AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2018
I just signed up to start Chaturbate. I’ve never cammed before, but years ago I worked as a phone sex operator and was somewhat successful, although it was a tough business when your competing with girls who offer visuals. Anyway, I’ve considered camming for a while, and now seems to be a good time since I recently lost my job. I’m not expecting to make a killing or supplement my income or anything, especially at first, but I’m hoping it will end up being profitable. My question is, since this is new for me, I’m not totally sure what my comfort level is. Is it possible to turn a profit and not be completely naked? I prefer to take my time and ease into things, but I’m afraid I might be wasting my time. I’d like to think my personality is enough to gain and keep some viewers, but...yeah...probably not. Does anyone have success being more modest? Ever?

Yes, many models are. You have to find what works for you and stick to your guns, eventually the members who are looking for what you have to offer will find you. It can also be the case that once you start you realize you are much more comfortable than you thought, you will never know until you try.

Reactions: Danicatillie
There are many ways to be sexy/sensual without getting naked, and there are many models who pull it off. The right outfit and tease can many times be much more arousing than going naked outright. Depends on your level of comfort of course, but you could do things like vibe/lush with your panties on, and/or doing a "beautiful agony" type climax/countdown instead of doing any nudity. But yeah, as Kitsune said, stick to your guns and don't let any of your members try to push you into uncomfortable territory especially to the detriment to your room vibe. Be upfront with the things you're willing to do and not do, and don't be afraid to kick/ban people from your room who don't respect that. There's a niche for everything out there, so don't be afraid to cater to them with what you want to do.

Teasing is actually something that I see works better for a lot of models. These can be models that are already popular or not. That have the confidence or not. One model springs to mind that's popular and people really like her, she gets big tippers but although she is stunning when naked, they seem to tip her more when she is dressed in some kind of clothing (not your typical sexy lingerie, either - i mean just jeans with a nice top, or a dress)..

SO my point here is that yes definitely you can do it without having to be naked or doing more. JUst work a little on teasing if you can teasing makes us guys want more - we can see a naked woman any time (quite literally just google naked pics/vids) Where as a good tease is not something all women can be. The fact you did phone sex too could really help with the whole teasing side - speaking and lifting or pulling parts of clothing without revealing is a great mixture and can be very successful.

But like above, just do what you feel you're happiest with, and let time tell you what you're truly comfortable with.
I even used to be shy to do cam2cam with any models but then when they told me I wasn't a gross pig or anything (lol) they made me more confident - sure only for cam2cam with one person and not broadcasting, but it's still that similar kind of thing and that has helped my confidence too (as weird as that sounds).

Just remember, if people are jerks and insult you or are rude, ignore them and ban them. There will be people that try get you to do things, either through them tipping or just begging and if you don't do them they will be vile people to you. At first it may be horrible but you will learn to let it roll off your back.

But enjoy and have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.