AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New girl with some questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2015
Twitter Username
@bryttaarda
Chaturbate Username
BryttaArda
Hey everyone!
I'm a new to camming, and by new a i mean really new like haven't even done my first broadcast yet. I created a profile on chaturbate so what are the general feels about chaturbate?? was that a good choice for a novice?? also how do you get over the first broadcast nervousness?? I've been seeing that a lot of women have wishlists via amaon on their profile. Is that safe security wise? wont the guy see your location using amazon?? another tips or words of support would be super super appreciated.

Hey everyone!
I'm a new to camming, and by new a i mean really new like haven't even done my first broadcast yet. I created a profile on chaturbate so what are the general feels about chaturbate?? was that a good choice for a novice?? also how do you get over the first broadcast nervousness?? I've been seeing that a lot of women have wishlists via amaon on their profile. Is that safe security wise? wont the guy see your location using amazon?? another tips or words of support would be super super appreciated.
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/amazon-deleting-wishlists-other-alternatives.22567/

Reactions: Gen
Hey everyone!

I suggest you take the time and look around here. Theres tons of info on CB, Amazon, and nerves if you just look for it.

I'll bite. Chaturbate is a pretty good site for newbies. It doesn't have a camscore, the userbase is pretty friendly, and it lets you get your feet wet in a low-pressure environment. The downsides are that tech/model support is TERRIBLE. Like, bang your face into the wall terrible. But many girls seem to do well without too much issue, so it may be a good fit.

As far as nerves go? We all get nerves. I've been at it for three years and still get them, especially if I've taken some time off. Other ladies who've been around longer get nervous sometimes too! It is just fine and a completely normal response. At the end of the day, no one ever died from a case of nerves, so you just gotta push through it. I also like to think of all the tokens just.. floating around out there. Waiting to be mine. TL,DR nerves are normal and you won't ever see what you are capable of until you hit "broadcast."

Amazon wishlists are sketch. Most girls take giftcards rather than using a wishlist conventionally. Like Teagan said, this forum is full of info.

• Helpful!
I'll bite. Chaturbate is a pretty good site for newbies. It doesn't have a camscore, the userbase is pretty friendly, and it lets you get your feet wet in a low-pressure environment. The downsides are that tech/model support is TERRIBLE. Like, bang your face into the wall terrible. But many girls seem to do well without too much issue, so it may be a good fit.

As far as nerves go? We all get nerves. I've been at it for three years and still get them, especially if I've taken some time off. Other ladies who've been around longer get nervous sometimes too! It is just fine and a completely normal response. At the end of the day, no one ever died from a case of nerves, so you just gotta push through it. I also like to think of all the tokens just.. floating around out there. Waiting to be mine. TL,DR nerves are normal and you won't ever see what you are capable of until you hit "broadcast."

Amazon wishlists are sketch. Most girls take giftcards rather than using a wishlist conventionally. Like Teagan said, this forum is full of info.

Totally OFF topic but HOLY shit your new profile pic is GORGEOUS!!!!

Make a Twitter! Have a social media presence. I think CB is good for people just starting out, but be sure to stick with it lol. On my first account back when I was nineteen I had a pretty decent room size and was making a fair amount and then disappeared for half a year or so and my viewers went down to like thirty :/ But most were pretty understanding about me being new and not comfortable with hardcore nudity yet. Would definitely stick to there and maybe MFC and stray from ones like streamate until you're a little more comfortable with how camming works. As for tips on your actual broadcast, have something planned lol. I follow someone who does like neon shows and writes names on her body sometimes for tips and it's pretty fun to watch and gives you something to be excited about. After you actually hit the broadcast button and get into the flow of it, your nerves will probably lessen. Good luck!

Hehehe. It's normal to be nervous. :) don't worry about being perfect your first stream, you'll do fine.

Best way to get over it is to just DO IT!!! Really. You'll see it's not so bad. Log on, be yourself. :)

THIS! The more hours you spend on camera, the easier it will get. My first day on CB, I got so nervous I logged off and cried. I was so stressed out. But honestly, it's not that big of a deal and the sooner you stop worrying, the sooner you will have fun. People can sense when you are nervous, desperate, or scared.
Think of something YOU want to do on camera. Enjoy yourself. If you want to have a bubble bath, do that.

As for the amazon wishlist thing, if you live in a decently sized city, I wouldn't worry about people finding you. That being said, any model can tell you it's possible for a user to find your address. If you really want to use a wishlist, but don't want people finding out your address, then consider a PO box or forwarding service.

One thing to note, I have found CB's crowd to often be harsher than other sites. Don't let them cut you down. Understand that certain users just want to see camgirls hurt, and unless that is the type of show you are going for, don't let them. Remember you are in control. Always, always remember, the person in power is the one who needs the other less. Of course you want to be successful, make money, etc. But if you become the needy one you will be taken advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.