AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

No Response After Reporting Bot That Records Models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CamGirlPromotions

Banhammered
Mar 6, 2021
USA
livecamnaked.com
Twitter Username
@CamGirlHype
Chaturbate Username
YeaI69
On February 27, 2021 I emailed support about the bot that people use to record multiple models at once, even checks when they come online, if they go in a private it detects when they are out and rejoins to start recording again. I also suggested they analyze the traffic it sends so they can detect it's traffic footprint and block it site wide helping stop models from being recorded without their consent or knowledge. Going after a site owner who is responsible for the mass DMCA violations seems easier than chasing individual videos that models report if they know to report them. If sites are claiming to record from Chaturbate and they aren't allowed to, isn't that intellectual property theft? A lot of these sites are also cropping out the DMCA badges on the videos now. If you have what you need to begin implementing a solution to a big problem, wouldn't that be a priority?

[image removed - links to bot/pirate sites - member banned - Amber]

Last edited by a moderator:
i believe the actual the truth is they don't need that information... and/or it won't help them....

i haven't clicked your links or anything, and while that may actually be a way to record... it's probably more or less just a scam or easy way someone is profiting off people...

the real bots just snag the live stream using what's simply provided by chaturbate already... the only information they need is a little token (provided via chaturbate.com) an address (chaturbate (or CDN) URL to the stream) and they snag the very feed chaturbate sends to the built-in player they use on their website (or affiliate) to display to the end-user

so you (and most models/etc) want is for them to provide a way to prevent these recordings.... which they really can't and still be able to have a stream that people can watch...

here's my stance on this:
  • chaturbate is not losing any money by keeping everything exactly the same, sending out the token so end-users can watch the stream and their affiliates, sister sites, re-named skins, etc/etc can continue generating them revenue, just like they always have
  • chaturbate could spend money on expensive R&D, re-vamping their site and creating a proprietary (perhaps DRM-based or similar) format, including a front-end player, re-structured back-end, the whole works. What this means is now anyone who wishes to watch and participate on CB must install a 3rd-party closed-source piece of software bringing the capability of said technology to their browser, phone, or whatever other method(s) are used to consume the feed. Not only would this be a lengthy implementation process, and presumably they'd have some beta roll-out/initial testing phrase, which no doubt would supply a constant source of head-aches and stress whether you're basic viewer, seasoned model, or any role as CB staff. So imagine after 5-6 months of hard work, it's finally launched, big roll out, everyone is installing this proprietary pain in the butt.... and then within 24 hours it's already cracked and the bots can still receive the feed, rendering everything that happened useless.
  • i have to play devil's advocate and provide another perspective.... in a sense for CB/models alike... it's kind of a catch-22 quasi-endorsement..you're getting exposure, albeit indirect... and it sucks the people who made the bots are making money...but if that person is buying access to an illegally recorded video, would the cammer necessarily have made that money, anyways? on the flip side, all those stupid fake blog sites they advertise with now have your very real and very legit model name out there, and it's generating hits, and therefore has a positive effect on your legitimate stuff! --- food for thought :|
i feel your frustration, i really do... so don't let this come across or act as a deterrent from doing what you feel is right, i've been there done that... and would again.
(don't get me started on my fiasco with dealing recently with a cam site and having proof stolen feed was being broadcast simultaneously and multiple times,, and for 5-6 days... and the fake streams were getting tips... i had given them a golden goose egg of proof but they didn't take it down for that long.)

yeah :/

that's the gist of how it works, anyways, with some facts around the current technology and bits of my opinion embedded within....

oh and please be careful downloading and running random software, that's never a good idea :| (sorry but not sorry, but the internet scary place :|)

-l

Upvote 0
i believe the actual the truth is they don't need that information... and/or it won't help them....

i haven't clicked your links or anything, and while that may actually be a way to record... it's probably more or less just a scam or easy way someone is profiting off people...

the real bots just snag the live stream using what's simply provided by chaturbate already... the only information they need is a little token (provided via chaturbate.com) an address (chaturbate (or CDN) URL to the stream) and they snag the very feed chaturbate sends to the built-in player they use on their website (or affiliate) to display to the end-user

so you (and most models/etc) want is for them to provide a way to prevent these recordings.... which they really can't and still be able to have a stream that people can watch...

