AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

new recording/pirate site or... ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2018
Hey all, pretty specific first post, but I wanted to make people aware of this if they weren't, and gain some awareness myself if anyone can offer insight. I'm a relatively new model on Chaturbate. I stay masked and most, but not all, of my revenue comes from privates; being recorded is still a concern, but these provisions were taken to minimize any potential issues from that inevitability, so it's not the worst thing.

I haven't seen anything of myself on rec-tube or any other major sites, however I recently found some screen caps on a site called mychaturcam "dot" com (I don't want to post an actual hyperlink that would drive it up thru Google analytics) that seems relatively new, but advertises itself as "members only" to access the videos, and only displays screencaps for non-members.

I can't seem to find any information on this forum, or any other site I'd expect to find any relevant info on. My first impression is that it's pretty new, and that it may be a scam. Does anyone have any insight into this site?

Yeah we are aware.

Does anyone know if they're just scamming with clickbait screencaps, or are these actual show recordings? It almost seems like they're just copying the Chaturbate thumbnails and baiting. If they are recordings, it sure seems like a massive undertaking - especially for something so new. Are they susceptible to takedowns?

I recently found some screen caps on a site called .....

I honestly didn't know about the site till you just told us about it.

CB doesn't give screen caps for true privates, but it does gives screen caps for privates. So unless your doing true privates every show, then yes there is a chance for scam sites can be ripping the screen caps, and faking having privates.

If your considering DCMA takedowns you really should checkout Sending DMCA requests. Some sites respond to DCMA, some don't.

I always wondered who actually pays these websites. I mean how do you trust a site like this.

Well, the trust thing is kind of what I'm getting at with the thoughts on it being a scam site. On that, I'm not talking about thumbnails for private; I'm talking about the self-updating thumbnails while one is in public, which also show up in Google images if you type in something like "[username] chaturbate].

It seems like they could just be taking thumbnails like that from each show arbitrarily and presenting it as a video preview to scam someone into giving payment info. If that is the case, fine, no well wishes for those people who would pay for our stolen material in the first place - let them get scammed, and we don't have to worry about actual video content being pirated on that scale.

On the other hand, it could be a more permanent source of archived thumbnails, which could still compromise a person's online security to an extent, especially when timestamped and such as it is on the site. The thumbnails that come up on Google do disappear after a while, these presumably don't.

Given that this seems like a new site I guess the only way to find out if any kind of takedown will work, paid or otherwise, would be to contact CMP or some other DMCA related service provider about it. I'll take the initiative to do that soon. If anyone else has already subscribed to CMP or something, I guarantee if you've broadcasted recently you're probably on this site with how dense it is, so I'm sure everyone would appreciate if one of you could see how CMP handles it!

CB doesn't give screen caps for true privates, but it does gives screen caps for privates.

What? There are no privates or true privates at cb and there are also no thumbnails for it (except possible temporary glitches). What you see on the cb page during the private is the thumb BEFORE the private show started.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I mean, good thinking not typing out the entire link, but even mentioning the actual name kinda seems like it's turned into an advertisement for them. Feels like a better topic for a model only section, just my opinion. ;)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I mean, good thinking not typing out the entire link, but even mentioning the actual name kinda seems like it's turned into an advertisement for them. Feels like a better topic for a model only section, just my opinion. ;)

That makes sense, wasn't aware of such sections. I have to be verified to access that presumably?

What? There are no privates or true privates at cb

Your right, it's just private. And you can enable or disabling spying on private.

and there are also no thumbnails for it (except possible temporary glitches). What you see on the cb page during the private is the thumb BEFORE the private show started.

Could have sworn I've seen those thumb nails change. But you would know better then me. Maybe it was a glitch or they jumped in and out of a private.

Status
Not open for further replies.