AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New To Chaturbate - Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2018
Hi there,

I am new to Chaturbate, actually I am new to web modelling also. I spent a good month researching and getting things ready such as purchasing my Lush, room all pretty, lighting check etc. I don't find that chaturbate support helps at all and got most of my answers from this blog. (thx!). I was hoping you experienced models can help...I know they say it takes time to build a following so I'm willing to put in the time but I'm feeling a bit stumped.

1st day I did my lush (new tag) so got 350 followers in 3 hours and made 125 dollars.
2nd: did lush again (as not sure what else to do) was a slow morning for meand logged out after 2 hours - 10 bucks
3rd: 20 bucks 3 hours (had about 100 ppl in room)
4th: $65 3 hours but most was made in first hour. 180 in room.

So I am at 850 followers now. I do goals, so as I don't normally get to them the most comes off is panties.

Questions: Is this terrible? (my show is what I feel on par with what the guys are tipping other models..I never check out the top models as I know that's too high of expectations.

I was thinking to make it more fun do the games, but I don't really understand them when I look through the bots. For roll the dice...do I roll the actual dice lol? And they put in a code the bot sends to see what they won?

Also this I am so curious about, I know the keyboard that is wireless is handy..but I never understood how the can see the damn chat to use it...if you girls are sitting further away..and type on the wireless keyboard..unless you have a massive screen how do you see it?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Sorry it's so long.

Apps are made so they do all the work. If you click on "launch" on the app you are taken to a second screen with everything you can customize about the app. "Roll the dice" for instance you specify the amount for each roll, the possible prizes and then whenever someone tips that amount the app will roll for them and display a random number from the list.

I don't know if what you made is good or not as I was not in your room at the time and each model has a different experience. In my opinion you shouldn't use the Lush or any other gimmick as a crutch, you should learn to cam without these things so you know what to do when. 850 followers for about a week's work is not bad at all though.

Thank you! With roll the dice I saw in the bot where to put what the prize is etc but silly question...do I roll the dice for the guys? Like an actual dice?

Thank you! With roll the dice I saw in the bot where to put what the prize is etc but silly question...do I roll the dice for the guys? Like an actual dice?
you don't need actual dice. when someone tips the amount for a dice roll the bot will automatically roll your "virtual dice" and put a notice in the chat showing what number was rolled and which prize the user won.

Thank you. I also blocked my province and a guy said hello (I have my country listed) from Kelowna which is my province of BC. Has this ever happened that you have heard of? My only hope is that he could be lying.

Can someone please explain to me tip notes. I get a tip note and with their request etc but I see models saying they don't take pm leave a tip note with their email address or whatever for something. Doesn't everyone in the room see tip notes?

Thank you,

Also this I am so curious about, I know the keyboard that is wireless is handy..but I never understood how the can see the damn chat to use it...if you girls are sitting further away..and type on the wireless keyboard..unless you have a massive screen how do you see it?

Hold down Ctrl and scroll up with your mouse wheel. It'll make the page bigger, and likewise the text.

Another option to enlarge the chat is to click the gear, and change your font size.
esstph.png

The max is 20pt, and that's pretty large so it could work for you depending on the distance.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Thanks so much guys! great help.

Also, I know it's the name of the game....but I was pretty devesated to see myself on https://webcamfucker.com where they take models from all the sites and charges ppl. Anything I can do? How do some models on Chaturbate have that lock up top or whatever showing do not copy?

Thanks,

What about watermarking your broadcast with your twitter etc? I see all these live feeds with watermarks promoting themselves and can't figure out how that works? I've ready ManyCam or something but how does it get to my Chaturbate feed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

What about watermarking your broadcast with your twitter etc? I see all these live feeds with watermarks promoting themselves and can't figure out how that works? I've ready ManyCam or something but how does it get to my Chaturbate feed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Before starting your broadcast, open your cam in ManyCam. Then, go to start your broadcast, and select ManyCam as your camera.

Its good promotion for the model, I lot of the content online is stolen unfortunately (not what we want) so in this case its making a positive out of a negative by watermarking your name there. Also some site like DCMA (*maybe) able take down some of your stolen material if you use there watermark

Reactions: SouthernRose
Thx Roughrider..If I add the watermark through ManyCam..does that mean it doesn't use my logitech HD camera when I login to chaturbate...as I choose my logitech camera when I broadcast each time...maybe a dumb question but If I choose manycam...does it still use my logitech camera ? It sounds silly even when I ask it but gotta ask.

Thank you Saffron! Would it not use my HD Logitech then if I choose ManyCam?

You use your logitech as the camera in ManyCam, then ManyCam is the camera for Chaturbate.

Thank you for posting this, I'm new to CB as well and looked up my name and found some of my stuff on a few sites too. As for how you did your first time, I think you did good!

Ah okay thanks Saffron, also in regards to privacy.. (Chaturbate never returns my emails)..if I have a blocked location, when they are browsing the main page they can see me but when they click on my link that is the only time they can't? So I guess they can see me and recognize me for example but can't view my room..