here's my stance on this:
  • chaturbate is not losing any money by keeping everything exactly the same, sending out the token so end-users can watch the stream and their affiliates, sister sites, re-named skins, etc/etc can continue generating them revenue, just like they always have
  • chaturbate could spend money on expensive R&D, re-vamping their site and creating a proprietary (perhaps DRM-based or similar) format, including a front-end player, re-structured back-end, the whole works. What this means is now anyone who wishes to watch and participate on CB must install a 3rd-party closed-source piece of software bringing the capability of said technology to their browser, phone, or whatever other method(s) are used to consume the feed. Not only would this be a lengthy implementation process, and presumably they'd have some beta roll-out/initial testing phrase, which no doubt would supply a constant source of head-aches and stress whether you're basic viewer, seasoned model, or any role as CB staff. So imagine after 5-6 months of hard work, it's finally launched, big roll out, everyone is installing this proprietary pain in the butt.... and then within 24 hours it's already cracked and the bots can still receive the feed, rendering everything that happened useless.
  • i have to play devil's advocate and provide another perspective.... in a sense for CB/models alike... it's kind of a catch-22 quasi-endorsement..you're getting exposure, albeit indirect... and it sucks the people who made the bots are making money...but if that person is buying access to an illegally recorded video, would the cammer necessarily have made that money, anyways? on the flip side, all those stupid fake blog sites they advertise with now have your very real and very legit model name out there, and it's generating hits, and therefore has a positive effect on your legitimate stuff! --- food for thought :|
i feel your frustration, i really do... so don't let this come across or act as a deterrent from doing what you feel is right, i've been there done that... and would again.
(don't get me started on my fiasco with dealing recently with a cam site and having proof stolen feed was being broadcast simultaneously and multiple times,, and for 5-6 days... and the fake streams were getting tips... i had given them a golden goose egg of proof but they didn't take it down for that long.)

yeah :/

that's the gist of how it works, anyways, with some facts around the current technology and bits of my opinion embedded within....

oh and please be careful downloading and running random software, that's never a good idea :| (sorry but not sorry, but the internet scary place :|)

-l
When that program(bot because it's automated) connects to a site it has various types of information in those packets it sends over that scary internet such as IP destination and source, packet numbers, type of connection it's making, etc. When you analyze those packets you can detect anomalies/footprints(common references from similar traffic) then you can block those from you network. Kind of like a DDoS attack against a website, they can happen, you can defend against them and mitigate them by detecting the footprint or pattern in the traffic which defends your network against them. Otherwise, there would be no lines of defense against anything network wise and people would be taking sites off left and right. There is also network rules and rate limits you can set for IP address.

As for running the program, firstly if people are paying for it I doubt it's back-doored since it's code signed by the developer and the only way to get one of those code signing certificates is you have to verify you identity or business identity. So finding out who it is isn't an issue as all their info is in the certificate attached to setup. Secondly, I wouldn't run on my main PC anyways, as I would run it in a VM. In the VM it's possible to do a lot of things security wise you can do, such as running the program to monitor the network traffic it sends using something such as wireshark. Then you can you can see what it sends, and requests so that you know what to block when you find the anomaly. Being a bot, it will have some.

You say it's a scam and the person is probably just profiting off people, but it works. How can you say that's all it "probably does" when models being recorded and content being stolen is what it "really does". You make it sound like this is some huge expensive process to stop when it's just a network rule they need to add in cloudflare (well they could make a couple) since it's what they use for a CDN so it filters traffic for them based on their rules they create in the firewall. Here's a link to the page on cloudflare where it's shown it's done. Anyone can search YouTube for that video, you can see anyone can be recorded just because you made it to someones list and multiple ones simultaneously. So analyzing a program they can get for free from the link I showed, learning it's footprint by analysis (pay employee in charge of cyber security), and adding a rule in their settings on a service they already use is expensive?

As for if someone would buy an illegally recorded video would the model lose money, well if there isn't any other place to see the model nude or doing what they want there's only one place they could spend their money.... In the models room or content pages THEY get the money for.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure you mean well. But keep in mind that you did post a screenshot with the names of a bunch of websites showing models' capped vids. Probably should've blurred all those out before posting the screenshot. Lots of people lurking this forum (368 guests right now).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure you mean well. But keep in mind that you did post a screenshot with the names of a bunch of websites showing models' capped vids. Probably should've blurred all those out before posting the screenshot. Lots of people lurking this forum (368 guests right now).
Yeah I nearly deleted the whole thing as it almost seems that @CamGirlPromotions is advertising for those pirate/cap sites.... might still.

