AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New OnlyFans Referral Program Updates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Hey all,

I'm sure all OnlyFans creators got the email regarding the creator referral program update. I guess I'm a little confused about it. I'll post it here:

OF.png

I'm confused how this has changed from the previous referral program guidelines & if you feel this is a good thing. What was the previous referral program percentage? I actually haven't used the program too much as most subscribers are more comfortable just using the link with my username in it (they can find me easier)... but seeing these numbers definitely makes me want to. Have you taken part in the referral program? I'm still not sure how to solve sending my referral link and then them seamlessly being transferred to a page where they can find my OF. Has your OF grown substantially since COVID times? I'm personally loving it as a complement to my CB token income. Would love your thoughts.

:h:

The referral program is for other creators, not fans. You get money every time they get new fans if they sign up with your link.

What changed is it's no longer a lifetime program. It ends after a year or a certain amount now, which is shitty. :S

I made pretty decent money from it.

Correct me if i'm wrong but aren't they screwing people with that? I thought the old program was 5% lifetime revenue share

edit: oh i see someone just replied
Yeah, there are a lot of rage-tweets about it all over Twitter today.

Yeah, there are a lot of rage-tweets about it all over Twitter today.
Love a good bit of outrage on twitter... that’s where I’ll be all night see ya later 😉

But actually that is fucked up. “Hey guys we’re growing a ton and making lots of money because of a pandemic and because you all make great content so we changed the rules starting today and you’re gunna make less money because we want all the money and because we’d rather piss off a few creators than pay them what they deserve”

not really okay if you ask me.

Love a good bit of outrage on twitter... that’s where I’ll be all night see ya later 😉

But actually that is fucked up. “Hey guys we’re growing a ton and making lots of money because of a pandemic and because you all make great content so we changed the rules starting today and you’re gunna make less money because we want all the money and because we’d rather piss off a few creators than pay them what they deserve”

not really okay if you ask me.
I can see reason in doing it "going forward" but to retroactively change the previous agreement is definitely questionable.

Reactions: Mila_ and EspiKvlt
I can see reason in doing it "going forward" but to retroactively change the previous agreement is definitely questionable.
This is really my only issue. It’s shady shitty business to renege on an agreement, especially after one party already completed their end of the deal.
I love onlyfans a LOT but this is the first time I felt manyvids level of disappointment in their decision making.

I love onlyfans a LOT but this is the first time I felt manyvids level of disappointment in their decision making.
Yeah this is the first time I've been like "duuuuude."

It doesn't affect me really, I don't put any effort into referrals other than giving some basic starting advice, answering questions in twitter DM and retweeting their stuff. I only have a couple models that actually earn anything on there so not a huge deal for me.

BUT, I know others put in a lot more.

Status
Not open for further replies.