AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Netflix movie CAM

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFT

Jan 18, 2016
At the whim of the wind
So I'm looking at Drudge to see who's overreacting to what election and see a link to this a couple days back...

CAM The Former Sex Worker Taking Hollywood by Storm

Interesting take, a horror based on camming, from someone who did it. Did I miss this? Anyway heard it from Matt first, now if I just had his Netflix PW...

I'd love that, though Rachel Bloom is busy at present. And Crazy Ex-Camgirl doesn't break that trend.

Ohh! Kristin Chenoweth, now that's gold.

Romantic though? Hmm. She's done adorable heartbreaking unrequited love from afar, but how to flip the script in cam realm? No matter, we'll fix it in editing.

I know the ex-model who wrote it so I’m pretty stoked! It’s won awards and shit already!

I know the ex-model who wrote it so I’m pretty stoked! It’s won awards and shit already!
She looks familiar to me but I can't quite place it...

The trailer is up and apparently the movie is launched on Netflix as of Nov 8. :)

Reactions: AmberCutie
The trailer is up and apparently the movie is launched on Netflix as of Nov 8. :)

Apparently the actual movie doesn’t come out on Netflix until November 16. Sorry!

Reactions: SavCo
Oh that looks interesting! I did look for new things to watch on Netflix lately.
I see that the actress there is the same one who portrayed Janine in the Handmaids Tale - it'd be interesting to see here take this role here.

I just watched this and I really enjoyed it. The ending felt a bit rushed but it was different than I expected in a good way

I liked it also. You could tell that one of the producers/writers was a camgirl. The ending was a bit of a mess, but overall fun and suspenseful.

Reactions: eden
I liked it also. You could tell that one of the producers/writers was a camgirl. The ending was a bit of a mess, but overall fun and suspenseful.

I agree on the ending. I was sitting there with my roommate like wtf did I just watch?

I overall liked the movie though. It straight up gave me anxiety in between all the facepalms.

Reactions: eden and SavCo
I appreciated the nod to a few very real details of being a cam girl who wants to be super competitive in ranks.

However, they missed a HUGE opportunity to show her with ice on her crotch after riding the sybian for so long! I was hoping they'd put that in there! lol...

It was the most accurate representation of camming on a site like MFC I’ve ever seen. And holy, horror movie for cm girls just at the part where she couldn’t log into her account! Hahaha! I was like damn, end it right there and I’ll Still be like “OH THAT MOVIE WAS SCARY!”

It was good! I really enjoyed the unique idea and how it was presented. I was a little bummed by the ending but mostly because I was enjoying it so much I wanted MORE!

It was the most accurate representation of camming on a site like MFC I’ve ever seen. And holy, horror movie for cm girls just at the part where she couldn’t log into her account! Hahaha! I was like damn, end it right there and I’ll Still be like “OH THAT MOVIE WAS SCARY!”

LOL that is probably the part that I definitely could get a real gauge of her panic. As for the movie overall it definitely was the best attempt I've seen of capturing the "cam girl" scene in film/television. That said, as a horror/thriller type of flick it never really connected with me. I doubt I would watch it again.

Is it wrong that I'm inspired by the characters creativity? Also don't want to look like I'm copying so I'm torn but I DID have an 80s workout show idea before I saw it, admittedly it was after I saw GLOW.

I'm thankful to watch something that isn't a documentary about "we want to explore the real lives of sex workers" and "omg poor them".

Still processing... there's a common strain of thought that sex work is about getting people to endure stuff. I think that's only one style of camming... perhaps the style needed for this character. It was good to see the other camgirls talk about their styles.

Overall I actually really enjoyed it and I usually don't watch scary stuff by myself.

I quite liked the movie. It wasn’t “mind-blowing” but it was really enjoyable. I can’t be too critical as Isa definitely put together something way better than I could have ever written! I also enjoyed looking for her multiple cameos!
I filmed and photographed Isa myself a few years ago. We discussed and even filmed a couple darker concepts together then and when I learned that she had penned a horror/thriller flick a few months back I was really excited to see where else her mind wandered. I’m pretty proud of her, honestly and I hope it’s not the last we’ll see of her creativity.

Is it wrong that I'm inspired by the characters creativity? Also don't want to look like I'm copying so I'm torn but I DID have an 80s workout show idea before I saw it, admittedly it was after I saw GLOW.