Upvote 0
preforward: i'm not trying to be a smart-ass, seriously... especially on here... now... i just wanted to provide the possible insight as to why it might seem like "cam site X doesn't care!"

so just so i am clear on your proposal... so you're thinking chaturbate should hire someone to study the traffic that's connecting to the live stream and... downloading the data from the live stream... and you're proposing that a ban be placed on these IPs? or just hosts who connect to multiple streams at the same time?

or are you just talking about the certain hosts that connect only when certain cammers are on? .. or maybe the ones that seem to be on all the time? or just the hosts that become stubborn and change IPs if they're having trouble connecting?

earlier when i mentioned i didn't look at the software, it's because i really don't care what it does. you do not need super special software to connect to the stream and grab it at the lowest possible level.... and that's all this software is doing, while seemingly filling it with fluff that drives home an important message - "this product is worth it!" - so much like any other "media player", this software is able to connect to the stream after grabbing the unique token that i also mentioned earlier... kind of like any one of us do.. well our browser handles all that stuff for us, but big difference with them is they don't need a screen or even a monitor.. just access to the CLI and storage.

i understand what you are saying, for sure, but... if the people controlling this network of servers, "botnet" they control in some form since for all we know, yes, it could be centrally based, but my doubts are high on that.. in my mind it's either a slew of cheap but legit VPS or, if they're "lucky" and/or dedicated to the cause.. they could have a random array of 1000s of compromised hosts across every type of network..aka "botnet". either scenario, if they aren't wise to the logic behind the bans you suggest they'll soon receive, then i guarantee they'll wisen up and it won't take them long to create a work-around and get a whole new slew of different machines up and running... it all boils down to how lucrative the business is, how smart they are, and how bad they want what they get from it.

i would also be of mind to believe that by doing all this studying and banning, there will be some inadvertent bans placed on legit users, too.

further more i seriously doubt the same people who are running the big sites are using this program, let alone supplying it... however.. now that i think about it... maybe they *are* selling it.... in an attempt to further obfuscate the data by adding 100s to 1000s of more random IPs to the mix, making it harder to pinpoint... that's actually kinda clever!

so.. could they ban IPs to stop this action, of course! so you spend the time and find them...and that would be a stretch but sure, it's possible, if the people running the bots aren't careful and cycling... then what.. block entire sub-nets? how far do you wanna go? VPS, VPNs... dime a dozen.. you start banning entire Class Cs? Bs?As? i guess blocking x.x.x.x will work. that's just IPv4... how about IPv6? ban all those too? technically i guess you could still chat and/or bate, everyone would just be staring at a blank screen.. (or jpegs, for real tho.. nothing wrong with a good ol' fashion jpeg! :))

the fact i was attempting to convey was that... it's basically connecting to the stream, just like any 1000s of users do every second... so you can't block the ports, or easily pinpoint what's going on... .because everyone's doing the SAME thing.... everyone is "downloading" the stream... and if you have the ability to blend in, which is not hard... then... heh.

-l

on another note - wasn't aware CB used CF, i had the question in mind to ask but you implied they are so i will take your word for it. my strong opinion = i don't believe it's such a magical catch-all tool, personally... it's just a service, albeit one with a huge backbone... but there are still ways around even that, as well as inherently *BAD* things about having a service that big to begin with... something something single point of failure.. . anyways, now i'm super curious as to the possible telemetry stemming from the program you linked...

Upvote 0
preforward: i'm not trying to be a smart-ass, seriously... especially on here... now... i just wanted to provide the possible insight as to why it might seem like "cam site X doesn't care!"

so just so i am clear on your proposal... so you're thinking chaturbate should hire someone to study the traffic that's connecting to the live stream and... downloading the data from the live stream... and you're proposing that a ban be placed on these IPs? or just hosts who connect to multiple streams at the same time?

or are you just talking about the certain hosts that connect only when certain cammers are on? .. or maybe the ones that seem to be on all the time? or just the hosts that become stubborn and change IPs if they're having trouble connecting?

earlier when i mentioned i didn't look at the software, it's because i really don't care what it does. you do not need super special software to connect to the stream and grab it at the lowest possible level.... and that's all this software is doing, while seemingly filling it with fluff that drives home an important message - "this product is worth it!" - so much like any other "media player", this software is able to connect to the stream after grabbing the unique token that i also mentioned earlier... kind of like any one of us do.. well our browser handles all that stuff for us, but big difference with them is they don't need a screen or even a monitor.. just access to the CLI and storage.

