AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie from Germany

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2020
Hi, I am definitely going to make an account on chaturbate but I am a little confused as for what's the best payment method on chaturbate since I live in germany and I literally couldn't find ANYTHING helpful on german forums.
Also if you have any more starter tips for me I would be beyond thankful:))

checks in mail, first check if banks in germany accept them, where i am they dont or it takes up to 45 days after u deposit it, international wires might have high fees, is u decide for e-wallets, id recomend paxum, with the mention withdraw the money from card as soon as u transfer on it. dont leave anything there.

Upvote 0
I have the same question, and how I understood you should pay Paxum 45$ initially and yearly to be able to transfer money... But for a new, male camboy that is a lot of resources. I think for me now it's better to take a risks and upgrade my webcam asap...

Idk if my bank accept "checks by mail", but I wouldn't use them anyway... I've never heard about them in my location, and if I google correctly it's a physical paper sent by a snail mail ? ... If yes, than for me, on the other continent in region with not that stable situation, it's definately no.

What about a CosmoPay?.. Does anyone use it?.. Fees don't seem to be that bad for me: https://www.cosmopayment.com/fees

Upvote 0
In theory, any paper can always be used to edit a check.
(You can edit your own hand written checks, it's just uncommon enough to take potentially time to be paid )
They may have all the emitter's account information written on it and be signed by the emitter.

If you have worries to get a card, just ask your bank about checks, it may be a problem only if it's an international transfer

Upvote 0
Paper checks sent to you by mail o_O ("Internationale (Verrechnungs-)schecks") are uncommon here in Germany (contrary to the U.S.). Really no one ever uses them here at all, and people will look at you like you're a time traveller from the past, or worse. A German bank will usually accept them, but charge you heavily for it, usually more than EUR 12 per check, and it can take many days to several weeks (!) for the money to show up on your bank account after you submit the check. And really, *paper*? So many things can go wrong with a letter. Not an option in my opinion.

Wire transfer (German: "Internationale Überweisung") has high fees, can take time, and your German bank will charge you for currency conversion on top. It works and is safe, but it's slow and expensive.

I still think e-wallets are the best option here. Just never use them as a bank, that is, don't keep your money in your Paxum account to avoid any risks like what is happening with ePayments right now. But you would't keep your life savings in your PayPal account either, would you?
Transferring your money from Paxum to your German credit card happens very fast and the fees are reasonable. And I guess when you're broke, it's nice that you can log on to Paxum right after a CB payout and transfer it to your credit card within seconds :).

Reactions: imTheSupremeOne
Upvote 0
I have the same question, and how I understood you should pay Paxum 45$ initially and yearly to be able to transfer money... But for a new, male camboy that is a lot of resources. I think for me now it's better to take a risks and upgrade my webcam asap...

[...]

I believe the $45 fee is for when you order a Paxum credit card from them? But you don't need that. A personal account is free, and you can transfer the money from your paxum account to any German credit card you probably already have. The fee for that is $6 plus 2,95% of what you transfer, I think, but you should check on their site.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.