AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Need advice, Been offline for 4 weeks, how can I apoligize to my fans

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyy
So about a month ago I was super active on my twitter, pantydeal, and chaturbate accounts, but a personal/family crisis overtook my life. Things are finally back to (simi) normal. I feel awful for not posting any thing on my twitter or PantyDeal account telling my fans what was going on Ive just kinda gosted everyone. I want to fix it... I want to get things back to normal and my twitter, pantydeal, & chaturbate accounts are my normal..Any advice is so appreciated ty

You don’t have to apologize to them. If anyone asks just shrug it off, tell them you didn’t feel like it and you are only on when you are in the mood for it. Believe it or not absences like this make them miss you and long for you which means more $$$ on your return. It also trains them to flip the script... you are not serving them, it is them serving you. Never apologize.

One model I like came back after ghosting for a couple weeks. When she came back I didn’t feel like she owed me or anyone an apology. She explained in chat what happened but I feel that wasn’t even necessary, especially if it was a personal thing. I was just glad she was back, and I bet your regulars will be too. No need to “fix” anything. Just carry on like you didn’t take a break. My 2 cents.

Heyy
So about a month ago I was super active on my twitter, pantydeal, and chaturbate accounts, but a personal/family crisis overtook my life. Things are finally back to (simi) normal. I feel awful for not posting any thing on my twitter or PantyDeal account telling my fans what was going on Ive just kinda gosted everyone. I want to fix it... I want to get things back to normal and my twitter, pantydeal, & chaturbate accounts are my normal..Any advice is so appreciated ty

You don't owe anyone an apology. Please don't go online apologizing (It's really not that serious), cuz you know you're gonna get some asshat talking about "It's okay. We forgive you. But how about you show us a little something to make up for it?" *EYEROLL* Lmao.

You're human, and life happens. Also, even though having a set schedule is great and all...you are your own boss. You work for yourself, and you can get on cam whenever you please, really. It's not like you bailed on someone after he paid you for a Skype show or custom video. Hopefully you are welcomed back online with lots of online love and tips! :h:

Last edited:
i go on hiatuses all the time. my hustle is now like the deadbeat dad who only shows up around random holidays or out of the blue to spoil with gifts and make false promises about coming around more often.

you don't have to explain yourself. if someone asks, just be like "oh i had things that came up, but im back."

it's none of their god damn business.

In my opinion you don't need to apologize at all. You do not owe anyone an explanation. You certainly can be as honest as you with but you don't owe anyone anything. It's your room and all the rest or visitors.

Take a line from amusement parks and just tell them you were "Closed for refurbishment for your future enjoyment."

Disclaimer : I am a member not a model.

I agree you do not have to apologize. But if your desire is to make money and maintain a good relationship with your regulars, I think it is good business to do so. Probably more important than your explanation is a promise to do better in the future. A tweet takes a minute and can be done pretty much anywhere in the world.

Imagine a restaurant that you go to once or twice a month.
In January restaurant A has a sign saying do to a family situation we will be closed the month of February.
Restaurant B had no sign in Jan, but when you arrive at the door hungry in Feb. you see a sign saying Sorry, we will be closed due to family matter all of Feb.
Restaurant C had no sign in Jan and when you arrive in Feb. all you see is closed sign.
Which restaurant are you more like to patronize? There was restaurant C in my life, I figured they went out of business. Months later I was surprised to see them open and found out they were closed for a family wedding, but it was too late for them, I had moved on.

You don't owe anyone an apology. Please don't go online apologizing (It's really not that serious), cuz you know you're gonna get some asshat talking about "It's okay. We forgive you. But how about you show us a little something to make up for it?" *EYEROLL* Lmao.

You're human, and life happens. Also, even though having a set schedule is great and all...you are your own boss. You work for yourself, and you can get on cam whenever you please, really. It's not like you bailed on someone after he paid you for a Skype show or custom video. Hopefully you are welcomed back online with lots of online love and tips! :h:

No way! You're definitely mistaken.. guys on these sites would never ever do that!!!

</end sarcasm>

lol

I'm a huge jerk so I disappeared for like three months with no warning. It was personal stuff and when it was done, I came back nbd. My goto greeting for my old regulars was "where have you been?!?!" and everyone was pretty chill about it. I imagine that I lost some viewers, but there's no one I miss. Taking a break actually let me reboot and come back to it with better planning and better enthusiasm, so it was a win all around.

Don't feel bad about prioritizing your life and working around hiccups. It might hurt your momentum but if you can deal with that it's not a problem. I wouldn't (and didn't >.>) apologize outright.

Personally, I've always appreciated a quick note saying someone will be gone for a bit just to set expectations, especially if people are waiting on paid deliverables. The ghosting and silence, especially from the owner of a small business, can be abrupt and off-putting, and make it harder to trust again with preorders and things. Family stuff definitely comes up, but it's pretty easy to make sure some scheduled messages are sent out letting people know you'll be gone for a while (and none of their business why) and when you'll be back.

Heyy

We all need a mental health break sometimes. For instance I've only cammed one day this whole month. xD
It's important to take time for yourself, and they don't need all the details of what you're going through. If you feel comfortable sharing, do, but you're not required to do so. Just let them know like hey, I was dealing with some stuff, but I'm back so let's have some fun! Most people will be supportive of the fact that you may not have been, but you're here now, and things can continue like they did.

You're not obligated to give them your life's story, don't feel that way. :)

Reactions: Yavin4MFC
Status
Not open for further replies.