AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

New to this...Any advice?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 25, 2017
Hey peeps!

So, as you can all tell I'm pretty much new to this. I was wondering if anyone would be able to answer some of the questions I have? (Multiple opinions are happily invited!)
I would like to get into camming, I've been doing a fair bit of on and off research of it. I had been looking at it when I was 17, but obviously I couldn't back then... I'm 19 now and would be interested in starting soon! I have a cam, and laptop, and all the other jazzy stuff, (if there is anything you think I'd need please suggest stuff down below!) and I was just which cam sites you started on? Which you would recommend now compared to when you started? and some of the positives and negatives you've encountered? I know there will be negatives. it isn't all butterflies and cupcakes!
And any information you'd think would be super useful as a newbie :inlove:

Thank you all for reading!!

// Rose :h:

I tried multiple sites when I first started. I would work one site for several hours, then I would try another one later. I started doing amazing on one site, so I switched all of my concetration there.

Its hard to suggest which site is the best, because everyone has different experiences. So try them all!

If you are up for it definitely try out some different sites like already suggested. When I started I was very limited on time so wanted to focus on one site starting off and had planned to switch if I couldn't make it there. Since I couldn't do that I read as much as I could here as well as viewed the models on each site I was interested in to get a good feel then made my decision. I'm on myfreecams and many don't think it's a good site for beginners but it was the only one that felt like a good fit for me and using my knowledge I gained here and some pure luck I managed to get a foot hold on that site and was able to stay.

But the best advice I can honestly give you is to read up here if you haven't been already. Get a nice cup of coffee or tea and maybe a notebook and read everything you can on here. There is so much to read in the public section and it's more than enough to get you started. Start with the stickied threads that cover everything from being prepared to leave your permanent mark on the internet to lighting and set up. Once you make it through all of that you can start using the search bar to look up subjects you are still curious about and if you can't find what you're looking for just ask and someone will try their best to help out.

Good luck :)

Thank you!! ^_^ just been busy over the past few days... So its my mission tonight to do this! (And somehow find out how to get this webcam working lol! Tech isn't my friend recently, had my laptop completely die on me yesterday when I was trying to get into it, and then I couldn't remember my email password lol)
Which site do you suggest I should first have a look at? :)

Thank you! You too (no idea at what stage...but good luck on it all anyway!!)

The top few sites talked about here are myfreecams, chaturbate and streammate There are others as well but I'm not as familiar with them. I can't say which site is best for you because I don't know you. Mfc and chaturbate are token sites and are much more social, you'll most likely do more in public chat. Streamate is a private based site. Each are a little different regarding payouts so you'll want to look into that as well. Of course this is simply a vague run down on just 3 sites. Definitely research each one and check them out before deciding. Camming is not as easy as many make it look. You'll have to constantly do research to keep up with the ever changing industry. I spend a lot of time reading up on the industry even if it doesn't directly apply to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.