AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Non nude in public chat.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
I have just completed 2 weeks with Chaturbate and although I am getting tips I still aren't making much money. I know its early days but I am planning on being non nude in public chat and doing more just for privates which when they hear non nude seem to vanish. Plus nobody talks to you either with the exception with the odd one or two but there are a few are sitting quietly there so I presume they are doing other things. The tippers seem to pop in tip and then leave and so I have a room full of non tippers. Can anyone remember how much they earned in the beginning?. I seem to have made hardly anything, should this improve?.

• Hugs
Reactions: Billyboy
Everyone's start was different and what is a lot to one person, may not be to another. Camming is incredibly volatile. You can make your entire monthly house payment in a few hours or you can work for a month and barely scrape by. Some days, chat will be going crazy and it's hard to keep up with it all, other days, no one is chatting. After camming for awhile, there will be a kind of monthly "average" that you'll begin to expect. When things are going great, save (money and emotions) for when things will not be so great.

Regarding being non nude, it's completely fine if you want to be non nude. I was strictly non nude in public, ticket shows, vids, pics, and privates for like 6 months until I felt comfortable enough to show more skin. After nearly 2 years, I'm still non nude in public chat. Don't let people pressure you into doing things you aren't comfortable doing and don't feel that you have to show parts of yourself that you don't want in order to make more money. Don't compromise your boundaries or you will feel bad about yourself. Reevaluating your boundaries is fine, but just make sure it's something you want to do because you want it and not because of external pressures.

I think I just need to be more patient.

Camming is a marathon, not a sprint :) You got this!

Upvote 0
Everyone's start was different and what is a lot to one person, may not be to another. Camming is incredibly volatile. You can make your entire monthly house payment in a few hours or you can work for a month and barely scrape by. Some days, chat will be going crazy and it's hard to keep up with it all, other days, no one is chatting. After camming for awhile, there will be a kind of monthly "average" that you'll begin to expect. When things are going great, save (money and emotions) for when things will not be so great.

Regarding being non nude, it's completely fine if you want to be non nude. I was strictly non nude in public, ticket shows, vids, pics, and privates for like 6 months until I felt comfortable enough to show more skin. After nearly 2 years, I'm still non nude in public chat. Don't let people pressure you into doing things you aren't comfortable doing and don't feel that you have to show parts of yourself that you don't want in order to make more money. Don't compromise your boundaries or you will feel bad about yourself. Reevaluating your boundaries is fine, but just make sure it's something you want to do because you want it and not because of external pressures.

Camming is a marathon, not a sprint :) You got this!
Do you mind if I ask what you did in privates when you were non nude?. I had my worst night tonight and at one point only had 4 viewers. The last 2 nights I have had the really horny viewers that just keep nagging to show this and show that. I want to work at my own pace but feel I have ever do all or quit. Even the non nude models seem to be doing really well with 50+ viewers who just want to chat but I am not getting those type I am just getting the horny ones especially last night.

• Hugs
Reactions: Billyboy
Upvote 0
Do you mind if I ask what you did in privates when you were non nude?.

The same thing that I do now. The only difference now is that I show tits in varying degrees, though sometimes not at all. I love love love to tease so I usually do a lot of that. Typically, discussions about random topics. Mostly other fairly vanilla stuff. Usually I get off. It all depends on what the other person wants. My longest private was 2.5 hours long, which was like 1.5 hours of us drinking wine together and talking, 45 minutes of tease, and only 15 minutes of actual sex stuff. That's what he wanted. My shortest private was like 5 minutes long and all he wanted to do was just type out random stuff to me like I was his journal. A private doesn't always have to be just about sex, though they often are.

I had my worst night tonight and at one point only had 4 viewers. The last 2 nights I have had the really horny viewers that just keep nagging to show this and show that. I want to work at my own pace but feel I have ever do all or quit. Even the non nude models seem to be doing really well with 50+ viewers who just want to chat but I am not getting those type I am just getting the horny ones especially last night.

Weekends are always rough for me so I don't stream at all on weekends unless there's a specific reason for me to do so. The industry is very saturated right now so it's more difficult for new people to get their footing unless they did extremely well during their "new" tag time or if they have an entire studio backing them up. I've never tried MFC because the site intimidates me, but maybe you will have better luck there. I've read that it's easier to be non nude on MFC than CB.