Thanks,

As of tipnotes.. it’s different for every site, on Chaturbate only the model sees them.

This is true by default but it should be pointed out that this is not always the case. Any app or bot on Chaturbate is capable of accessing and sharing tip notes with anyone in the room. Most of the apps and bots don't do this. But I have seen a few that do allow a broadcaster the option to share tip notes with moderators. In those few I've seen, though it completely disregards a member's privacy, there doesn't seem to be any malicious intent with regards to the broadcaster. The broadcaster has the option to share or not share in the app's settings.

That being said, it would be a simple task to insert a line of code allowing someone to read a broadcaster's tip notes without their knowledge. And in fact, I was about to write that they would need to be in the same room at the time the tip note was received but that's not true. If a person, REALLY wanted to be nosy, they could design it so that any tip notes received while the bot is running would be stored into a list that only they could access.

But I'm a "glass is half empty" kind of guy. More than likely people aren't designing bots with bad intentions. But I would personally avoid using any bot that uses obfuscated code. If you can't look at the source code and read it in plain english, how do you ever really know what it's doing?

I should also point out that apps and bots CANNOT access your private messages. Those are off limits.

Here is a link to the documentation: https://chaturbate.com/apps/docs/index.html

• Helpful!
Reactions: NotYou
if I have a blocked location, when they are browsing the main page they can see

NO, people that are region blocked can't see you on the main page either. But as other people mentioned before, region block is based on the IP address so if your Internet Service Provider is in another province/state, you're out of town for work, you use a VPN, etc. ... they can still see you. If you interact with other camgirls on Twitter, no region block there and obviously ... all of those sites that record your shows illegally do not have region block so ...

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Thank you for posting this, I'm new to CB as well and looked up my name and found some of my stuff on a few sites too. As for how you did your first time, I think you did good!

Thanks Savannah, do you have any tips as a fellow newbie that you found useful? It's amazing to me when I see the top models just raking in the coins, and I find it awkward, as a newbie I don't have the members constantly chatting to make it interesting...but don't want to just sit there looking bored or have a boring room either. I heard from another cam model that is seasoned that you have to become getting used to talking to yourself, lol I can totally see why.

Thanks Savannah, do you have any tips as a fellow newbie that you found useful? It's amazing to me when I see the top models just raking in the coins, and I find it awkward, as a newbie I don't have the members constantly chatting to make it interesting...but don't want to just sit there looking bored or have a boring room either. I heard from another cam model that is seasoned that you have to become getting used to talking to yourself, lol I can totally see why.

I know, I sit there watching like wow I want to rake in the coins like that. I've heard the same thing about talking to yourself! My friend, who is also a cam model, told me to be yourself and really show your personality and not look bored (I was sitting there looking bored and being quiet at first). Also, to smile and have fun. I struggled with the start of my shows and what to do at first... still do sometimes. Now, I like to start by saying hello and asking how others are doing as they come in, starting conversation. I think I am going to try talking to myself on there before anyone even comes in too, though. Oh, and don't give up if you get frustrated, take a break if you need to but get back on.

Me and fiance are looking to start as a couple on chaturbate but are UK based what's best option for us to get paid and not lose most of it to fees etc any help appreciated x

NO, people that are region blocked can't see you on the main page either. But as other people mentioned before, region block is based on the IP address so if your Internet Service Provider is in another province/state, you're out of town for work, you use a VPN, etc. ... they can still see you. If you interact with other camgirls on Twitter, no region block there and obviously ... all of those sites that record your shows illegally do not have region block so ...

Hi All, I just thought I'd update you on this as CB finally got back to me. Disapointing that this is the case where they can see the thumbnail as all someone has to do from my blocked region is google the username :(

"We apologize for the delay in our reply.

This is correct.

When someone is from a blocked region set by a broadcaster they will see the thumbnail of the account if they are online but when they try enter they will get the message “This account is not available in your region” or “You have been blocked from entering this room.”

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Have a wonderful day!"

Thank you,
Support

Yep.. No matter what you do, your username will always pull up at least your avatar on google.

Also, if you are watermarking your camfeed, I would advise trying not to change your model name. (Just because this kind of move is some serious SEO type stuff. Why even do this work, if you aren't trying to get people to see your name and google you. Then find your twitter feed maybe. Possibly leave you an offline tip. Buy a video, etc.)

I'm no one, but I'm on too many spammy cam-feed, stealing sites to even care at this point. I doubt anyone will ever see those! (Anyone that matters anyway.) And I feel sorry for anyone that might pay to see me sitting in free chat.

So true emahlee, I was stupid to tell someone about chaturbate thinking they could never see me cuz I blocked my state. But I guess that's my fault and if they want to Google me and make fun or whatever then so be it. Not much I can do about it, I stopped camming because of this but really want to get back to it as the extra money was great...but just feeling very hesitant.

• Hugs
Reactions: emahlee
Status
Not open for further replies.