vid. I charge $1/min plus $6 for anything that's not custom

How are you even having these discussions if she works for a studio?
I send messages directly to her phone, not the website. We have been talking every day for 2 years. I found her page 3 years ago. I still contribute to the website on occasion. She does more when she knows I am watching versus making a video. I think the studio told her to stop making videos for me but she quickly figured out, that plan only benefits the studio.

That's a good point but these aren't 100% custom. I pay in advance and tell her to make it when she has time. I'm usually paid in advance for 2 or 3 videos. I'm consistent with 3 or 4 requests per month and I'm not asking for anything crazy. I pay extra if I want to see something like "squirt wearing panties". After 3 years there's not much new she can do. If I wasn't trying to maximize her income, I would spend the same money for privates on the website. I also buy all of the clothes and shoes for the videos (3-5 orders per month) and I bought all of her toys. Today I bought 2 pairs of stilettos & 3 dresses that I want her to wear. Tomorrow I'm ordering the new Lovense thrusting dildo and a butt plug. I'll count your response as a, just be happy with the deal I have.

How would the studio find out you were paying for cheap customs under the table if you were texting?
I think she told them before she started working there. They wanted to know how she got all the lights and toys and clothes. She probably told them about our arrangement. For a month she wouldn't make videos for me but then she started doing them again. That's partly why they are shorter, she is trying to make them incognito at the studio. I literally have hundreds of her videos. The studio benefits because she always has new outfits and she has all of the newest toys. (from me). I'm not taking advantage, but I can see where you might think I am.

That's probably too low but live shows lose value because of all the extra tones from the tips. If it's something you don't usually do, try offering the full show directly to your best people, then make a shorter more affordable version for the masses.

Hi. Many of us charge $10 per minute (or higher) for a custom video, so if you wanted a 15-20 minute video our rate would be $150-$200. Definitely not $80. Also I don’t think you guys understand how time-consuming it can be to record/view/edit/render and save/send even a 10-minute custom video. And then when you guys give us a script 🤣, and we record and then realize that we forgot to say such and such…so we have to go do it all over again. Lol.

I’m not sure why you’re comparing a private show with a custom video. Those are two different things. One is a one and done deal, while the other is a time-consuming project that can take up hours of our time. When you say you pay her directly, hopefully you’re not paying via PayPal. PayPal isn’t adult-friendly.
Actually, she gives me the unedited version and I give her a new improved edited version that she can use again. I had her do 1 repeat (out of about 150) because she did a squirt video in spandex that doesn't leak. I pay extra if I know it'll be more time. The private shows are pre-planned. I tell her when I'll be online and I send her everything she needs just like when she does a custom for me. So there's not much difference, except how much she earns.

It's usually WU, never PayPal.

I'm not unhappy with the 10 minute videos, they are very good. So you vote, be happy with the deal. Thank you!

Ask her how much it would cost to make a video of X length. Then pay for it. It’s best to make all requests clear and explicit. If you didn’t specify that time length in the beginning, then *shrug*
That's one of my thoughts. Just tell her I want a longer video. I don't mind paying more but I am also buying the clothes every time. She rarely has to repeat clothes when she is online unless she wants to intentionally. We had a deal but maybe it is time to renegotiate.

Private shows shouldn't be looked at the same was as custom videos. Private shows are like a customer going into a café and ordering a coffee. Customs are like you calling a Barista while they are at home telling them you want a coffee, they have to get ready and open up shop before they can even begin making you your coffee. Also unlike private show, even if the videos aren't edited at all there is still time spent simply uploading the video to share it.

Why I don't understand is why you haven't just simply communicated with the model..
because I'm a dude, duh lol. I know that's the last thing we think of.

So you used to pay her $50 for a 30 minute video? That’s less than $2 per minute and lower than the typical private show. She’s probably realized how much you’ve lowballed her over the years and that’s why she is making the videos shorter now.

Obviously I’m not aware of her setup, but recording a custom typically involves a lot more work than just jumping on cam for a private. Setup, getting lighting right, filming at multiple angles so having to readjust lighting/the camera, and then editing it all together. That’s why customs are more expensive than private shows.

