AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Nap shows?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensualJade

Cam Model
Nov 8, 2021
chaturbate.com
MFC Username
JadexGoddess
Streamate Username
JadexGoddess
Chaturbate Username
goddessxjade
I'm on streamate and was thinking of doing a nap show, but my question is is it even worth it? What's your experience and how profitable can it be? Is there even a point? Camming is hard work, and sometimes i just want to switch things up.

Reactions: JaneJaneth
I'm on streamate and was thinking of doing a nap show, but my question is is it even worth it? What's your experience and how profitable can it be? Is there even a point? Camming is hard work, and sometimes i just want to switch things up.
I can't speak on nap shows, but wanted to also suggest general voyeur shows. You can do nap voyeur, exercise, housecleaning, studying... and the list goes on. I've had success w workout ones, although I haven't done any in a while. I've heard others do well w that too.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilly_____
I have heard they used to be profitable, but that since everyone started doing them and "waking up" for low gold, they aren't anymore. Which makes sense, its not a super common fetish. But that's just what another model who's done a lot of them has told me. Not something I can say from personal experience. Idk if everyone is still doing them, but there was a phase where a lot of models started doing them. There was a lot of conflict about them, so I stopped paying attention completely, months ago.

Last edited:
Seems like it's useful if you need hours, not money.
Has anyone heard of an estimated total of earnings regarding nap shows though? I know it varies, but im curious. And yes, I want to put in more hours and figured it would be great for contests. But I also don't want it to ruin my placement either and it would be completely different than what my regulars expect. Camming is such hard work lol. Because I want to do something different, i just dont want to turn anyone off either.

I don't recall any specific stats. I don't know anyone who does this regularly.

I think if you want to try a lower effort stream and still earn, don't immediately go all the way down to zero effort and sleep on cam. Voyeur streams can make money, like @MarieElise mentioned. I truly believe the people sleeping on cam are doing it because they need the hours and not because it's making them significant money. They need those hours to hit the total for bonus or whatever. It's not a long-term strategy that boosts their business overall, probably more like a step backward in relation to placement/client retention, and a last-ditch effort for immediate reward. Most people who see a sleeping performer are going to assume you need your z's and won't bother. You know how lots of members will leave if they think you are in any way busy like typing somewhere else, or looking at your phone? It's that x100. It doesn't have a wide enough appeal to negate the people it turns away. Otherwise there would be entire platforms dedicated to it.

I don't recall any specific stats. I don't know anyone who does this regularly.

I think if you want to try a lower effort stream and still earn, don't immediately go all the way down to zero effort and sleep on cam. Voyeur streams can make money, like @MarieElise mentioned. I truly believe the people sleeping on cam are doing it because they need the hours and not because it's making them significant money. They need those hours to hit the total for bonus or whatever. It's not a long-term strategy that boosts their business overall, probably more like a step backward in relation to placement/client retention, and a last-ditch effort for immediate reward. Most people who see a sleeping performer are going to assume you need your z's and won't bother. You know how lots of members will leave if they think you are in any way busy like typing somewhere else, or looking at your phone? It's that x100. It doesn't have a wide enough appeal to negate the people it turns away. Otherwise there would be entire platforms dedicated to it.
ok that makes sense. Maybe i should try it just for two nights this week to hit the hours needed this week, i dont know. I always cam in the morning so most likely a good portion of my regulars won't be on.

I've done a few nap shows here and there and agree with what @THE MOLLIE MARIE and @MarieElise said. It's not a big earner (pretty sure that's across the board and not just me) but it can be a nice little top up when you need the money but don't have the energy for your typical shows. Especially during competition weeks, I've had days where I earnt more per hour in my sleep than during a normal "trying to be friendly and bubbly and interesting" cam shift.

Definitely the hours are the main appeal and are the reason I started doing them - I just didn't have enough time in the week to meet competition minimum hours but didn't wanna miss out on the bonus pay for being in the top XX earners. I've not done one in ages because I'm too busy to even attempt to take part in the competitions recently, but I did find that doing them every now and again brought in more interest than I was expecting it to. I think a lot of people see it as a fun little novelty thing. I doubt if I did them more often that I'd continue to see the same results.

Also, I made the best money when I was just chilling, pretending to sleep and "woke up" for 5G or more tips, sleepily interacted with the people in the room until the tipping died down again then "went back to sleep". When I was genuinely fast asleep and either the buzzes <20G weren't strong enough to wake me up, or I'd accidentally cut the signal off from my lush so didn't get woken up (only saw the tips at like 3 or 4am on my earnings sheet the next day), I was much less successful. You could see people would try with different sized tips but if they weren't getting at least a bit of a moan or something to acknowledge their tips, they'd give up and move on.

