AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New tag/status on CB worth making a new account?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2020
Hey everyone! My hubs and I are new to camming and anxious to get things going.

So I made our account and got us both verified, however after our first couple of very short shows we had some things come up and havent performed since. Our new status is now gone and we only have around 60 followers...so I'm wondering, would it be worth it to start a whole new account to take advantage of the new status? Does it actually help gain followers on CB? I've tried searching this topic but found no concrete answers.

Some models make this their whole strategy creating a new account every couple of months to get some traction and riding that wave as long as they can until they fade to page 6 again... doing it as an M.O every couple of months is kinda pathetic imo because it makes a model look thirsty as hell, but it is a testament that the "new" tag boosts you quite a bit. So since you didn't get to use yours, you definitely want to get a new account and cam a lot during your first week.

Thanks for the replies :) we will most likely be making a new account here soon!
You May have just misspoke but you don’t need to make a new account here at the forum if you get a new CB account. Please don’t make duplicate accounts here.

Sorry, my wording wasnt the best lol I didnt mean we would be making a new account on here, just on CB :)
So many people mistake HERE (ACF, my forum) as CB or whatever cam site they're coming HERE to ask questions about. (I mean, there's a reason I had to put my avatar title as "I don't work for CB". lol)

My husband and I made a CB account about six months before we started camming, so we missed the #new tag benefits as well. After camming for two months, we're up to almost 5,000 followers though, so I'm not sure it's worth us trying to restart. I'd love to hear how it works out for you guys!

I don’t think it will work to make a new account and get a NEW tag anymore if you’ve already broadcasted. It happened to me about a year ago- I made a new account for several reasons and I got the NEW tag on the new account and was like wow, what a hack... I can do this again. I never did it again but recently I made a new account for my boyfriend and I. I broadcasted and didnt get a NEW tag (was really banking one, too, as I can’t imagine starting from scratch without that boost of help). I emailed chaturbate and their reply was:

“Thank you for your email. The “NEW” tag is only for broadcasters who are new to the website. Since there are existing accounts that you've broadcasted on, you do not qualify for the “NEW” tag.”

So my guess is that with COVID and The huge influx of newbies, they cracked down on the NEW tag as to not have half the site be new. If you’re on chaturbate, your new username wont get the NEW tag. We went back to broadcasting on my main solo page.

That being said, if at any point you want a new username for other reasons than getting the NEW tag, you can make it and chaturbate will transfer over your followers to the new account, you just have to email them to ask. I did it once and my followers were like “penny, is that you?”. But it’s a pretty helpful tool of theirs.

Actually it Seems like followertransfers might be a thing of the past. I've heard of a few models getting denied one and I've seen an email from support stating that instead of having to make a new account and getting your followers transferred to that one, you can now simply ask them to change your username.. Interesting development.

Now I say Seems, because CB support isn't very straigthforward and some have to live by different rules than others, so who knows. Maybe it depends on who is on the other line at that given point in time (?)

Same with the multiple new-week thing. People are still doing it but some are denied one. Very strange. I know of one model who does a newweek every other month it feels like.

Status
Not open for further replies.