AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Noob Help?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 26, 2020
california
Chaturbate Username
PrismaticLuna
I have a few questions if you dont mind answering.

when you first started doing cams, how long did you ussually broadcast for? How frequently and how long did you stay on some nights?

Is it normal to only strip for tips, instead of appearing nude on cam?

How long did it take for you to get paid you room goal if you had one?

I'm still trying to get a feel for when I should be on cam in order to talk to more people/ get more followers

when you first started doing cams, how long did you ussually broadcast for? How frequently and how long did you stay on some nights?

For basically my whole cam career, my streams have been 3-5 hours. Less than 3 if things are really not going well, but usually around 3 to reach my goal and then a little hanging out after! In the beginning on MFC, I did 2 hour streams for 2 or so weeks to maximize my new model tag.

Yes! I set countdowns to get naked before I do any shows or anything. I also have smaller tips for flashes, though :)

How long did it take for you to get paid you room goal if you had one?

I met some of my countdowns when I was a brand new model, but I don't always reach my goals even today. I probably only reach my cumshow goal 50-60% of the time, but I also don't mind that much if I just hang out naked and make a decent amount without truly meeting all my big goals.

Reactions: LovelyLunar
Personally, I prefer a model is not naked from the start. First of all, sexy clothing is often a lot more sexy than full naked. Also, being clothed adds to the mystery of what is hiding there. :p
I even often tip for flashes from models who I have seen nude a hundred times. It just adds to the sexyness; that you are privileged to get to see something that you normally don't see.
Full nude models, I often just skip. Clothed women, I might give a visit.

Personally, I prefer a model is not naked from the start. First of all, sexy clothing is often a lot more sexy than full naked. Also, being clothed adds to the mystery of what is hiding there. :p
I even often tip for flashes from models who I have seen nude a hundred times. It just adds to the sexyness; that you are privileged to get to see something that you normally don't see.
Full nude models, I often just skip. Clothed women, I might give a visit.

I agree with this so much. This is why I absolutely love a woman teasing (be it just casually doing it every now and again, or a full-on striptease, etc).
Leaving things to the imagination (regardless of if you have seen the model naked before) is just super hot and makes you go more wild - or it does me. And it's which makes me tip more, or take a model pvt because "I just can't resist anymore".

As also mentioned, there are so many amazing types/styles of clothing, lingerie etc that are just incredibly sexy. For me, just your average day to day clothing on a woman can be super hot. So, her teasing in that can be even better than teasing in "proper" sexy clothing (such as lingerie, negligee, etc)

I'm currently on hiatus from streaming, but here's my thoughts from when I did stream and how I will continue to do things when I return.

For the first couple of weeks of being new, I tried to stream every single day, even if for just an hour. It's so important to take advantage of that new tag. It was very exhausting because I also had a vanilla job so I slowly began to cut streaming days out of my week until I hit a sweet spot of 3 days. Some weeks I could stream more, other weeks less. I streamed for however long I felt up to it. I didn't necessarily have a set monetary goal when I streamed. Of course, there's a certain minimum that I mentally set, but I purposely kept that relatively low. Instead, I set a personal goal for how long I was going to stay on, which tended to be ~3 hours. Sometimes I would stay on longer, other times shorter - really dependent on the vibe in the room and how I felt. BUT streaming was not my sole source of income so do keep that in mind.

I think it's pretty typical for people to have a goal of some kind that they want/need to reach before removing clothing. A lot of times people will see a room where the model is fully naked and they assume that this is how they should immediately be. Those models often reached their goal so do not think that you need to be stripped down as soon as you logon. However, some people do start out completely naked. Some of these people have goals for a cum show, others for a tip activated toy, others appreciation tips, others for various other reasons. It's all about what you feel comfortable doing. Do what you enjoy and have fun with it.

Reactions: MarieElise
When I first started, I think I tried it for like an hour or two at a time. If I could start over, I'd cam for longer periods. But it was very over-stimulating and new, so I needed it in smaller doses. It also took my body a lot of time to adjust. I was often sore and achy and I even gave myself a uti taking too many privates one time lol. There's a learning curve, but you will figure out your limits.

I do a mix of starting clothed and starting naked. You do what you feel is best. You will find that all of this is usually trial and error. I have a huge collection of lingerie and I also do clothing hauls. For instance, I once bought 20 swimsuits and did a countdown to change into each one. I also have done it with dresses and shoes and lingerie.

That said, I often start naked, too. I find that I get lots more visitors and I spend less time talking and more time making tokens doing naughty things. If I start fully clothed, I'm relying on the small handful of guys who appreciate my personality to tip enough get me naked and only after that does my room pick up. So I start nude and I have a menu option to pick an outfit for those who like that sort of thing. It works for me. I tend to be very interactive and on the hornier side, though. I've seen some models sit and chat, and I'd rather get down and dirty lol. You just need to find your groove and your people. There's an audience for you no matter what, so do what you want to do and know there is no wrong way.

The time it takes to reach a countdown or goal will vary. It sometimes takes me an hour or two to get naked. If I start naked, I can reach a cum show goal in an hour or so. Sometimes I never reach it at all though. Depends on traffic and other things outside our control, too. Sometimes I get enough tokens for a goal but they are all ninja tips and don't count toward the countdown. So it all varies and I don't put much thought into it as long as I'm meeting my own financial goals.

Last, it doesn't matter when you get on. There's always people on. You will gain a following from the pool of people on at whatever time you decide to cam. If you get on at the same time, you'll meet the same people and will get regulars. So do what's best for you and your schedule. Play with it, explore times. I do a mix of days and nights and I am finally getting the hang of which regulars are on and when, so I know my sweet spots. It took like a year to get to that point though, so for now, just focus on getting on period. The rest will come.

Reactions: MarieElise
Status
Not open for further replies.