I really don't know how significant "ranking" or "placement" on SM is to your overall success on the site but in theory if it doesn't matter at all, I'd say sleep shows are 100% worth doing because even 25G in a whole night is still money for virtually nothing, so nothing to lose! But that's only if placement doesn't matter and I'm not sure I'd wanna risk finding out the hard way.

Aw
I've done a few nap shows here and there and agree with what @THE MOLLIE MARIE and @MarieElise said. It's not a big earner (pretty sure that's across the board and not just me) but it can be a nice little top up when you need the money but don't have the energy for your typical shows. Especially during competition weeks, I've had days where I earnt more per hour in my sleep than during a normal "trying to be friendly and bubbly and interesting" cam shift.

Definitely the hours are the main appeal and are the reason I started doing them - I just didn't have enough time in the week to meet competition minimum hours but didn't wanna miss out on the bonus pay for being in the top XX earners. I've not done one in ages because I'm too busy to even attempt to take part in the competitions recently, but I did find that doing them every now and again brought in more interest than I was expecting it to. I think a lot of people see it as a fun little novelty thing. I doubt if I did them more often that I'd continue to see the same results.

Also, I made the best money when I was just chilling, pretending to sleep and "woke up" for 5G or more tips, sleepily interacted with the people in the room until the tipping died down again then "went back to sleep". When I was genuinely fast asleep and either the buzzes <20G weren't strong enough to wake me up, or I'd accidentally cut the signal off from my lush so didn't get woken up (only saw the tips at like 3 or 4am on my earnings sheet the next day), I was much less successful. You could see people would try with different sized tips but if they weren't getting at least a bit of a moan or something to acknowledge their tips, they'd give up and move on.

I really don't know how significant "ranking" or "placement" on SM is to your overall success on the site but in theory if it doesn't matter at all, I'd say sleep shows are 100% worth doing because even 25G in a whole night is still money for virtually nothing, so nothing to lose! But that's only if placement doesn't matter and I'm not sure I'd wanna risk finding out the hard way.
Awesome! So glad you had success. My next question is, i was talking to another girl who had received a warning for doing them. So I just want to be clear...me putting up a sign stating it's consensual as the thumbnail, as well as stating it in my show description plus my topic is absolutely needed for me not to get a warning right? The girl i spoke to today mentioned she tried to state it in her show but it prevented her from using the words she was supposed to so she stopped trying? I just can't afford to get banned because i have already had two warning for my cat accidentally popping into view.

So on my original account I had a voyeur following and did nap shows. I started making $50-$250 a night sleeping. But at first it was like $3-$10 and my hourly tanked until I was consistent and able to keep my voyeur guys happy in other ways. Sleeping beauty guys and voyeur are not the same and are not looking for the same reactions so I had to figure out which was bringing in more money and trend my shows that way. I just want to note that I spent years doing voyeur and fetish shows first to build the right audience

I mean why, tho? Just log off and take a nap. You fart when you're asleep, do you really want that to be your legacy?

I was in a dildo show the other day, and I kid you not, a pink feather came out with the dildo. Not sure how it got in there, but I do have some pink feathered clothing. I ABSOLUTELY want that to be my legacy 😆 Just wanted to give you all a laugh. True story though. The guy thought it was funny. It was like an impromptu adult magic trick or something. Sorry to whatever it's called again, when people go off topic.

ETA; Derail.

I was in a dildo show the other day, and I kid you not, a pink feather came out with the dildo. Not sure how it got in there, but I do have some pink feathered clothing. I ABSOLUTELY want that to be my legacy 😆 Just wanted to give you all a laugh. True story though. The guy thought it was funny. It was like an impromptu adult magic trick or something. Sorry to whatever it's called again, when people go off topic.

ETA; Derail.
:rofl:

And now I am imagining a "flags of the world" type magic trick!

Oh my mind is weird sometimes!

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
I mean why, tho? Just log off and take a nap. You fart when you're asleep, do you really want that to be your legacy?
Sm does these bonuses that require at least 25 hours. Models do theses sleep shows with lush toys or none at all. And im pretty sure the models who are worried about that can turn their mic off.