It's okay if camming doesn't work out for you. Don't think of yourself as a failure or whatever if you feel like you need to quit. You branched out and tried something new. You hopefully learned some new things about yourself and grew as a person. Maybe you even made a little money while having fun. Camming and sex work in general is just like any other business in that not everything works for everybody.

Upvote 0
For what it's worth, my best experience is with a non-nude model.
I am so glad I gave her a chance one day.

The first time I saw this amazing woman I went into her room, I liked her and she was doing a little dance but I didn't hang around. I am unsure why exactly, but over the next few days, I would see her and kept being intrigued by her. I absolutely was attracted to her instantly, from the very first time I saw her but for some reason, I never stuck around... until eventually, I did - I can't remember if it was something specific she was wearing, it very well may have been (I know she has a few beautiful white outfits she would wear, so it's possibly one of those) - and I decided to actually chat to her this time too. After a short while of a few little questions and reading her room for what she does or doesn't do> I decided to take the plunge and go for a private with her (she does sensual striptease in a private show with topless). My god, WOW WOW and just WOW. I am usually someone who enjoys and wants full naked and more (I love a striptease/dance, etc too but not JUST this in a show - usually). Our first show was only 30 minutes but that time went so fast, and I mean in a fantastic way. We had more shows thereafter, ranging in time but regardless of how long they were (Literally, 30 minutes, 60 minutes, or even LONGER), they would absolutely fly by and they would always only feel like I was watching her for 5 minutes.

The past few times I took her she had not been online and broadcasting for a week or 2 so when she came back on, I took her for an hour each time and I can tell you, I had the best multiple orgasms I have ever had (virtually). They were that kind where even a day or 2 after you just still feel "wow" (I didn't fall in love or anything don't worry). Sadly, she has since stopped camming to move on to other opportunities.

My point is non-nude models can be fantastic. You need to find one or some thing/s you shine at and ENJOY (she genuinely LOVES to dance and striptease and to do it especially for guys who appreciate and love watching her do it). You could see even on days she only had a few people in her room and she was doing a dance in public to try to get people there that she was doing it because it was a passion and enjoyment for HER. The hardest part, as with her, is for guys to take that leap of faith and tip and/or take you privately to see just how incredible it really can be - I can say this from experience as I decided to take that leap and take this model to a show.

TL;DR:
I took the plunge (leap) with a non-nude model and took her to a private show and she became the best experience I have ever had virtually on camsites.

Upvote 0
The same thing that I do now. The only difference now is that I show tits in varying degrees, though sometimes not at all. I love love love to tease so I usually do a lot of that. Typically, discussions about random topics. Mostly other fairly vanilla stuff. Usually I get off. It all depends on what the other person wants. My longest private was 2.5 hours long, which was like 1.5 hours of us drinking wine together and talking, 45 minutes of tease, and only 15 minutes of actual sex stuff. That's what he wanted. My shortest private was like 5 minutes long and all he wanted to do was just type out random stuff to me like I was his journal. A private doesn't always have to be just about sex, though they often are.

Weekends are always rough for me so I don't stream at all on weekends unless there's a specific reason for me to do so. The industry is very saturated right now so it's more difficult for new people to get their footing unless they did extremely well during their "new" tag time or if they have an entire studio backing them up. I've never tried MFC because the site intimidates me, but maybe you will have better luck there. I've read that it's easier to be non nude on MFC than CB.

It's okay if camming doesn't work out for you. Don't think of yourself as a failure or whatever if you feel like you need to quit. You branched out and tried something new. You hopefully learned some new things about yourself and grew as a person. Maybe you even made a little money while having fun. Camming and sex work in general is just like any other business in that not everything works for everybody.
That's the thing in the beginning I was getting some that wanted to chat and tipped for that but now I am only getting the ones that want me to play with my clit etc. Some are even asking for things in the menu but when I direct them to the menu or mention it then they leave. I was looking at my tip journal last night and the ones who tipped at the beginning are there but not tipping now for some reason. The louder pushy ones seem to take over but how do I stop it. I have tried ignoring thdm but then nobody talks.

Upvote 0

I am wearing a mask at present which was going to be temporary but a lot of the guys liked it so for now I have kept it but wondering if that's the problem? I personally cant make up my mind about it.

