AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New Cam Model... Frustrated to get my foot in the door, advice??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2015
Twitter Username
@farfromrest1
MFC Username
Farfromrest_
Hey Everyone,
I just started webcam modelling on MFC last week and in that short amount of time, i've been running into frustrating situations, in where im not good enough or im doing it wrong... I started this because i thought it would be fun while at the same time to make some cash. Nothing too serious, but ever since I started last week. I'm doing everything wrong, I didn't know there could be a way to do it wrong. It should be your space to do with you as you please. I'm overwhelmed and i feel like no matter how much advice people have been given me, I still haven't been doing good, and i reflect that in my mood and confidence. I know that starting out is never easy, but its hard to even get more than 10 people in my room. I was curious if anyone had advice, dealing with the frustration of not doing good and still being confident.
Another frustration, is the pricing. I just want the men to make up the prices and I'll do what they want. Than dealing with pricing things. I did see other girls topics, but they have hundreds of viewers. My skype is 900 for 20 min and everyone seems to turn it down.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sevrin and Puffin
first deep breath... every one starting out is different than others. some of the most popular room started out small.. pricing should be the least of you worries right now. get a foot hold get your bearings. and above have fun with it. once you stress is work and no one wants to work when then can have. fun. most room take about 3 weeks to get up and running.

Don't confuse no traffic as doing something wrong! A week is not enough time to get a hang of anything when trying something out new. You'll have to test the waters with pricing and trying what works and what doesn't work for you.

Hey Everyone,
i thought it would be fun while at the same time to make some cash. Nothing too serious, but ever since I started last week. I'm doing everything wrong, I didn't know there could be a way to do it wrong. It should be your space to do with you as you please.

That's the big perk of web modeling. You can create the environment of your room and have total control of how things are ran in your room. You're right. It should be your space to do whatever as you please.

It sounds like you are more frustrated that you don't have a lot of people coming in and no one is taking you up on your services which is understandable, but web modeling is a full time job that requires time commitment, being personable, consistency and building a fanbase/regular members. A lot of times camming is mistaken as an easy way to make money. Most if not all models will tell you about their first week of camming and can probably share a similar experience.

I just want the men to make up the prices and I'll do what they want. Than dealing with pricing things. I did see other girls topics, but they have hundreds of viewers. My skype is 900 for 20 min and everyone seems to turn it down.

Maybe if you set out prices for things such as flash/show outfit/blow kiss/spank and small things like those it allows the user to tip for a small request rather than saying "it costs XXX, i'll do whatever you want." What if you break your Skype into 10 minute segments? 10 minutes/450 tokens to keep the rate you have listed.

I know that starting out is never easy, but its hard to even get more than 10 people in my room. I was curious if anyone had advice, dealing with the frustration of not doing good and still being confident.

You're going to have to accept that building your room is going to take time. Some days will be okay, some great, and some bad. If you feel like you are becoming overwhelmed with frustration, log off and take a breather then try again. Maybe start out with a low goal for the day. You can't expect to make thousands and ten thousands of tokens right off the bat in the first week. This forum has plenty of information to help new models. There is a search box in the upper right hand corner at your service :) Best of luck to you.

. I just want the men to make up the prices and I'll do what they want.

Yeah don't do that. If there is anything you take away from being on this board let it be: You are in control. YOU set your prices. YOU know what you are willing to do and for how much.

I don't think by that statement you meant literally do whatever for however much ... but ... just in case ... O.O

As far as traffic a better avatar picture will possibly help on MFC - your picture is very over exposed.

Hey Everyone,
I just started webcam modelling on MFC last week I did see other girls topics, but they have hundreds of viewers.

Hi! I am new model also and started this weekend.From what i observed if new model's room is really busy it is about 80 viewers on average- hundreds is so rare-actually saw even over a thousand in one new room -happens on occassion but not very often and is one model not all new models.
Hundreds of viewers, thousand viewers etc -this amount is in the top models room - the models who build up fans over time.

first deep breath... every one starting out is different than others. some of the most popular room started out small.. pricing should be the least of you worries right now. get a foot hold get your bearings. and above have fun with it. once you stress is work and no one wants to work when then can have. fun. most room take about 3 weeks to get up and running.
I know I shouldn't stress about it, I'm trying not to, letting go of the stress and thinking of the good. I just fall into a frustration because I feel like I'm doing something wrong when people always come and leave right award. Thank you for your advice! It has made me feel a lot better!