You fart when you're asleep, do you really want that to be your legacy?
Tbh, I fuck myself on camera for random strangers for a living, a little farting isn't going to phase me at this point
So I just want to be clear...me putting up a sign stating it's consensual as the thumbnail, as well as stating it in my show description plus my topic is absolutely needed for me not to get a warning right? The girl i spoke to today mentioned she tried to state it in her show but it prevented her from using the words she was supposed to so she stopped trying?
Yeah I also got a warning because I put it in my room topic and held up a sign in my thumbnail but I hadn't put it in my show description too so definitely do that. They also suggested to tick "voyeur" in the kinky categories which I've done just to be safe but I don't think it's required

Sm does these bonuses that require at least 25 hours. Models do theses sleep shows with lush toys or none at all. And im pretty sure the models who are worried about that can turn their mic off.
Ah, I know absolutely nothing about SM. What kind of bonus? Stream continuously for 25 hours?

Ah, I know absolutely nothing about SM. What kind of bonus? Stream continuously for 25 hours?
If you stream the specified number of hours during the contest period, you get a bonus % of earnings made during that time as well, or a flat bonus amount. So for some performers, it feels like leaving money on the table if they aren't hitting the minimum for the bonus. It's a way to be rewarded even if you aren't placing in the contest.

SM is a difficult site for many of us to do many hours on each week. Specifically models who do vanilla and penetrating, but also Dommed who are putting a ton of creative emotional and mental energy in. On weeks where traffic has traditionally been quieter there are contests to attract models. To qualify for many of them you have to stream for minimum 25 hours live for the week. Which is a challenge to every model no matter how quiet or busy they are. It’s hard if you’re quiet to sit in an unnatural position, bored that long. Also dealing w more freeloaderish scroungey traffic. It burns you out. Sciatica is painful. Lots of models and people who work long hours in front of screens, have bad back issues.

And for busy models ( or medium busy models) doing that many hours of shows is extremely difficult physically. Not uncommon for models to have to ice themselves, and sleep for days after the contest is over. Especially any of us who have chronic health issues anyways.

Last edited:
SM is a difficult site for many of us to do many hours on each week. Specifically models who do vanilla and penetrating, but also Dommed who are putting a ton of creative emotional and mental energy in. On weeks where traffic has traditionally been quieter there are contests to attract models. To qualify for many of them you have to stream for minimum 25 hours live for the week. Which is a challenge to every model no matter how quiet or busy they are. It’s hard if you’re quiet to sit in an unnatural position bored that long, dealing w more freeloaderish traffic. It burns you out. And got busy models or medium busy models doing that many hours of shows is extremely difficult physically. Not uncommon for models to have to ice themselves and sleep for days after the contest is over. Especially any of us who have chronic health issues.
So is SM strictly one on one interactions? No nudity in public? Sorry, if you've answered this a million times.

Thank you to you both for responding.

So is SM strictly one on one interactions? No nudity in public? Sorry, if you've answered this a million times.

Thank you to you both for responding.
Oh God don’t ask about nudity in public, it’s been such a controversial topic for a year now. We are technically not supposed to but… Can someone else explain this please; because I don’t even wanna go there. Sorry, there’s been so much heated, behind the scenes arguments about this. And the rules are extremely diffuse, and only written in certain parts of the performer code, or whatever. God … some other SM model help me try to explain this situation.

But on every other Question I can answer. There are a lot of functions to SM. You can run your room more like a token site. Or you can run your room more as a private model. It’s a lot like how on MFC, you can actually limit a lot of stuff, if you know all the functions. I hope that makes sense. I mean the functionalities of the site.

Traditionally it’s more of a private site. With exclusives back to back. Traditionally, it has a waiting room vibe . Not like token sites, where models want people to hang out to chat and entertain. However times are changing. As far as there are other ways I’ve discovered to work this site, with a lot of the new functions which have been added. But my favorite is the traditional way.

I’m nervous and rambling. This whole topic is hot. I’m worried I’m not describing what goes on right. Can someone who’s feeling brave describe better please? Lol

ETA; I think I can speak for most when I say we try to avoid bottomless nudity and penetration in free chat.

Last edited:
SM has rules that are meant to have most shows occurring in one on one or group shows, without nudity or the expectation for performance in free/public chat. Things have changed a lot over the years, with rules being adjusted and performers finding new ways to make their free chat room attract more viewers to convert.

• Helpful!
Oh God don’t ask about nudity in public, it’s been such a controversial topic for a year now. We are technically not supposed to but… Can someone else explain this please; because I don’t even wanna go there. Sorry, there’s been so much heated, behind the scenes arguments about this. And the rules are extremely diffuse, and only written in certain parts of the performer code, or whatever. God … some other SM model help me try to explain this situation.

