AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New interactive sex toy

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RebeccaT said:
https://www.frixion.me/

What do you all think of this?

Looks like for now this is more of an attempt to standardise the control protocols for existing/new interactive toys (and adding a 'social network' on top of that, because these days it seems every new tech product must be 'social'). It will be interesting to follow, but I would wait a bit before jumping in - most startups have an horrendous track record when it comes to security and privacy (unless that's the focus of their product and even then they might fail, see Whatsapp's and snapchat's histories for example) as they go for features first, polish maybe someday.

Reactions: RebeccaT
Stuff like this would be more likely to succeed if there was some teledildonics industry group that established a standard protocol. Right now it's all these folks trying to create the thing to end all things on their own. Fleshlight/LaunchPAD probably has a better chance of getting something like this done on their own than anyone else, simply because of name recognition. The current thing is for guys, since that's what they already make, but there's no reason they couldn't branch into dildos and expanding functionality and interactivity.

KittyWilde posted a bit a few years back about her experience with a cam site promoting another type of remote gizmo. I'm not sure that she is still involved.

Sevrin said:
Stuff like this would be more likely to succeed if there was some teledildonics industry group that established a standard protocol. Right now it's all these folks trying to create the thing to end all things on their own. Fleshlight/LaunchPAD probably has a better chance of getting something like this done on their own than anyone else, simply because of name recognition.

Dunno - the launchpad is just an accessory to hold together a fleshlight and a tablet; perhaps what you had in mind is what they call the 'Vstroker' , since it allows either local or remote control via a computer.

While having an industry group to do this might help, considering how no one has done it so far, it doesn't hurt to have someone coming out and doing this and trying to make it work with multiple devices like the Frixion.me people are doing (they claim to support "the F1, The Interactive Fleshlight, the Fleshlight Accelerometer, the Virtual Sex Stroker, and the Diltron sex machine"). If the framework they create is good enough, it might end up becoming the industry standard simply due to first-mover advantage (the QUIC/HTTP 2.0 situation comes to mind here as an example - the IETF wasn't doing anything to improve HTTP so Google then created QUIC and now the IETF is making HTTP 2.0 based very closely on QUIC).

And while we're talking interactive sex toys - this one looks interesting too (to me, mostly because of the fact that it is open source): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... urce-dildo

Reactions: Sevrin
Sevrin said:
KittyWilde posted a bit a few years back about her experience with a cam site promoting another type of remote gizmo. I'm not sure that she is still involved.

It was RealTouch and I'm not involved with the site anymore as it ultimately didn't fit my cam style. Great people, great product and great company, just not my thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.