AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Navel piercing rejected/infected, Can I repierce it?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2016
Hey guys! So I have been really missing my navel piercing lately and I've been thinking about getting it pierced again.

The problem is I had it pierced about a year ago and the woman who pierced it didn't do it correctly. She put the needle through with no problem, then proceeded to completely take the needle out, turn around and get the jewelry, and then try to put the jewelry in. I'm not a professional piercer by any means but I am pretty sure that you are suppose to keep the needle in and thread the jewelry through? :worried: Well, it took about 5 minutes of struggling and pulling/tugging until it eventually went through. It was incredibly painful and just an overall bad experience. Obviously all of the struggling the piercer did to get the jewelry through screwed up the piercing itself because it was crooked on top of being purple and bruised all around it. :dead:

Anyways, it hurt like a bitch for a week or two but it seemed to heal alright. But I think I screwed up when I had it for about a month or two and decided to take the jewelry out and put some cheap jewelry in. I had a lot of friends who changed their jewelry out pretty soon after getting their bellies pierced so I figured that it'd be ok. Obviously not because ever since then I had a horrible infection. My piercing was always excreding pus and was constantly sore. I cleaned it 2-3 times a day with saltwater solution, did the saltwater soak, all that good stuff and it didn't help much. I really should have gone to the doctor and got myself on antibiotics but for whatever reason I just didn't.

Anyways once I had it for about a year I noticed it was rejecting and the jewelry was about to just pop off so I just took it out and now I have a big scar where it was.

Soooooooo my question is given the circumstances surrounding the piercing itself (aka having it pierced incorrectly to begin with and changing the jewelry out too early) is there a chance that if I go to a better piercer and NOT change the jewelry out before I am suppose to that I can have a normal belly button piercing? I got it done for my birthday and I was so excited to have it! Lol and the whole time it was crooked, bruised (for some reason it always had a purple tinge to it. the purple colouring around the piercing never went away) and hurt.

Of course I will ask a professional piercer but I was just curious as to what other people's opinions were since I'm sure theres a fair share of ladies out there that have experience with a navel piercing. Thank you!! :shy:

I may have passed out twice reading that.

• Funny!
Reactions: Honey Moon
It wouldn't hurt to try again. Your body may have rejected it for many reasons it could have been bad job done by the piercer, the piercing too shallow or you could just have the type of body that rejects piercings over time. I have several piercings as well as a few dermal implants I've never had a problem with any of my piercings rejecting but, of my three dermals two are starting to reject due to my age and losing fat in my face, they no longer have anything to anchor too. I say give it a shot see how it goes and if it doesn't work out then you're probably not going to be left with much more of a scar than you already have. Just make sure you stay on top of your aftercare, because that is what's really important when it comes to taking care of piercings.

Something that may be helpful. I gauged my nipples up recently and my left one got infected. I was doing salt water soaks and cleaning it two or three times a day and I just could not get the soreness or the swelling and infection to go away. Since I'm a big fan of homeopathic remedies, what I did is I took some raw apple cider vinegar and diluted a couple teaspoons into warm water and I would soak it for about 1 minute twice a day alternatively I would clean it with this solution using a qtip. I would use a little coconut oil to keep it lubricated. The acid in the apple cider vinegar will kill the infection and coconut oil has natural anti fungal/antibacterial properties. I noticed it cleared up the infection in record time, by the next day the soreness and swelling was nearly gone and within a week my piercing seemed to be well seasoned.

Last edited:
My navel started migrating but I took it out before it got anywhere near rejection. For me, the scar never went away so I have this fugly spot above my belly button. I don't think I would pierce through it again because it still looks like I have a 'hole' but if yours closed up all the way and the piercer allows it, you should go for it. :)

I think I need cosmetic surgery to remove my scar.:hungover:

That sounds freaking awful! I got mine pierced and changed it the day I got it done (which probably wasn't smart but I do a lot of dumb things haha) but it never got infected. I had it for like 2 years before my body started rejecting it so I took it out. I think your body can reject a piercing for any reason or no reason at all. Unfortunately for me by body treats piercings like tattoos in that they're basically permanent. Once it's pierced it refuses to heal whether I keep jewelry in it or not so I can't get mine repierced but I totally would if I could! All you can do is try

You might also have the same issue a friend did. She found out she has a reaction to cheap jewelry metals. I'd never heard of such a thing before. The plating wears a bit and everything turns red and if not removed, will get infected and itch like crazy. She can use gold or platinum and there's no reaction at all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.