i understand what you are saying, for sure, but... if the people controlling this network of servers, "botnet" they control in some form since for all we know, yes, it could be centrally based, but my doubts are high on that.. in my mind it's either a slew of cheap but legit VPS or, if they're "lucky" and/or dedicated to the cause.. they could have a random array of 1000s of compromised hosts across every type of network..aka "botnet". either scenario, if they aren't wise to the logic behind the bans you suggest they'll soon receive, then i guarantee they'll wisen up and it won't take them long to create a work-around and get a whole new slew of different machines up and running... it all boils down to how lucrative the business is, how smart they are, and how bad they want what they get from it.

i would also be of mind to believe that by doing all this studying and banning, there will be some inadvertent bans placed on legit users, too.

further more i seriously doubt the same people who are running the big sites are using this program, let alone supplying it... however.. now that i think about it... maybe they *are* selling it.... in an attempt to further obfuscate the data by adding 100s to 1000s of more random IPs to the mix, making it harder to pinpoint... that's actually kinda clever!

so.. could they ban IPs to stop this action, of course! so you spend the time and find them...and that would be a stretch but sure, it's possible, if the people running the bots aren't careful and cycling... then what.. block entire sub-nets? how far do you wanna go? VPS, VPNs... dime a dozen.. you start banning entire Class Cs? Bs?As? i guess blocking x.x.x.x will work. that's just IPv4... how about IPv6? ban all those too? technically i guess you could still chat and/or bate, everyone would just be staring at a blank screen.. (or jpegs, for real tho.. nothing wrong with a good ol' fashion jpeg! :))

the fact i was attempting to convey was that... it's basically connecting to the stream, just like any 1000s of users do every second... so you can't block the ports, or easily pinpoint what's going on... .because everyone's doing the SAME thing.... everyone is "downloading" the stream... and if you have the ability to blend in, which is not hard... then... heh.

-l

on another note - wasn't aware CB used CF, i had the question in mind to ask but you implied they are so i will take your word for it. my strong opinion = i don't believe it's such a magical catch-all tool, personally... it's just a service, albeit one with a huge backbone... but there are still ways around even that, as well as inherently *BAD* things about having a service that big to begin with... something something single point of failure.. . anyways, now i'm super curious as to the possible telemetry stemming from the program you linked...
Well it's like any cyber threat, you evolve with them to help prevent them from working. Whenever someone makes a connection in a browser to a website there are things in the header of the request such as referrer, user-agent if a bot is making the request it's not hard to detect which ones they are because they will likely have a mismatch or errors in them. They will also have limited numbers of user-agents used which you can take those anomaly user-agents and run them against requests that were in x amount of rooms at the same time. This will help narrow the footprint to create less false positives. Trust me, helping models isn't my main job.

It's windows software, with a GUI, running it on a botnet would be a challenge for the speed they upload videos. I've watched models go into private and their video from right before be uploaded 2 minutes later more than 5 times in the past week.

I suggest learning about firewalls, IDS's and IPS's. This is what they are made for, according to your logic all IP's should be blacklisted because DDoS attacks, port scans, and web crawlers exists. So you are saying doing nothing is better than attempting to do something to help prevent it? They shouldn't have to hire anyone, their security team should be able to do it so paying their own employees to do a job to protect it's users is asking too much? Configuring firewalls, and ACL's (Access Control Lists) is basic stuff, think that was on my first cyber security certification exam I took years ago. Although I think there was 1 question about ACLs on one of my last 2 I've gotten since. Either way, it's basic stuff which is surprising how they don't try to block the spam bots since they all post the same thing pretty much, that's a real easy footprint to tag but they don't. Maybe they support the bots since they don't even try to block those to not lose traffic stats.

Question for models then, would you accept lower numbers from bots being blocked vs being recorded and your content being distributed?

Amber you can delete the photo since I can't edit the post to comply with the request.

Upvote 0
Question for models then, would you accept lower numbers from bots being blocked vs being recorded and your content being distributed?
i dont fucking care. its free advertisement and keeps the people out of my stream and bugging me who would have no intentions on paying for my content/streams. i have a chalkboard with my camname so if they really want to get authentic shows that aren't potato quality, they can google me.

i had a clip of me that went viral that was recorded by a bot like 5 years ago and im still raking in the benefits.

Upvote 0
*sigh*

i can see you're pretty stuck on this.. thing... and it's not completely clear to me what it is you think that *i* am even saying to you or otherwise have implied...

now far be it from me to be the one to walk away... but damn.. i'm oot!
dang-it.. almost.. but not yet.

i think maybe you're too focused on this Windows program as if it's the root cause and will fix the issue if people aren't able to use it, i don't know why it's so important to the cause. and you keep saying anomaly like we're investigating some foreign alien solar system or something.. it's a data connection downloading data...

