AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Newer Model, trying to get over redistribution of my streams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaeBitch

Cam Model
Jun 11, 2021
Twitter Username
@FaeBitch_
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1004766999/FaeBitch/
Honestly I knew my content would be up forever... But I somewhat feel violated knowing people just posted content of me without me giving consent?

I feel like this is a stupid thing to be kind of hurt by, and it weirds me out that I'm hurt, because I've literally told everyone i know that I started cam modelling(Except my family, because of course I didn't)... So I'm a bit in this place where it kicked in that not every one is going to be respectful about content I create and publicize...

I just want to know, did it ever sting when you guys realized people were recording and redistributing your content? I can tell that this pain is a temporary one, but I'd love to know how you guys felt when this became a reality for you, and how you guys coped?

I'm not here to whine how this isn't what I signed up for, I just wanna know what did you guys do to work through the sting of finding out people were doing stuff with your imagery, without your consent?

It sucks and there isn't an easy way to deal with it. Some guys will tell you shit like "I'm doing it as a favor for you because it's free advertising" which is bullshit. They do it because they like to feel important amongst their equally shitty peers. But yeah, looking at it as free advertising is all you can do. They aren't going to stop. They aren't going to pull it down. Just make sure you have a watermark on all your content with your name, Twitter handle, or some other thing that leads to you. You can also try to shift your thinking about yourself like "damn, I'm so hot and my content is so damn good that people felt compelled to take the time to share with others." Neither thing is a solution because feeling like someone broke, and continues to break, your trust does hurt and you also feel less control. You can try to control things, such as banning people who you know shared things, but they'll just come back with a new name under a VPN and trying to continually hunt down those people to ban takes so much time and energy. I'm sorry you're going through these feelings and I wish there was some magical solution I could give you, but there isn't and all you can do is try to change your mindset, toughen up, and be a idgaf bad bitch.

What Brit said.
If they are sharing to gain kudos from their peers, see that as a compliment that you're considered so hot.
If they are sharing for financial gain, that's a greater (backhanded) compliment again.
Although of course this doesn't take away from their 'shithead' status.

• Hugs
Reactions: FaeBitch
It sucks and there isn't an easy way to deal with it. Some guys will tell you shit like "I'm doing it as a favor for you because it's free advertising" which is bullshit. They do it because they like to feel important amongst their equally shitty peers. But yeah, looking at it as free advertising is all you can do. They aren't going to stop. They aren't going to pull it down. Just make sure you have a watermark on all your content with your name, Twitter handle, or some other thing that leads to you. You can also try to shift your thinking about yourself like "damn, I'm so hot and my content is so damn good that people felt compelled to take the time to share with others." Neither thing is a solution because feeling like someone broke, and continues to break, your trust does hurt and you also feel less control. You can try to control things, such as banning people who you know shared things, but they'll just come back with a new name under a VPN and trying to continually hunt down those people to ban takes so much time and energy. I'm sorry you're going through these feelings and I wish there was some magical solution I could give you, but there isn't and all you can do is try to change your mindset, toughen up, and be a idgaf bad bitch.
That makes sense, it was really weird because when it happened it felt kind of like a stab in the gut, and I have no clue why. Like I feel like I shouldn't be hurt but I think its just, "Wow that was a disrespectful thing to do." I should legit just give myself permission to feel my feelings...

At the very least I think I'm coming to terms with it! I was to a degree like "if this is hurting me, should I not be camming?" but then I paused and was like... People will be shitty everywhere, but despite that I actually really care for a lot of the people who come into my chat, and enjoy the content I'm making :> It's kind of nice knowing that people could pirate my content for free if they felt like it, but some people would rather watch and tip me. Regardless, thank you Brit, I greatly appreciate your response.

What Brit said.
If they are sharing to gain kudos from their peers, see that as a compliment that you're considered so hot.
If they are sharing for financial gain, that's a greater (backhanded) compliment again.
Although of course this doesn't take away from their 'shithead' status.

Haha well thank you Rod! And tbh, you're right, you're definitely right, I appreciate it!! ^^

I feel like this is a stupid thing to be kind of hurt by, and it weirds me out that I'm hurt, because I've literally told everyone i know that I started cam modelling(Except my family, because of course I didn't)... So I'm a bit in this place where it kicked in that not every one is going to be respectful about content I create and publicize...
I just want to say that this definitely isn't a stupid thing to be hurt by. This is your content, and having it posted without your permission both crosses boundaries and takes away your ability to consent. It's violating, especially when that content involves nudity or other acts of vulnerability. You have every right to feel this way.

My approach is something along the lines of ignorance is bliss. I know my content must be out there without my permission, but I do everything I can to avoid finding out about it. I watermark everything and hope that anyone who is a good person and willing to pay will follow the watermark back to my sites and tip/purchase content, but I'm not going to stress myself out by trying to track it all down. The people who pay me don't care about being able to see my content for free, they care about supporting me and doing the right thing. You're not going to lose paying customers over stolen content, and anyone who is searching for stolen content was never going to pay in the first place.

I just want to say that this definitely isn't a stupid thing to be hurt by. This is your content, and having it posted without your permission both crosses boundaries and takes away your ability to consent. It's violating, especially when that content involves nudity or other acts of vulnerability. You have every right to feel this way.

My approach is something along the lines of ignorance is bliss. I know my content must be out there without my permission, but I do everything I can to avoid finding out about it. I watermark everything and hope that anyone who is a good person and willing to pay will follow the watermark back to my sites and tip/purchase content, but I'm not going to stress myself out by trying to track it all down. The people who pay me don't care about being able to see my content for free, they care about supporting me and doing the right thing. You're not going to lose paying customers over stolen content, and anyone who is searching for stolen content was never going to pay in the first place.
This put a little smile on my face, thank you... I really appreciate this comment.

Honestly this really sounds like a smart idea, I was a lot happier without paying attention to the fact you could find free content of me without my consent, I appreciate you and hope your day goes amazingly!

• Hugs
Reactions: veggiebabyy
IMO just make sure your streams have your name etc on them..
Ive seen a nice little app on some streams that rotates between their username, twitter, instagram etc accounts.

Then every stolen video is advertising for you.
If people find a copy and they dont know where to find more, then its not helping you much.

Ive seen a nice little app on some streams that rotates between their username, twitter, instagram etc accounts.
On myfreecams, you can set this up to auto post every x amount of seconds with charlesbot.

Reactions: InannahQoH
Status
Not open for further replies.