Yeah don't do that. If there is anything you take away from being on this board let it be: You are in control. YOU set your prices. YOU know what you are willing to do and for how much.

I don't think by that statement you meant literally do whatever for however much ... but ... just in case ... O.O

As far as traffic a better avatar picture will possibly help on MFC - your picture is very over exposed.
I meant that i don't know how much to set the prices for, I'd rather be given offers and decide if that works for me. I've been told though that doesn't work and I have to make up the prices. It just frustrating when I don't know what the prices should be, most men think it's too much. What do you mean over exposed? You mean by the lighting?

Don't confuse no traffic as doing something wrong! A week is not enough time to get a hang of anything when trying something out new. You'll have to test the waters with pricing and trying what works and what doesn't work for you.

That's the big perk of web modeling. You can create the environment of your room and have total control of how things are ran in your room. You're right. It should be your space to do whatever as you please.

It sounds like you are more frustrated that you don't have a lot of people coming in and no one is taking you up on your services which is understandable, but web modeling is a full time job that requires time commitment, being personable, consistency and building a fanbase/regular members. A lot of times camming is mistaken as an easy way to make money. Most if not all models will tell you about their first week of camming and can probably share a similar experience.

Maybe if you set out prices for things such as flash/show outfit/blow kiss/spank and small things like those it allows the user to tip for a small request rather than saying "it costs XXX, i'll do whatever you want." What if you break your Skype into 10 minute segments? 10 minutes/450 tokens to keep the rate you have listed.

You're going to have to accept that building your room is going to take time. Some days will be okay, some great, and some bad. If you feel like you are becoming overwhelmed with frustration, log off and take a breather then try again. Maybe start out with a low goal for the day. You can't expect to make thousands and ten thousands of tokens right off the bat in the first week. This forum has plenty of information to help new models. There is a search box in the upper right hand corner at your service :) Best of luck to you.
Thank you so much for your kind words and advice. It really means a lot for me, im going to try that out. Last night I just made a goal to get 500 and I got exactly that. I am frustrated that no one comes in, I feel like I have to do back flips to get people to stay longer than two seconds. I don't want to be frustrated, I just want to do the best I can do and have fun. I learned fast that this wasn't going to be easy and it will have to require me to work hard, and I'm up for the challenge! And thank you so much :)

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleLei
I am frustrated that no one comes in, I feel like I have to do back flips to get people to stay longer than two seconds.

I actually saw you online earlier and your feed was so bad I couldnt stay to watch it which was a shame because you seem very nice. The picture quality was really grainy and also all your movement was jerky and stuttery.

I'd suggest you really need to get a decent cam before you cam again as it doesnt matter how amazing you are if no one can bare to watch because the picture is so bad.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Katherine
I stopped by your room and said "hi", and I like to give people honest feedback.

There wasn't much happening in your room, and when I said, "Hello", you said hi back maybe 2-3 minutes later. After than I asked, "How are you?", again there was a considerable pause before getting a response. I said something else, and didn't get any response at all, but maybe a minute later you started singing something, which kind of gave the impression of not caring if I was there or not. You seem like a very nice person, and the tone of your voice was friendly. However overall, the room felt a bit sleepy.

I'm sure you are a very nice model, and this doesn't mean I would never come back and visit or even tip. But it's not a room that I think most people would stick around in too long if you don't make a few adjustments. I would make some suggestions, but I don't like to tell anybody what to do.

Now I'm only saying this as an attempt to be helpful, so please don't take it personally, and I really wish you much success with your camming.

.Good Luck.jpg

I remember you and I was trying to get your attention at one point. I usually try to get people to talk in my chat other than pm, because I don't see them all and it's distracting from I can only say thank you and I appeciate the feedback. But I wouldn't call my room sleepy. What would you suggest that I do to make it less sleepy?

