AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to mfc

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2021
Twitter Username
@VikkiVelvet
MFC Username
Vikki_velvet
I am new to mfc or honestly cam in general. I have found that traffic is kinda slow, maybe I just had a bad night but I made a little money at first and then last night I made 6$. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or if I need to wait it out and see what happens. Any advice or encouragement.

I am new to mfc or honestly cam in general. I have found that traffic is kinda slow, maybe I just had a bad night but I made a little money at first and then last night I made 6$. I don’t know if I am doing something wrong or if I need to wait it out and see what happens. Any advice or encouragement.
I know this is a bit late now but on MFC, you have to make use of the new model status which lasts like 2 weeks. I also didnt realise this until it was already gone so it'd definitely possible to do without it but gives models a huge boost because it puts them at the top of the main page!

I'm not a super successful model but manage around 2500-3000 camscore and my advice is be talkative, smiley, engage with everyone even if they're not tipping... also move around, like, physically within view of the cam. Sounds stupid but I think that draws people in cos they see the preview of your show and wanna know what's going on lol. That said, I don't earn a huge amount either and would loveeee a more experienced/successful model to answer your thread too so I can learn more tips for how to get more popular on there!

Upvote 0
I know this is a bit late now but on MFC, you have to make use of the new model status which lasts like 2 weeks. I also didnt realise this until it was already gone so it'd definitely possible to do without it but gives models a huge boost because it puts them at the top of the main page!

I'm not a super successful model but manage around 2500-3000 camscore and my advice is be talkative, smiley, engage with everyone even if they're not tipping... also move around, like, physically within view of the cam. Sounds stupid but I think that draws people in cos they see the preview of your show and wanna know what's going on lol. That said, I don't earn a huge amount either and would loveeee a more experienced/successful model to answer your thread too so I can learn more tips for how to get more popular on there!
btw, I had a consistent camscore of about 1000-1200 for the short time I was on MFC, so you're doing a lot better than you think!

Upvote 0
btw, I had a consistent camscore of about 1000-1200 for the short time I was on MFC, so you're doing a lot better than you think!
Oh OK that does make me feel better! I think my issue is that I spend a lot of my free time watching the top girls to research ideas and that makes me feel like I'm doing bad in comparison to their room numbers and tip frequency!

Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
Upvote 0
Oh OK that does make me feel better! I think my issue is that I spend a lot of my free time watching the top girls to research ideas and that makes me feel like I'm doing bad in comparison to their room numbers and tip frequency!

The top models on MFC are making huge amounts of money, have super high camscores, a lot of regulars, and have been at it for a while. It's takes a while (and lots of patience) to get to that point. It's fine to watch their rooms in guest mode to get inspiration and ideas, but please don't let their rooms and token earnings be what you go by to determine "how well" you are doing.

Upvote 0
The top models on MFC are making huge amounts of money, have super high camscores, a lot of regulars, and have been at it for a while. It's takes a while (and lots of patience) to get to that point. It's fine to watch their rooms in guest mode to get inspiration and ideas, but please don't let their rooms and token earnings be what you go by to determine "how well" you are doing.
Yes, lol. I did the same thing where I watched top models and tried to copy/inspire my own ideas but honestly what brownfox (should I call you yummy? lol) says is true. Those girls have been doing this for years and just know what works for them, lol. But in time you can get there too. Everyone starts somewhere! You just have to be consistent.

Upvote 0
Yeah it's hard to watch top camscore girls on MFC and decide what will work for a newcomer.

For instance, I have a ~9000 camscore so I'm always on top few rows of default homepage. But I only cam a few hours per week, and have very dedicated regulars to make my token goals during those short shifts. I am not a good indicator of what works for someone new. I've put in many (12+) years to get where I am. I think any new girl watching me and taking notes on how I run my room might lead them astray.

Upvote 0
Yes, lol. I did the same thing where I watched top models and tried to copy/inspire my own ideas but honestly what brownfox (should I call you yummy? lol) says is true. Those girls have been doing this for years and just know what works for them, lol. But in time you can get there too. Everyone starts somewhere! You just have to be consistent.

This! BrownFox or Fox is good. :)

Reactions: Gaia_Mommy
Upvote 0
Ive been camming for almost 3 years and one thing ive noticed is that it's really just a handful of regulars that give me the bulk of my money. They are creatures of habit and get on around the same time and they spend hours there. They come for the community. So when you watch a top model, you'll notice that the members change their names to resemble the models and you'll notice they all seem to know each other in the chat. The model doesn't have to do much of anything, but show up. Not saying they arent exhausted putting on a show, but they already put in the work to build a following and just need to maintain it.