Upvote 0
I have just been doing a bit of research and some of the models aren't really doing much just running their hands over their body but having nearly 100 viewers (they might be doing more in private or it could just be because it's a Sunday and theres not many on). They all seem to have the same problem with non tippers taking over the chat talking dirty and tippers sitting quietly in the background. I am making the mistake of chatting too much to non tippers. I will chat a bit then start ignoring them if they don't tip. They seem to be getting tipped for not doing much though whereby I only seem to get tipped if they choose something of the menu unless it's one tip. They do all seem to have the Lovenese lush connected though which is probably what they are tipping for so I think I need to invest in some sex toys.

Upvote 0
I am wearing a mask at present which was going to be temporary but a lot of the guys liked it so for now I have kept it but wondering if that's the problem? I personally cant make up my mind about it.

I'm going to be very honest with you. Being non nude and wearing a mask is going to severely limit your chances at doing well. Could you get lucky? Yes, absolutely. Are there people who are into that? Yes, there's a niche for everyone. But! you are trying to fit into 2 different obscure niches at the same time. Being non nude is tough. Wearing a mask is tough. Doing both at the same time...whooo girl, you're trying to climb a mountain without any gear. A person's face shows so much and is incredibly important for the vast majority of people, especially if no other assets are in view.

People do like things that are different, but that will only hold their attention for so long. I would personally get rid of the mask altogether, but if you're comfortable with it and your current people like it, then maybe make a mask removal goal or put a mask removal tease on your tip menu.

I have just been doing a bit of research and some of the models aren't really doing much just running their hands over their body but having nearly 100 viewers (they might be doing more in private or it could just be because it's a Sunday and theres not many on). They all seem to have the same problem with non tippers taking over the chat talking dirty and tippers sitting quietly in the background. I am making the mistake of chatting too much to non tippers. I will chat a bit then start ignoring them if they don't tip. They seem to be getting tipped for not doing much though whereby I only seem to get tipped if they choose something of the menu unless it's one tip. They do all seem to have the Lovenese lush connected though which is probably what they are tipping for so I think I need to invest in some sex toys.

I know it's addicting to watch other models, but do not get sucked into their shows and what they do vs what you do. Don't compare yourself to other people. Other people aren't your competition, you are your own competition. What they offer is something that you can never offer and what you offer is something they can never offer. They aren't you and you aren't them. "Research" often will make you feel like shit or inflate your ego. Don't do it because there is very rarely anything good that will come from it. Focus on you and what you can do to best entertain other people while also making you happy.

Greys and/or non tippers are people too and can always become tippers. Don't forget this. I have had many greys chat with me for months, hell, even a year, before they finally bought tokens just so they could tip me. One of my current best tippers started as an anon for like a month and then a grey for like another 2. Back when I had an OF, greys subbed to me on there. I've had greys buy my content on MV. I really don't get the "ignore all greys" mentality that some people have. Yes, of course, greys often write garbage shit, but not all of them do. Unless your room is insanely busy, I see zero reason to ignore a respectful grey or non tipper. Do note that I said "respectful". If someone is talking dirty in your chat, tell them to put it in a tip note and if they ignore you, then silence them. What you define as "dirty" is up to you.

Lush is absolutely a very powerful asset. Ask your people if they would be into it. Maybe someone would like to buy it for you. Maybe set a "buy me a lush" goal. Just keep in mind that the Lush isn't going to necessarily and magically make people want to visit your room and tip you. Who you are and what you do is most important.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this reply Brit and I agree with everything you say. As one of the viewers pointed out the reason the guys in my room are telling me to keep the mask and they like is because I am attracting men who like masks by wearing it and that's why they are entering my room. I am adding it to the tip menu plus the Lovense lush (I didn't think of asking them to buy it, that's good thinking). Personally I don't like the mask as its irritating, it falls down a lot and I cant see properly through it. I am getting quite a few findom fans too because of the mask.
I have silenced the greys but I will take that off for a while and see how I get on. I put it on initially as I was getting a lot of problems on my first night with them but I know how to deal with it now. There seems to be a group of men going around at the moment pushing the non nude models to do more so it's not just happening to me. I do like watching some of the girls and their interaction though so I have also become a fan of the site when I am not working it's like watching your workmates at work lol.
I think the reason I was doing better in the beginning was I was just having fun and not worrying how many people I have in my room I need to concentrate on the ones in my room more and not getting new in.
Thanks for all the advice I will go with it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.