Whenever someone makes a connection in a browser to a website there are things in the header of the request such as referrer, user-agent if a bot is making the request it's not hard to detect which ones they are because they will likely have a mismatch or errors in them.
the bot isn't going get in a hurry and type something wrong. the http referer <- heh - field has been around for so long and in fact... there are 1000s of possible combinations, but if you wanna be realistic.. .why not use the ultimately decided least able to be fingerprinted adoption of
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
are the going to ban every IP that has this string?

secondly.. are you suggesting that the main sites locked behind paywalls are ran off ONLY this windows program? which i have made huge indications to otherwise..i just really am curious at this point more than anything...

i understand the principal behind your logic, i may not have near as many courses as you, or any for that matter... wait a minute, BCIS, 1*th grade, late 90s.... yup.. got that one framed for sure... oh and i'm HTML 4.0 certified according to the official document mailed to me from Brainbench.com circa 1999, so i am smart as shit, as my documents clearly indicate, but that's beside the point...

humor me, :| if you're not looking at it this one-sided way.. - is it really *that* basic and *that* easy?

now far be it from me to be the one to walk away... but damn.. i'm oot! :lurking:

yes and no, btw. boop.

Upvote 0
that would certainly be an interesting plot-twist! now you got me thinking he's working both angles and shilling for Cloudflare too ;)
lol cloudflare need nobody to shill for them, but these shady shitty little pirate sites do!

Upvote 0
I have one I edited them out, but I can't edit the post.
Another good example of why you aren't necessarily someone experienced enough in our world to offer us help.

First: say you're a model but you aren't.
Then: post links (albeit images of link addresses) to shady bot/pirate sites) without realizing the impact on our community.
Also: recommend models use their real name in any DMCA requests...

Have any redeeming qualities you want to push forth?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*sigh*

i can see you're pretty stuck on this.. thing... and it's not completely clear to me what it is you think that *i* am even saying to you or otherwise have implied...

now far be it from me to be the one to walk away... but damn.. i'm oot! dang-it.. almost.. but not yet.

i think maybe you're too focused on this Windows program as if it's the root cause and will fix the issue if people aren't able to use it, i don't know why it's so important to the cause. and you keep saying anomaly like we're investigating some foreign alien solar system or something.. it's a data connection downloading data...

the bot isn't going get in a hurry and type something wrong. the http referer <- heh - field has been around for so long and in fact... there are 1000s of possible combinations, but if you wanna be realistic.. .why not use the ultimately decided least able to be fingerprinted adoption of
Code:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
are the going to ban every IP that has this string?

secondly.. are you suggesting that the main sites locked behind paywalls are ran off ONLY this windows program? which i have made huge indications to otherwise..i just really am curious at this point more than anything...

i understand the principal behind your logic, i may not have near as many courses as you, or any for that matter... wait a minute, BCIS, 1*th grade, late 90s.... yup.. got that one framed for sure... oh and i'm HTML 4.0 certified according to the official document mailed to me from Brainbench.com circa 1999, so i am smart as shit, as my documents clearly indicate, but that's beside the point...

humor me, :| if you're not looking at it this one-sided way.. - is it really *that* basic and *that* easy?

now far be it from me to be the one to walk away... but damn.. i'm oot! :lurking:

yes and no, btw. boop.
Well since you're that smart then you would have known this is nothing new. The fact you defend it and make the process seem difficult or impossible to non IT people raises flags. This isn't my first rodeo. I'm happy you learned a lot in 1999. I have over 10 years in CS. I can post proof all day this is common and basic stuff.

Paper Published about anomaly based IDS's from the year 2000 published on an .edu, maybe you missed that in your degree? (humored yet?)

Which is also why cloudflare uses anomaly detection, as shown below in the a link by cloudflare.

Other sites that use the same service (cloudflare) don't have a problem blocking bad traffic to protect it's community and users. As I stated before, doing something is better than doing nothing. I'm not here to argue with users, teach networking to anyone, or play who's e-penis is bigger. There's a lot of other posts in this section about support, but you care a lot about this one for some reason.

Upvote 0
Another good example of why you aren't necessarily someone experienced enough in our world to offer us help.

First: say you're a model but you aren't.
Then: post links (albeit images of link addresses) to shady bot/pirate sites) without realizing the impact on our community.
Also: recommend models use their real name in any DMCA requests...

