AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New PM System Released!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
So, the long-awaited PM System which allows you to see older PMs is finally here.
Not sure you can send offline messages though, I haven't seen a way BUT I do like the new look of the PMs. Unfortunately, I did not get a screenshot earlier when i was chatting with a model but it definitely does seem better.
Hopefully, someone can provide a screenshot for us (especially from a model perspective, with multiple people chatting in PM).

So far it works the same way for users, a model must PM you first if you are not a mod, fan club or supporter.
I just went into a model's room where I have spoken with her before in PM, and in the PM tab if I click it, I see the chat, but if I try to talk in the PM it says the error it usually would:
"You must be a supporter, fan club member, moderator, or have received a tip today from this user to send this private message."

I don't fully understand this part though. If SHE sends me a tip,I can then PM her first? Should that not be the other way around?

Not sure the point of "search users". If I search for PMs from other models, they don't show up for me. So this is useful for only big rooms?

newpm01.png
newpm02.png

Last edited:
I see that. Interesting that it already has some past PM history populated in the system. I don't see any way to do offline either. Probably a good thing.

Upvote 0
I can't edit again, too late
. I think the search users bit is meant for if you have lots of PM "tabs" there in the tab. I guess maybe only useful for the model?
This is all I can think of that makes sense.

@punker barbie any clarification on this and also the whole "tip to PM" bit? I think that should mean the user needs to tip the model to be able to PM her, but if so, how much? If I only tipped 1 token, do I have the ability to now PM the model (or is this based only if i have an ongoing PM with the model?).

Would be great for as much clarification as possible. Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
I wonder how it works if, for example, you have a PM session open sending messages, one person leaves, window is still open.

If the remaining person sends a message, does it send and preserve (since there does appear to be a history maintained)?

Or does it do as before and not let the message go through?

Not "offline" really but the former would be good in cases where someone gets dropped or whatever.

Helpful in any case on model and user sides. Good to be able to see what you've said to people in the past.

Upvote 0
I just tried in a models room, and when I open it I see the PM from yesterday.

Edit: Also from other users, and it also loads older PM's

Upvote 0
I just tried in a models room, and when I open it I see the PM from yesterday.

Edit: Also from other users, and it also loads older PM's
I checked with my alternate account, and it looks like it shows PM history at least 4 months back, and I know the last PMs done with the model from that account was before Christmas.

Upvote 0
I suggested PM retention to CB about 2 years ago and received a "we always want to improve the site" response! I'm happy to see they finally added, something.

@Brett M I am confused too! It makes me feel that CB wants to integrate a full PM purchasing system. Is something wrong with bots advertising, a user tipping, and the model manually sending the 1st PM? If it isn't broken....

Curious to see how this all plays out and rather upset that CB has once again released an update with 0 explanation!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PM retention is working rather well. However, this new update needs a date stamp (at the very least). Scrolling through months of PMs from my clients without a date to saparate the wall of text is making it incredibly frustrating to find specific things.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
FYI, looks like history is previous 1,000 messages . gifs.

I had a look at history with one friend that should have gone back ages and it cut out at that point.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Nor can you see it if either of the parties are offline. Looks like the new PM system is simply retaining the message history without any further user side changes.
From a member perspective, I kept the PM open after my friend finished her shift and went offline. I could then view the older messages (which keep loading as you scroll), which is when I discovered the 1,000 message limit. Yes, of course there is no way for a member to see the PM if the model is offline to start with.

I don't know if a model can see the PM history if the member is online, but in another room.

Upvote 0
Who knows, maybe this is Phase/Step 1 of 2 or something, and they are just getting this bit first, for the layout and the "basic", then they will add other stuff and improve it more soon in the future - or we can only hope they will anyway. It's a step in the right direction at least.

Upvote 0
I am wondering if it will be PM history limited to the room you are watching, or if I will see all PM with a specific viewers when we meet in other rooms

Upvote 0
I am wondering if it will be PM history limited to the room you are watching, or if I will see all PM with a specific viewers when we meet in other rooms

I would make the assumption it's the user history, so it doesn't matter which room/s you spoke in.

Upvote 0
The one thing I do not like is that you cannot close a name that you had PM with.
Yes CTRL-L still works to close the conversation and goes back to main chat, but you cannot click X anymore to clear the person from your PM list
The only alternative is to refresh your page.

Last edited:
Reactions: SillyFidget3
Upvote 0
Just a quick reply to me.

PM retention is not room-specific but works across different rooms.

You will not be able to carry on the convo in another unless one of you has the ability to initiate PMs in that room.

Upvote 0
Would be nice to add timestamps

Pinching this from another thread:

You can export your data, which includes an option to export your tokens history in a spreadsheet.
My Profile > Settings & Privacy > Security Center > Privacy Center > Export Your Data

In here tick/untick the box/es you want to export, - in this case Token History.

https://chaturbate.com/security/privacy/data_export/

It even shows tip notes you sent with the tip. The date, model name, time, amount, etc.

I did this and exporting your side of chat history is an option. Mine went back to when I opened my account in May 2020. Those messages are date and time stamped, so with some Excel wizardry (vlookup), you could copy chat from the new PM history and get an idea of date and time by putting both together.

Upvote 0
The one thing I do not like is that you cannot close a name that you had PM with.
Yes CTRL-L still works to close the conversation and goes back to main chat, but you cannot click X anymore to clear the person from your PM list
The only alternative is to refresh your page.

That's not great in a busy room. So all of your PMs with everyone (currently there or not) stay listed for the duration of that session?

How does it show when you have a new PM when you have multiple PM sessions active?

Say a model has PMs going with multiple people in the room. She gets several new PMs. Does it highlight the new ones in some way? Bump the latest to the top? Etc?

Upvote 0
That's not great in a busy room. So all of your PMs with everyone (currently there or not) stay listed for the duration of that session?

How does it show when you have a new PM when you have multiple PM sessions active?

Say a model has PMs going with multiple people in the room. She gets several new PMs. Does it highlight the new ones in some way? Bump the latest to the top? Etc?
from what I have seen it is the same as before. You are notified of any new messages the same way as before

Reactions: bbbbadddd
Upvote 0
Ok so CB released a Twitter update about this.
It seems we guessed right, this appears to be the "base" of the new update and more are coming - not sure if it means specifically for PM improvements or other ideas being added, but either way it sound good. Improvement is always good right?

Reactions: Billyboy
Upvote 0
FYI, looks like history is previous 1,000 messages . gifs.

I had a look at history with one friend that should have gone back ages and it cut out at that point.

I just tested this and copy pasted the messages into a notepad file. Yes, you're correct. Including the 2 lines of text from CB, I had 1,001 lines of messages, so that would be 999 messages history.
I guess for some this would be a huge amount and a long history in terms of many months of conversation for the average user and model, so I can see why it is limited, although I have models I have been chatting with since 2016, so this doesn't eve scratch the surface on some lol. But at least I can see recent discussions which is helpful.

Reactions: Billyboy
Upvote 0
For anyone who hasn't seen, you don't need to refresh to close tabs, when you hover a chat a bix X shows on the right, click this it closes it:

cbpmclose.png

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.