I'm thankful to watch something that isn't a documentary about "we want to explore the real lives of sex workers" and "omg poor them".

Still processing... there's a common strain of thought that sex work is about getting people to endure stuff. I think that's only one style of camming... perhaps the style needed for this character. It was good to see the other camgirls talk about their styles.

Overall I actually really enjoyed it and I usually don't watch scary stuff by myself.
YESSSS on the creativity! I felt like 'damn I am slacking!' haha!
I am sure most of us could also relate to the scene where she is getting her hair done, and also communicating with a viewer/fan and throwing some sexy pics his way.....

i expected it to be written by a dude or non-sex worker but then when it was super accurate i was like wait... sure enough, former cam model!
i enjoyed it, but thought it kinda fell apart at the end.

also... who was getting the freegirlslive paycheck? lol.
because if it was still direct deposit then... fuck it, let her carry on!

I'll never look at cam stuff the same after watching it.

The extreme suicide stuff seems like it wouldn't be true. People get banned, apparently, for sleeping on cam in real life. Maybe things were different before? I don't know.

Butttttt the movie really was a creepy look at cam world (and identity theft in some sense). I'm not sure I've ever seen a horror movie that connected my experience (as a member/viewer) to the movie. 'Friday the 13th' and 'Halloween' seem easier to watch than this even though I have lived in a nice house on a nice street but we never had a 'East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker' (similar to Halloween) and have been to summer camp (Friday the 13th). I found the first 30 minutes fascinating. When she, as another poster stated, was getting her hair done and nonchalantly threw some pics to a fan, I thought that was awesome because it wasn't how I imagined it going down (I am dumb). I also found the members she interacted with as fascinating although it is hard for me to believe that that happens because maybe I want to remain ignorant (it would just kill it all the fun life stuff for me) and don't think camgirls would interact with such people.

I don't think it is so scary where I would hug a loved one while watching it but if you want to be creeped out by humans then this movie is great.

Last edited:
The extreme suicide stuff seems like it wouldn't be true. People get banned, apparently, for sleeping on cam in real life.
The first thing I said to Jawbs when we watched that scene was "yeah, she'd be banned for that in a second on MFC or CB" (ok, maybe more likely just CB, MFC would take longer to either suspend or contact her probably lol.)
I don't think it is so scary
The only scary scene in the whole movie to me was:

When the fake "her" looked to be walking down her own hallway approaching the door that actual "her" was sitting in, watching the stream.

And while the ending was kinda brutal looking (and awkwardly rushed as others have pointed out) it wasn't scary to me.
When she, as another poster stated, was getting her hair done and nonchalantly threw some pics to a fan, I thought that was awesome because it wasn't how I imagined it going down
I love that members probably don't think about how often when we are interacting with them, we are doing extremely mundane or even unattractive things at that very moment. If you've ever text chatted with a model friend on Snapchat or Kik... chances that it was while she was sitting on the toilet are HIGH. :haha:
I also found the members she interacted with as fascinating although it is hard for me to believe that that happens because maybe I want to remain ignorant (it would just kill it all the fun life stuff for me) and don't think camgirls would interact with such people.
I won't ruin it for you then...

The most disappointing thing about this movie overall is that it's depicted as a horror film.

It is not.

Thriller, at best. Psychological thriller/drama maybe. Not horror.

because if it was still direct deposit then... fuck it, let her carry on!

This was my exact thought...I was like, wait...wouldnt it still be her SS and DD set up? Cuz like...she can work for me, I'm ok with this.

I really enjoyed this. I think the most realistic scene was when she called the cops. Watching her explain, and then blowing her off---is EXACTLY how we have heard it play out with stalkers in the past.

I wasn't really scared...It wasn't scary--but Freaky? Creepy?

I was left with so many questions....but maybe that was the intention?

I won't ruin it for you then...

It's hard to believe that women would associate with those guys. But I guess if the money is good then women will put up with stuff. Still seems weird. I bail at the first sense of weirdness and Mr. Whale was someone that I couldn't handle in real life.

But then again, could I hang with a person for money If I detest them, though she detest him in the movie...mannnnn that is a tough question. (Wow, I just went from I wouldn't to I would, LOL).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.