Have any redeeming qualities you want to push forth?
I didn't suggest models use their real name in DMCA requests, I suggested they do that when reporting the illegally posted content to Google which isn't a DMCA request. It's request to take down illegally posted sexual content that doesn't get shared with hosting providers like a DMCA request does.

Upvote 0
Oh good god just looked at your Twitter account and no... can't justify having ya here.

Good luck in your work with making $$ of backs of hard working cam models. byeeeee.

Upvote 0
tenor.gif

I didn't suggest models use their real name in DMCA requests, I suggested they do that when reporting the illegally posted content to Google which isn't a DMCA request. It's request to take down illegally posted sexual content that doesn't get shared with hosting providers like a DMCA request does.

i know he banned, but i need to reply to this. you are dmcaing google and google then, in turn, gives out your private information to the site hosting if requested so they know who they need to respond to.

Upvote 0
Few things to realize:
  • Arguably, a lot of the clips that go and get shared/viewed to oblivion are not the ones that bots record-- they're the ones users record on their own. Pretty much all cammodels are aware that there are people / bots that record them. Hence, a lot of them go for the more explicit stuff in hidden/private shows, where bots don't reach. Bots clip things in full content without editing, meaning hours of pub shows. Between large file sizes and how most of the time public is just sitting/talking/waiting for tips, it's not exactly standard qualities of a 'viral porn video.'
  • Imo, the bots are the least of the worries when it comes to illegally distributing models' content. Like I said, those are public shows that bots rip. The direct money makers (e.g. ManyVids, OnlyFans, bio PPVs)-- those being distributed would hurt the model more than the public content. A person open to illegally distributed content is going to be less interested in buying a pricier vid or subscription if it's being open on the internet. If the vid is not available though, perhaps said person would be more motivated to buy the content to view it. This is opposed to a public vid which is going to be not as great as a live show, it's not up for sale (so a person couldn't buy it anyways), and is going to be always a little different day to day. Even if a person somehow gets a public show, they could still tip for a live show at some point. Like mentioned earlier, it's actual people trading/distributing the premium content, so those are the real trouble.
    • Sidenote: I've thought about this, but I wonder if there is a possible technology similar to exif data that could tag videos uniquely/'invisibly' per user. (I say invisibly so it's harder to take action against it vs something like a QR code watermark.) Like say "illegalDoge123" has a private on CB with a model. Maybe that private video gets tagged with some sort of 'exif' like metadata that refers back to the username. That way, if the model finds said video shared on the usual suspect websites, the model can scan the video, retrieve the data, and know that illegalDoge123 leaked the vid. Then he/she could either perma-ban the person, take legal action, whatever. I imagine that would scare people more from sharing models' vids, since that creates a sense of accountability. Let's be honest, how many people on the internet really take those DMCA LEGAL PRIVACY POLICY paragraphs at the bottom of CB Profiles seriously as things stand now?
  • CB is 100% aware of pretty much most, if not all the notorious illegal-distribution sites. I'm sure they've tried taking action (and are probably still taking action) to get these off. However, there are all sorts of loopholes/complications these sites go through to avoid being taken down. I could get into details, but for now, I'll just say that it's a legal uphill battle to remove the sources. Porn sites are also like a hydra-- take down one site, and two more take its place. Even IF we live in some magical reality where all google-able porn sites are taken down, you then have to deal with torrent sites. Good luck trying to take down Jack-Sparrows-favorite-illegal-bay-site-that-I-probably-can't-mention-here. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry of the world has tried so for years and failed lol
  • I feel like others have already brought up the points about it being sketchy software, how the bots aren't necessarily using that software, etc., so I'll just ditto.

Upvote 0
Sidenote: I've thought about this, but I wonder if there is a possible technology similar to exif data that could tag videos uniquely/'invisibly' per user. (I say invisibly so it's harder to take action against it vs something like a QR code watermark.)
Someone on here (i believe here, at least) made mention the other day something about an invisible water mark technology they were working on... ya, a new user... brown color "Letter" avatar, but that's all i got :p

also, apparently there are watermarks already that are only slightly visible and also move around constantly so you can't edit them out as easy...

i'm sure we will be seeing lots of new technology in the next year or two, with the state of the world the way it is and the influx in attention to this industry... we shall see:)

Upvote 0
Alot on Reddit are saying Chaturbate can do more to stop this, but they won't, because it costs.
this is a problem not exclusive to chaturbate. everysite has issues with bots and actual humans recording.

hell twitch has bots recording streams.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.