AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie here! Just a few questions :)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gonegone1

Deactivated Account
Jan 29, 2017
Thanks to everyone who helps me in advance, I really appreciate it :h:
I just signed up for MYFREECAMS, and I want to get to camming soon. I've got my webcam set up, microphone, profile, all that good stuff. I'm really excited. However, before I start camming, i wanna make sure I know what I'm doing.

• I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up bots that can display premade messages. I can't seem to find them on the model/admins page. Are they things I can set up once I finally click the "broadcast yourself," button, or am I missing something? I haven't clicked "broadcast yourself" yet, because I don't want to suddenly be put in a chat before I'm ready.
  • Also, I see things about private rooms, and I'm wondering.. how many tokens should I make before I go into a private room? Are private rooms a one on one type of thing, or a multiple person type of thing? How long does one typically wait before going private, and how long does a private show typically last?
  • How many tokens should I shoot for in a night, bare minimum? I don't want to sell myself short, but I also don't want to expect too much.
  • Can people see how many tokens I have, or can only I see it? I feel like only the model can see it, but I'm not sure.
  • I see talk about skype calls. Should I.. do them? I don't wanna overwhelm myself, but if I'm not going to get any views or tips if I don't do Skype then I figure I should do it.. How do skype calls work? I give someone my info, give them a certain amount of time for a certain amount of tokens, and then badda bing badda boom?? And if I do a skype call, does that mean I'm going to skip out on the private show and do that instead?
Uhmm.. I think that's all the question I have for now, I figure I can learn as I go hopefully. Sorry for all the questions, and I'm sorry if they're stupid or obvious!! I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest. I tried to find answers to my questions in different forums, but I have such specific questions, and I figured it'd be easier to just make my own post.

ANYWAYS!! Wow, lots of questions. Thanks to anyone who can help!! :h: I'm really looking forward to camming, and getting in touch with other cam girls! thanks, guys :)

I would recommend going over the MFC wiki, especially the section about public/private/group shows, (http://wiki.myfreecams.com/wiki/Instructions_and_Features_for_Models) and making sure you thoroughly go through resources for models on this forum too (great stuff in there and worth spending the time to get familiar with it), like this great thread here. As for some of your more specific question here:

Bots: You can set up bots for auto-posting, running games in your room, etc. but they are not built into MFC itself. CharlesBot (https://charlesbot.com/) is a really popular bot for accomplishing this, however it is a paid subscription ($15 a month or something). It maybe takes a bit of work on your part as you need to use commands in your chat to get it executing in many cases. I made a few blunders with this when I was first starting out with CharlesBot. :playful:

I also just found out about an CharlesBot alternative via ACF (https://www.moros1138.com/myfreecams-assistant/) which is meant to be easier to use - "point and click" style - and doesn't require you to pay anything (although there is a donation feature on the website).

As a new model, you might want to hold off on bots as you get a feel for the site. Getting used to the model interface can be overwhelming in the beginning when everything is new and there is the added pressure of being live on camera as you figure things out. I don't feel bots are 100% necessary (I didn't use bots for my first couple years of camming and managed to do fine) but they can be really helpful.

Privates/Skype: How you choose to go about this will come down to personal preference. I think a lot of Skype requests come as members are hoping to pay you off-site and get a cheaper rate. 9/10, a random member asks me for Skype and they do not want to pay in tokens. Also more of the scammers I have encountered have wanted to do things via Skype so approach with caution.

In MFC privates, you are automatically being paid by the minute and there is no task involved with regards to collecting payment falling to you. You are in the private & the counter just starts. Starting with privates only might be a better idea until you get a feel for those types of shows & can determine whether you want to offer Skype and how you will go about it. The length of time any show will last is up to the member and can vary a lot.

If you intend to do public shows and take privates, it might be good to figure out a system. Taking a private when your public chat is fairly busy will kill your room count and members will likely leave while you are gone, so do keep that in mind when you are weighing your decisions.

Tokens: Nobody can see your token counts but you. The amount you earn can vary wildly from day to day. My method is to determine roughly how much I *need* to make to cover my expenses and start there. You will have both busy times and slow times. The number of tokens you earn per hour on MFC effects your placement on the site (via your camscore) so, sometimes it is wise to just log off and try again later if you find it is really slow.

Best of luck!

Bots: You can set up bots for auto-posting, running games in your room, etc. but they are not built into MFC itself. CharlesBot (https://charlesbot.com/) is a really popular bot for accomplishing this, however it is a paid subscription ($15 a month or something). It maybe takes a bit of work on your part as you need to use commands in your chat to get it executing in many cases. I made a few blunders with this when I was first starting out with CharlesBot. :playful:
MFC acquired CharlesBot so he is free to use for all MFC models now.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Avari Rain
MFC acquired CharlesBot so he is free to use for all MFC models now.

Oh man, I must have grabbed a CharlesBot subscription right before this happened. I thought I had only purchased one month but, when he didn't lose functionality, I just assumed I had unknowingly ended up on some kind of auto-renew. :playful: It all makes sense now! This is great new though!

Thanks to everyone who helps me in advance, I really appreciate it :h:
I just signed up for MYFREECAMS, and I want to get to camming soon. I've got my webcam set up, microphone, profile, all that good stuff. I'm really excited. However, before I start camming, i wanna make sure I know what I'm doing.

• I'm having trouble figuring out how to set up bots that can display premade messages. I can't seem to find them on the model/admins page. Are they things I can set up once I finally click the "broadcast yourself," button, or am I missing something? I haven't clicked "broadcast yourself" yet, because I don't want to suddenly be put in a chat before I'm ready.
  • Also, I see things about private rooms, and I'm wondering.. how many tokens should I make before I go into a private room? Are private rooms a one on one type of thing, or a multiple person type of thing? How long does one typically wait before going private, and how long does a private show typically last?
  • How many tokens should I shoot for in a night, bare minimum? I don't want to sell myself short, but I also don't want to expect too much.
  • Can people see how many tokens I have, or can only I see it? I feel like only the model can see it, but I'm not sure.
  • I see talk about skype calls. Should I.. do them? I don't wanna overwhelm myself, but if I'm not going to get any views or tips if I don't do Skype then I figure I should do it.. How do skype calls work? I give someone my info, give them a certain amount of time for a certain amount of tokens, and then badda bing badda boom?? And if I do a skype call, does that mean I'm going to skip out on the private show and do that instead?
Uhmm.. I think that's all the question I have for now, I figure I can learn as I go hopefully. Sorry for all the questions, and I'm sorry if they're stupid or obvious!! I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest. I tried to find answers to my questions in different forums, but I have such specific questions, and I figured it'd be easier to just make my own post.

ANYWAYS!! Wow, lots of questions. Thanks to anyone who can help!! :h: I'm really looking forward to camming, and getting in touch with other cam girls! thanks, guys :)
you are.. the most helpful. Thank you SO much. I figure I can try and get the hang of things a bit more the more I get on, so I'll give it a try and see waht happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.