AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newbie, looking for advice

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2016
Hey ladies, I'm just starting to really look into camming and there is SO MUCH info out there it's insane. I'm a BBW, 5'11 about 196lbs ( and those lbs could do with some toning :p ) I also have that "mom pooch" thing going on..where the bottom of my stomach sags a bit (or a lot, depending on opinion lol) I'm pretty comfortable with myself, so that's not really an issue but I do wonder if there is a market with decent earning potential for my type? Is it better to wear lingerie to cover up a bit or to just let all my fluffy goodness be out? What sites would you recommend for a total newbie who has no clue what she's doing? Any helpful hints would be really appreciated!

There's a market for every type :) Getting verified for Models Only is going to be your best bet for researching which site is your best bet to get started and figuring out your cam name/persona.
Models Only is available for active models, so the loads of posts in the public areas will have to suffice for now. There are so many threads already here, take a look around and I think many questions will be answered.

As far as a cam name, we have a veteran SweetDee here already, I do advise trying to pick a name that isn't already taken by a fellow cam girl.

Models Only is available for active models, so the loads of posts in the public areas will have to suffice for now. There are so many threads already here, take a look around and I think many questions will be answered.

As far as a cam name, we have a veteran SweetDee here already, I do advise trying to pick a name that isn't already taken by a fellow cam girl.
Thank you Amber for having a kind way to point that out (in regards to cam names). I was trying to and couldn't find the words.

Hey ladies, I'm just starting to really look into camming and there is SO MUCH info out there it's insane. I'm a BBW, 5'11 about 196lbs ( and those lbs could do with some toning :p ) I also have that "mom pooch" thing going on..where the bottom of my stomach sags a bit (or a lot, depending on opinion lol) I'm pretty comfortable with myself, so that's not really an issue but I do wonder if there is a market with decent earning potential for my type? Is it better to wear lingerie to cover up a bit or to just let all my fluffy goodness be out? What sites would you recommend for a total newbie who has no clue what she's doing? Any helpful hints would be really appreciated!

The best thing to do is to get on the sites you're interested in working on, as a member, and see what other models with your body type are doing. Many, like Streamate and Cams.com, have a BBW section you can select on the menu, others, like MFC, will let you search for BBW and pull up any model who has that in her tags, room topic, or name. There are BBW-only sites, but they tend to have considerably less traffic than sites that have all model types. Check out a variety of ladies, what they're offering, how they're presenting themselves, etc, and figure out how you can develop your own image from there.

Reactions: Gen
Thanks ladies! As for the name, I haven't thought of one I'd use for cam purposes, Sweet Dee has been my nickname for years so it was an easy go-to when asked for a username for this site :)

Speaking as someone "on the other side of the cam" as it were, my only advice is this:

Set your limits and don't budge. Ever.
Don't be afraid to own who you are. People will try to put anyone down. Just own who you are and don't take shit from anyone. Ever.
It's your room. You are Goddess of that room. Never forget that.

Speaking as someone "on the other side of the cam" as it were, my only advice is this:

Set your limits and don't budge. Ever.
Don't be afraid to own who you are. People will try to put anyone down. Just own who you are and don't take shit from anyone. Ever.
It's your room. You are Goddess of that room. Never forget that.

Aw! That was too sweet! Thanks so much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.