I remember you and I was trying to get your attention at one point. I usually try to get people to talk in my chat other than pm, because I don't see them all and it's distracting from I can only say thank you and I appeciate the feedback. But I wouldn't call my room sleepy. What would you suggest that I do to make it less sleepy?

Katherine,

Here are just a few suggestions I would like to make, and please just take them as you will because I'm not trying to bring anybody outside their comfort zone...

- First, if you tried to get my attention at some point, it wasn't clear or obvious. It seemed like you were focused on other things around you, rather than your cam. I'm not saying this is always the case, but sometimes it's good to make good eye contact with your cam.

- I enjoyed your music, but it wasn't very upbeat. I understand everybody has their own taste, but since the music was very slow, it kind of affected the atmosphere of the room, and with little being said, I eventually lost interest.

- When you're engaging someone for the first time, it's not only good to speak to them, but type to them as well (in your main chat room), especially if your room is slow. I know there are occasions when I have my sound down for various reasons. When you do this, it helps confirm that someone is welcome in your room.

- Now allow me to share one of my favorite reasons to visit a room. Outfit choice! It's probably the number one thing that initially draws me to a room. Why? Because when I'm scanning through 1000+ room previews, it's very easy to miss something since I do it rather quickly. Now I'm not a huge fan of pink, but if a model has on a hot pink outfit, it is a good way to get me in her room or at least consider it. This is true because it stands out in the room previews, so I notice her and at least take a moment to make a decision. Also props help as well, and I'm not necessarily talking toys. I mean, if it doesn't bother you, put on some bright bunny ears or something. You may be surprised. That little added touch can make a huge difference in your room. But whether it's an outfit or a prop, I highly suggest having something that sticks out like a sore thumb in view of your cam, because people will take notice and it can also be a conversation starter.

- Don't limit members to engaging you, engage them as well. Ask them something about their taste in things. It doesn't have to be anything sexual. Simply asking someone what their hobbies are, or how long they've been on MFC. One thing I've learned throughout my life is that everybody has a story to tell. Who knows, you may even have a common interest and draw them in as a regular.

I could actually go on and on with suggestions, but I will leave it as I have it for now. Just remember to try to think outside of the box a little, because you're competing for tokens with thousands of other models. Being different or innovative will take you a long way. Good luck.

You're advice is very constructive and helpful, thank you for taking the time out to write all that. However, I feel like your impression is not valid just because I do know you didn't stay long. Plus it's your opinion and everyone that comes in my room feels differently. I do engage with my viewers however, there are times,however not every second because I'm human and sometimes I get an important email or someone else is engaging me. No matter what the reason is though, I am what I am, and I know that it doesn't fit everyone's needs. I make it clear in my room that it's a open space to share your thoughts, if someone prefers an outfit or type of music, they can point that out. ive seen models even charge for that and for me I don't. I am there to please and to cater to my viewers, however to a point I appreciate to be tipped. I hope to see you come back, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

there is on quality that can attract me confidence. but in my time you were nice and smiles and has a cute out fit on... now to ponder drawing attention to you. .

You're advice is very constructive and helpful, thank you for taking the time out to write all that. However, I feel like your impression is not valid just because I do know you didn't stay long. Plus it's your opinion and everyone that comes in my room feels differently. I do engage with my viewers however, there are times,however not every second because I'm human and sometimes I get an important email or someone else is engaging me. No matter what the reason is though, I am what I am, and I know that it doesn't fit everyone's needs. I make it clear in my room that it's a open space to share your thoughts, if someone prefers an outfit or type of music, they can point that out. ive seen models even charge for that and for me I don't. I am there to please and to cater to my viewers, however to a point I appreciate to be tipped. I hope to see you come back, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Katherine,

To you my impression may not have been valid. Even if I was wrong, it was how you appeared to me. But there is a bright side to this, since we are able to discuss it and gain clarification as to how we both viewed it, it can be beneficial to us both. I have no doubt that you are a kind person and that it is your intent to run a respectable room. However, the thing that may be a problem is that even if someone's impression isn't valid, many members may not come back based on how they felt they experienced something. Also, my suggestions were just that...suggestions. I understand you are your own unique person, and I certainly respect the choices you make. I also don't have any problem with visiting your room again and even tipping. :)

