AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to Camming - MFC profile question as well!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 22, 2019
Twitter Username
@Abbiminx
MFC Username
Abbiminx
hello!

I’m transitioning from another form of sex work and I’m doing every bit of research I can. I’m unbelievably excited to start broadcasting on MFC.

I’ve got the Logitech webcam (don’t remember the series but it was like an $80 price point), a big ring light, and am moving into my own apartment in a week.

I’m planning on dividing my bedroom in half, literally with tape and having a desk/vanity as well as small bed in the work area so I have room to change up the scenery. I’m a decorating fiend so I’ve been daydreaming about how to set it up.

On MFC, I’m playing around with customizing my profile. I saw one models profile and it was *stunning*. But not done with the basic customization tool I think? I can make a beautiful cover page on square space, a nice looking graphic with Canva, but I honestly can’t do anything html.

Any advice for how to make a customized profile where I can design it but don’t have to code it myself?

Thanks for reading and sorry for the sickening optimism lol

AFAIK, you must learn HTML and some CSS to do a totally customized profile (online auto-generators are not sufficient). You could also commission someone to do a profile for you, and if you have your own image blocks it'd be a lot cheaper. If you don't want to learn HTML/CSS you can go to a profile you like (of an active model), look for a name like "Designed by ABC123" and contact that person. Or, you can contact the model and ask how much for her to design your profile.

Upvote 0
I run a website called cammodelexpress that has a generator built for myfreecams profiles. It costs $20 a month and you can try it out in demo mode first when u register for a free account.

Aside from my lil plug, your options for an mfc profile are to learn yourself some html and css or to hire a profile designer. I would avoid using members who offer free profile help as you can get stuck with no ability to edit.

The most important thing about your profile is that it's clear and easy to read and navigate. If this is your first step into camming, honestly you will be initially ok using their "customize profile" options and creating some images in canva. To place those in your profile you put an html image tag into your about me section. This is very simple to do and won't require a big learning curve.

Upvote 0
Tysm, I’m glad I asked, this forum is awesome!

Yeah I think I’ll stick with the normal format until I see how much of a source of income I can make camming.

I’ll focus my efforts more on learning how to add those games and stuff to my broadcast when I do go live.

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0
Tysm, I’m glad I asked, this forum is awesome!

Yeah I think I’ll stick with the normal format until I see how much of a source of income I can make camming.

I’ll focus my efforts more on learning how to add those games and stuff to my broadcast when I do go live.

Thanks!!!
For games, tip menus and other stuff like that use the whiteboard it is fast and easy to use so you don't have to spend a lot of time on editing the profile.

Reactions: AllyVixen
Upvote 0
I run a website called cammodelexpress that has a generator built for myfreecams profiles. It costs $20 a month and you can try it out in demo mode first when u register for a free account.

So cool that to see the person behind the site! I've heard a lot of good things about it, and was actually just asking about it in another thread. I tried to teach myself the HTML and CSS but it's a very frustrating and time consuming thing for me. I've made adorable graphics and want to put them all together to make a clean and cute profile. If you don't mind answering for me, I'm going to attach an image of my mfc profile I designed in photoshop... it's a rough draft but general concept and design. Would you be able to tell me if the design is achievable with cammodelexpress? If so I will just have to finally break down and get it and have the profile of my dreams haha.

Thanks in advance by the way!

Attachments

• IMG_6071.jpg
    IMG_6071.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 24
Upvote 0
I think that if you just need to embed images, you may need to learn only one word in html language, forget css, and find out where to store the pics.
keyword is "img". Check this link in example on mozilla site

you can also test and play using scratch pad (edit pages and see them directly in live). Seeing directly the result is less frustrating

Reactions: Miawallacexxx
Upvote 0
I think that if you just need to embed images, you may need to learn only one word in html language, forget css, and find out where to store the pics.

So I figured that part out, that's the easy part. Haha. But when I just embed the images and slap them on the profile in about me, it looks diy and not clean or pretty. I don't like the look it gives at all.

I want the profile to be blank basically, with only my graphics I've made being visible on the profile. Like the photo I included above.

I will try scratch pad tho, and see if I have any luck! Thank you for that suggestion!

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
So I figured that part out, that's the easy part. Haha. But when I just embed the images and slap them on the profile in about me, it looks diy and not clean or pretty. I don't like the look it gives at all.

I want the profile to be blank basically, with only my graphics I've made being visible on the profile. Like the photo I included above.

I will try scratch pad tho, and see if I have any luck! Thank you for that suggestion!
To have only your design showing and not have the default mfc profile info showing you need to go through and set all their elements to "display:none;" or "visibility: hidden;" to hide it on the page

Reactions: Miawallacexxx
Upvote 0
To have only your design showing and not have the default mfc profile info showing you need to go through and set all their elements to "display:none;" or "visibility: hidden;" to hide it on the page

So update... I broke down and got cammodelexpress and honestly for someone like me who gets so frustrated trying to make codes from scratch and understand them without a template... best $20 I ever spent! Hahaha

Upvote 0
  • Hugs
Reactions: AlyciaGlam
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.