It definitely sounds like you’re trying to/have been taking advantage of the fact that she’s a studio model and I’m guessing is from a lower socioeconomic area. It’s sad that you have had some sort of rapport with this model for years, and like her content, yet want to pay the absolute least amount possible for custom content that you enjoy.
I didn't ask for 30 minutes, that's what she did. I raised the price because she was making them so long. I bought the lights and the camera because her room was too dark. I appreciate the advice, I can offer to raise the price but she won't have the flexibility that I give her now. Sometimes she forgets to make the video because I pay her when I think of the idea. "Hey, I liked the show today. Make me a video doing XXX. Here's the money, send it when you have time".

I agree, I should just pay more and be more specific.

I pay for her Mega page so she can store all of her photos and videos. I would say, 80% of the time I am sending her whatever she needs (clothes shoes toys). If I had to choose, I think her private shows are better because she likes knowing she is being watched. I already have hundreds of videos of her. With anyone else, I would just do the private show. Maybe it's just my head. You guys are helping me here because I don't want to come across like I am complaining. For the last video, the clothes cost $200 (mostly the shoes) and the guys loved the outfit so she had a great night. Plus I paid $100. So I spent $300 and got a 10 minute video. Meanwhile, BobbybigD gets a 30 minute private for less than I paid for the shoes that he enjoyed so much. The goal is to get her paid so I'm not mad. I just think I should get a few extra minutes.

Hiya!

Seems like there's a lack of clear communication between you. As others have noted, 80 dollars is very cheap for a 20 min custom. $10 a minute is about industry standard as a base rate for non exclusive customs so you have been getting a steal. Your privates are not something you can easily compare to that - pricing structure for those follows a different pattern.

However it seems like you didnt clearly agree on a time for these videos up front so shes been adjusting things.

In your 4 options

1. May be unfair
2. Is manipulative and dancing around the issue
3. Seems like it will be tricky to do for you
4. Customers dont dictate prices

Instead I suggest an open and direct conversation being clear about your desires and making sure she knows she sets her prices but needs to communicate those to you.

It could look something like this:

"Hey I love the videos you make but I have noticed that the lengths have been shortening over the years despite the price remaining the same. I realize we never clarified run time expectations and I am aware that prices may change for all sorts of reasons including inflation. Could you clarify for me going forward your current rates for videos, assuming I continue to purchase 3-4 a month?

I enjoy the shorter ones but I miss the longer 20 min ones because of how into it you would get with the toys etc. I would like to know what adequate compensation would be to get back to those longer ones again?"
That sounds really good. I'll probably plagiarize if you don't mind. I used to joke with her that it takes her 19 minutes to cum and the guys that leave before that don't know what they are missing. I think what she is doing is making my video when someone leaves her hanging, so she'll finish with my video. That happens because I usually don't give specifics.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
That's one of my thoughts. Just tell her I want a longer video. I don't mind paying more but I am also buying the clothes every time. She rarely has to repeat clothes when she is online unless she wants to intentionally. We had a deal but maybe it is time to renegotiate.
Buying her the clothes and toys that you want to see doesn't count as compensation. Not even if she wears or uses them during other shows or in other clips. A) she can't pay her bills with those, B) it's unlikely to create a larger audience for her, even if she gets compliments (anyone who hangs around long enough to notice the outfit was new was someone who was going to be hanging out regardless). Those things are for your benefit, not hers.

Anyway, inflation is a bitch. I see people in this thread saying that $10/minute is industry standard... well... $10/minute has been industry standard for well over a damn decade! If you paid $200 for an outfit (for yourself), and $100 additional for a 10 minute video, you effectively paid $10 per minute. That's nothing to complain about, but it took you an entire thread to get there, so I'm unsure about the full story. Whatever. If she charges the same rate for private, then you got a deal! Because you got to use your pre-planned script, better lighting, editing, the works.

"The goal is to get her paid"... lol, so what is this thread for, then? Just send her money then?

How would the studio find out you were paying for cheap customs under the table if you were texting?
It was probably part of the interview process. They probably saw all of her supplies and asked how she got everything. She probably told them I sent everything to her in exchange for videos and extra cash. For a minute she stopped making my videos, that's the reason I think she told them. I did privates with her for a few weeks.

I always talk to her when she gets home, I would tell her, "this one was $150" "Today I spent $185 and you got $40". After a month she was making videos for me again. I still do private shows with her because they are different. I wasn't going to continue to spend that much money just to give away to the website. They aren't losing anything.

When she started doing them again, I told her I want to pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.