Hey Everyone,
I just started webcam modelling on MFC last week and in that short amount of time, i've been running into frustrating situations, in where im not good enough or im doing it wrong... I started this because i thought it would be fun while at the same time to make some cash. Nothing too serious, but ever since I started last week. I'm doing everything wrong, I didn't know there could be a way to do it wrong. It should be your space to do with you as you please. I'm overwhelmed and i feel like no matter how much advice people have been given me, I still haven't been doing good, and i reflect that in my mood and confidence. I know that starting out is never easy, but its hard to even get more than 10 people in my room. I was curious if anyone had advice, dealing with the frustration of not doing good and still being confident.
Another frustration, is the pricing. I just want the men to make up the prices and I'll do what they want. Than dealing with pricing things. I did see other girls topics, but they have hundreds of viewers. My skype is 900 for 20 min and everyone seems to turn it down.
I understand how you feel! I charge 960 for 20 mins. Don't budge! They have to pay 60 tokens per minute in regular private and that would be 1200 so just explain that to them and incourage them that your giving them a discount. Maybe that will help :)

Katherine,

Here are just a few suggestions I would like to make, and please just take them as you will because I'm not trying to bring anybody outside their comfort zone...

- First, if you tried to get my attention at some point, it wasn't clear or obvious. It seemed like you were focused on other things around you, rather than your cam. I'm not saying this is always the case, but sometimes it's good to make good eye contact with your cam.

- I enjoyed your music, but it wasn't very upbeat. I understand everybody has their own taste, but since the music was very slow, it kind of affected the atmosphere of the room, and with little being said, I eventually lost interest.

- When you're engaging someone for the first time, it's not only good to speak to them, but type to them as well (in your main chat room), especially if your room is slow. I know there are occasions when I have my sound down for various reasons. When you do this, it helps confirm that someone is welcome in your room.

- Now allow me to share one of my favorite reasons to visit a room. Outfit choice! It's probably the number one thing that initially draws me to a room. Why? Because when I'm scanning through 1000+ room previews, it's very easy to miss something since I do it rather quickly. Now I'm not a huge fan of pink, but if a model has on a hot pink outfit, it is a good way to get me in her room or at least consider it. This is true because it stands out in the room previews, so I notice her and at least take a moment to make a decision. Also props help as well, and I'm not necessarily talking toys. I mean, if it doesn't bother you, put on some bright bunny ears or something. You may be surprised. That little added touch can make a huge difference in your room. But whether it's an outfit or a prop, I highly suggest having something that sticks out like a sore thumb in view of your cam, because people will take notice and it can also be a conversation starter.

- Don't limit members to engaging you, engage them as well. Ask them something about their taste in things. It doesn't have to be anything sexual. Simply asking someone what their hobbies are, or how long they've been on MFC. One thing I've learned throughout my life is that everybody has a story to tell. Who knows, you may even have a common interest and draw them in as a regular.

I could actually go on and on with suggestions, but I will leave it as I have it for now. Just remember to try to think outside of the box a little, because you're competing for tokens with thousands of other models. Being different or innovative will take you a long way. Good luck.
I have to disagree with the advice of not only saying hello but typing it too. I would say that is up to the member to say they have no sound. Secondly pming a new model to try and get to know her is a big no no. In my opinion the op has done the right thing by trying to keep the chat in her main room rather than pm. As for engaging members by all means say hi guys but not don't say names that can drive guys away. If they want to chat they will and when they do you can start a convo. Op you don't need bunny ears to draw in regs, by all means wear them if it's something you like to do if not then don't. I do agree with at points making eye contact with your cam when answering but hey there is text on your screen and it can move pretty fast so it can be difficult to say the least.

I've not been in your room but the best advice I can give is trying not to over think things. Be yourself and be comfortable. Make a price list for flashes etc. And stick to it. Break your Skype into 10 min blocks (I charge 500 per 10 mins) this makes it look cheaper and a lot of guys don't want 20 min sessions. Get some vids done so you have stuff to sell all the time. And above all enjoy it. When you start to relax and stop stressing guys will notice and will stay in your room if the enjoy your atmosphere. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.