AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New girl here!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlyssaMichelle

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 14, 2017
United States
Twitter Username
@mixedbabyyy97
Streamate Username
mixedbabyyy
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000883183/Princess-Lissa/
Hey everyone! I recently posted over in the newbie who the f*$%# are you thread, but I wanted to formally introduce myself here as well! I recently just created my account on Chaturbate, and I can't wait to get started! I love that there's a forum for camgirls, that's awesome.

I just ordered my webcam and some lights from Amazon today, so hopefully they'll be here sometime next week. I'm going to wait until they get here before I verify myself on Chaturbate so I can have the new girl tag thing. I've been browsing through the threads on this forum a lot, and it all offers great advice! I'm going to be known as mixedbabyyy on Chaturbate, but I think I'll stick with my name on here since it's not really as private as watching me strip down on live camera, lol :cat:

I was wondering if anyone has any tips for brand new beginnners who have never cammed before. I'm going to make a great profile (as I am into graphic design) and post it here so I can get some feedback on it. But I'm curious on how to start. From what I've seen, a lot of models just sit there until they get some people coming in, then they do a countdown until the show starts? Is this a good way to do it? I would like to know some great strategies for pulling in tips if you can please leave some comments below! Also, is it best to create a twitter or a snapchat? I want to try and keep my Chaturbate as private as possible, meaning I will block people from my state from seeing those videos. One more question as well! Sorry if this is a lot! But can I edit my settings for the chat before I go live? And do mods automatically come into my room when I start broadcasting? Thank you!

sorry if it was a lot, I'm just really excited to get started and know the basics! :p

Hi,
I'm just a member so I can't give much advice. But, and I said this in a different thread, and even though someone disagreed with me let me say again that the "location blocking" is not a guaranteed thing at all. It might help but it is a false sense of security. For $6 a month or whatever I subscribe to a VPN with allows me to get an IP address in 75 different countries or whatever. This is how the blocking works but looking up the ip address. Since many guys might want to go through a VPN for additional privacy it's very possible someone from your state could be using that and then they would not be blocked by Chaturbate. It's also possible that someone could get an ip address showing from a different state.

Anyway - just be aware of that.

Good Luck!!!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hi,
I'm just a member so I can't give much advice. But, and I said this in a different thread, and even though someone disagreed with me let me say again that the "location blocking" is not a guaranteed thing at all. It might help but it is a false sense of security. For $6 a month or whatever I subscribe to a VPN with allows me to get an IP address in 75 different countries or whatever. This is how the blocking works but looking up the ip address. Since many guys might want to go through a VPN for additional privacy it's very possible someone from your state could be using that and then they would not be blocked by Chaturbate. It's also possible that someone could get an ip address showing from a different state.

Anyway - just be aware of that.

Good Luck!!!

Just an FYI regarding this specific advice: Using a VPN is a good idea if you're doing Skype sessions. Using a VPN is often a very dumb idea while using camsites. I know models and members alike who have had their accounts locked for using a VPN—it appears to the site that someone is fraudulently accessing your account. (An American reg of mine who came to Vegas this year for AEE had his MFC account locked for simply logging into MFC from his hotel.)

While I suppose nothing is foolproof, having your IP outed simply due to broadcasting on a camsite is not a thing that I've heard of happening in my 4 years camming. You're far more likely to be outed by someone who knows you in real life.

Just an FYI regarding this specific advice: Using a VPN is a good idea if you're doing Skype sessions. Using a VPN is often a very dumb idea while using camsites. I know models and members alike who have had their accounts locked for using a VPN—it appears to the site that someone is fraudulently accessing your account. (An American reg of mine who came to Vegas this year for AEE had his MFC account locked for simply logging into MFC from his hotel.)

While I suppose nothing is foolproof, having your IP outed simply due to broadcasting on a camsite is not a thing that I've heard of happening in my 4 years camming. You're far more likely to be outed by someone who knows you in real life.

Very valid points. I was just thinking of the overall security of the model that the region blocking is not foolproof. A while ago I would have been less concerned as for the member using a vpn there might be performance concerns and such but that's less of a factor these days.

Internet point about MFC. I was flagged one. Not for using a vpn but I was actually on a trip in Vegas and tried to buy tokens from my room and got rejected. They sent me an email asking about the change of up address and I said I was on a business trip. Never had a problem again with heavy traveling.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I've used a vpn for over a year and logged into mfc from mfing romania. Mfc could care less where you log in from, but the payment processor's definitely will. So always use the same setting when you go to purchase tokens and it shouldn't be a problem.

To OP: I will let the models answer your questions because I don't wanna step on their vagina.

• Wat?!
Reactions: LeiaSky and Gen
Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure if I will use a VPN though, maybe after I get the feel of how my chats seem to go.
As far as the other points, would you guys suggest getting a show started by just talking to the viewers and being flirty until they start tipping? I definitely want to use one of the tip mods so they can know how much to tip until i take something off and the show gets started. That seems to be a good strategy, right? Honestly I feel like I have some pretty good potential, I'm great at talking to strangers. And I'm still a bit lost on the mods.. :bear::bucktooth:

When you're age verified, start to broadcast at once and stay online, online, online (eight to ten hours per day). You are "new" on chaturbate for only seven week days and it starts with the second you are age verified. Put a nice line in your room topic ("hey, i'm new, come meet me" or something like that), make yourself familiar with apps and bots (tip goal, roll the dice for example). This is what you mean by "mods", right? Just look through some rooms, on top of every chat room there is something like "broadcaster hottestgirleveronanycamsite is running these apps:" followed by links, click them, mark as favorite what you like and want to use). You can set them up in your chat room unverified and i recommned to do that to have them ready at a mouse click and not setting them up during broadcast (exception being tip goal to change goals when one was reached).

No pms even though everyone will ask for them. Don't do private shows too early (and definitely no password shows), you need to get a room full of people in your first days to make followers. Who wants a private on your first day, will want one on your second or third day too. Moderators aka mods are not necessary, just like pms many people will ask for it. When the chat gets too full or too "wild", silence grey users (users with no tokens), it's in your chat settings (the wheel next to the pms).

Good luck

Reactions: Cherry Bomb
Status
Not open for further replies.