It's really about building a community.

I haven't been very consistent as a cam model and I think id be doing better if I had. There are still days I make a handful of dollars. But for the most part, I can gauge my income accurately and that to me is success. My advice to you is to work it consistently. Bring your best self, and have fun. I never took that advice because it never seemed to matter when I got on, I'd always make money. But when you are all over the place, people can't get attached. My true regulars are those who sign on to watch me specifically.

Consistent, persistent and you'll get ahead of the game.

Trying to take my own advice here lol

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Yeah it's hard to watch top camscore girls on MFC and decide what will work for a newcomer.

For instance, I have a ~9000 camscore so I'm always on top few rows of default homepage. But I only cam a few hours per week, and have very dedicated regulars to make my token goals during those short shifts. I am not a good indicator of what works for someone new. I've put in many (12+) years to get where I am. I think any new girl watching me and taking notes on how I run my room might lead them astray.
When you first started, did you work a dedicated cam schedule to build your following? And do you think it would be harder to build a following if you were new today because of the saturation of models or is it the same? I always wonder because almost all the top girls have been on for years and years.

I think you're an OG and your techie skills are awesome. Weren't you like the first girl to merge a video game with camming? Totes cool. Do you think tech skills are important? I always think it would give an edge, but I could be wrong.

Upvote 0
When you first started, did you work a dedicated cam schedule to build your following?
I am pretty sure that in my first 6 months or so, I took only a couple days off. I was just always on, for many hours at a time, pretty much daily. Eventually I started trying to take at least 1 day off a week, but was still running long shifts in which I would have multiple countdowns and multiple group shows. I definitely was on enough to get a dedicated group of people in a couple different time slots. I did this for around 4 years before I slowed down a little bit and took actual weekends and eased up on the push for Miss MFC Ranks.

would be harder to build a following if you were new today because of the saturation of models or is it the same?
I think the saturation now would make it harder to start off as strong. The whole climate of camming was extremely different then.

Weren't you like the first girl to merge a video game with camming?
I was the first model to do VR gaming, and among the earliest models to play regular video games on an adult cam site.

Do you think tech skills are important?
I think models that have a good grasp on how to navigate a computer (both software and hardware), and the Internet as far as security and whatnot, are at a huge advantage. Or should I say, that should be the standard, and models who have a very small grasp on anything tech are at a huge disadvantage. If you were asking about the extra stuff like adding graphics to the screen, or integrating gaming while camming, etc... I'd say there are programs and tools more readily available now that make it easier for the majority to do so. But knowledge of hardware/software/Internet are still required to utilize those tools.

Totes cool.
And thanks for the props! :)

Upvote 0
Ive been camming for almost 3 years and one thing ive noticed is that it's really just a handful of regulars that give me the bulk of my money. They are creatures of habit and get on around the same time and they spend hours there. They come for the community. So when you watch a top model, you'll notice that the members change their names to resemble the models and you'll notice they all seem to know each other in the chat. The model doesn't have to do much of anything, but show up. Not saying they arent exhausted putting on a show, but they already put in the work to build a following and just need to maintain it.

I think this is a very important point. Be someone who people like. Be someone who other people want to just hang out with. If I find a model extremely sexually attractive but there is no conversation energy there, I will rarely stay more than a few weeks. The people who like you and become your regular audience will give you most of your regular, dependable income.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0

I haven't been very consistent as a cam model and I think id be doing better if I had. There are still days I make a handful of dollars. But for the most part, I can gauge my income accurately and that to me is success. My advice to you is to work it consistently. Bring your best self, and have fun. I never took that advice because it never seemed to matter when I got on, I'd always make money. But when you are all over the place, people can't get attached. My true regulars are those who sign on to watch me specifically.

Consistent, persistent and you'll get ahead of the game.

Trying to take my own advice here lol
That's the thing it's such a catch 22 isnt it, I'd love to spend all my time camming and make a regular schedule and be around when my regulars want... but it's such unpredictable income I don't wanna risk it! Whenever I have a bad cam session I'm always so grateful I at least worked my day job so didn't end the day on £0 haha. But Like everyone's saying I think it's just time and being as consistent as possible that'll help... and sticking with it and not giving up! thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.