But on every other Question I can answer. There are a lot of functions to SM. You can run your room more like a token site. Or you can run your room more as a private model. It’s a lot like how on MFC, you can actually limit a lot of stuff, if you know all the functions. I hope that makes sense. I mean the functionalities of the site.

Traditionally it’s more of a private site. With exclusives back to back. Traditionally, it has a waiting room vibe . Not like token sites, where models want people to hang out to chat and entertain. However times are changing. As far as there are other ways I’ve discovered to work this site, with a lot of the new functions which have been added. But my favorite is the traditional way.

I’m nervous and rambling. This whole topic is hot. I’m worried I’m not describing what goes on right. Can someone who’s feeling brave describe better please? Lol

ETA; I think I can speak for most when I say we try to avoid bottomless nudity and penetration in free chat.
Oh I am so sorry. I had no idea this was such a hot topic. I'll hush and watch more.

• Hugs
Oh I am so sorry. I had no idea this was such a hot topic. I'll hush and watch more.
Its a natural question, you’re all good. Not your fault 💛

Its a natural question, you’re all good. Not your fault 💛
🫶 I know there are some questions about Chaturbate that make me want to run for the hills instead of trying to answer them. Most of the time I fear because it's such a ludicrous thing no one will believe me.

• Funny!
I did mine for the first time, and let me tell you, I had to log off after only four hours. First, people DO wake you up with gold vibrations but they only do low amounts.

The lights, OMG, though I reduced them significantly, it was still impossible to sleep with them

Also, you can’t really cover yourself fully, you have to be sexy while sleeping, if that makes sense? so at some point I got chills to the bones. Literally.

It’s worth it if you want to take in the hours online, but tip wise, I think I made about 25$

Reactions: Sashacurves
I can't speak on nap shows, but wanted to also suggest general voyeur shows. You can do nap voyeur, exercise, housecleaning, studying... and the list goes on. I've had success w workout ones, although I haven't done any in a while. I've heard others do well w that too.
About exercise. I think this is something I can do, but do you just put on your workout clothes and just start working out? Squats, jumping, push-ups, any exercise? Or there’s something else to it? 🤔

I did mine for the first time, and let me tell you, I had to log off after only four hours. First, people DO wake you up with gold vibrations but they only do low amounts.

The lights, OMG, though I reduced them significantly, it was still impossible to sleep with them

Also, you can’t really cover yourself fully, you have to be sexy while sleeping, if that makes sense? so at some point I got chills to the bones. Literally.

It’s worth it if you want to take in the hours online, but tip wise, I think I made about 25$
All valid points! You definitely don't get the best night's sleep unless your lush disconnects without you realising haha. I literally only have fairy lights on, but I've got quite a good camera that adjusts the white balance well. And yes, you can get really cold - I whack my heating on high ahead of doing a nap show and strategically position my body so that either my ass or my tits are on show but the rest is snug under my duvet!

I agree with the financial side though, I think the best I made in a whole night's worth (6 hours ish) was about $300 and pretty sure my lowest was also about $25

All valid points! You definitely don't get the best night's sleep unless your lush disconnects without you realising haha. I literally only have fairy lights on, but I've got quite a good camera that adjusts the white balance well. And yes, you can get really cold - I whack my heating on high ahead of doing a nap show and strategically position my body so that either my ass or my tits are on show but the rest is snug under my duvet!

I agree with the financial side though, I think the best I made in a whole night's worth (6 hours ish) was about $300 and pretty sure my lowest was also about $25
K but 300 for sleeping?! Like wow that’s amazing. I’ve made that in 3 hours of interactive camming but it was exhausting lol. I don’t know if I could do the whole night. Maybe set an alarm for 4 hours or something.

Reactions: Sashacurves
To qualify for many of them you have to stream for minimum 25 hours live for the week.

I wanna make a correction to this post for the sake of any new models reading. It’s been driving me nuts that I wrote it that way. In case anyone is new to see SM, it’s actually two parts.

The contests often require 25 hours for the bonus part. But you could still be a model who earns a very high hourly and place in the contest, and win prize money for that, without actually streaming 25 hours. Sorry to be confusing. The contests Have two different parts. A bonus part for streaming at least 25 hours for the week, and a contest part depending on ranking w tiered prizes.

Accuracy is important to me. But I often don’t have time to make corrections when I word something wrong, within the 15 minutes.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.