AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not being able to connect to SOME cams - troubleshooting, and what worked for you?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
This is happening a lot lately.
Literally one day a cam for a model is perfectly fine, absolutely no issues all day.
Then other times, that same model is having issues with SOME users but not others. For example:

Model A, I go into her room and the video says "Connecting" and I see an image of her on-screen (still, not moving) and it keeps "connecting" for about 1 minute.
Then it finally loads BUT the player is completely different (at the bottom visually) from the regular/default one. Now this "other player" has loaded, even though the sound is on and the model's stream is not muted, it has NO sound, BUT I can see her streaming fine. (No lag, nothing, it's perfectly fine other than having no sound)
If I click the "mute/unmute" icon once, it says "connecting" and does the exact same as above, and this continues.
If I refresh the page 10000 times, it does the exact same.
I have tried doing it in Chrome, Firefox,, Incognito Mode, as a guest and as a member.

I know it's not just happening to me as I see many people commenting in chat saying it isn't loading (for different models) and sound suddenly vanished.
I am just wondering if anyone knows what causes (or likely) this and how to fix it from the model's end, or is it a problem on CB's end or what?

Screenshot Examples of the video players. The top one is the regular default one that loads, the bottom one is the one that eventually loads but then sound is lost:

cbregularplayer.png

cbregularplayer2.png

Notice how on the second one it's a gradient type background that fades from black to transparent where as the original, top one it's a solid black background behind the icons and a lower opacity.
This is what happens always with this kind of problem.

I assume this is partly to do with them broadcasting to several sites and poor internet at their end? I've given up with many of those (usually East European/Russian from my experience)

I was wondering though, having read on here how the sites that use bots to automatically record sessions, could this have an affect too?

Upvote 0
Oh my god, I think this has been happening to me! As far as I know my video is fine, but people have been telling me that my audio disappears out of nowhere. It's been incredibly annoying, because once it's gone, I haven't been able to get it back, and I end up just logging off CB. I'll try using Edge tonight.

Upvote 0
As far as I know CB has been having some issues lately. Even some of my viewers were saying that they couldn't purchase or spend their tokens. Hopefully they will resolve their issues soon as it's been a while since the upgrade.

Upvote 1
This is happening a lot lately.
Literally one day a cam for a model is perfectly fine, absolutely no issues all day.
Then other times, that same model is having issues with SOME users but not others. For example:

Model A, I go into her room and the video says "Connecting" and I see an image of her on-screen (still, not moving) and it keeps "connecting" for about 1 minute.
Then it finally loads BUT the player is completely different (at the bottom visually) from the regular/default one. Now this "other player" has loaded, even though the sound is on and the model's stream is not muted, it has NO sound, BUT I can see her streaming fine. (No lag, nothing, it's perfectly fine other than having no sound)
If I click the "mute/unmute" icon once, it says "connecting" and does the exact same as above, and this continues.
If I refresh the page 10000 times, it does the exact same.
I have tried doing it in Chrome, Firefox,, Incognito Mode, as a guest and as a member.

I know it's not just happening to me as I see many people commenting in chat saying it isn't loading (for different models) and sound suddenly vanished.
I am just wondering if anyone knows what causes (or likely) this and how to fix it from the model's end, or is it a problem on CB's end or what?

Screenshot Examples of the video players. The top one is the regular default one that loads, the bottom one is the one that eventually loads but then sound is lost:

View attachment 87540

View attachment 87541

Notice how on the second one it's a gradient type background that fades from black to transparent where as the original, top one it's a solid black background behind the icons and a lower opacity.
This is what happens always with this kind of problem.

The most reliable method I have found is to have the model try other obs servers.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I've been using Microsoft Edge to cam on ManyVids Live from Laptop A, and everything's great. I've been having problems lately on Google Chrome using the OBS encoder (for MyFreeCams) on Laptop B. And both laptops are the exact same model. My cam video starts lagging or freezing up really badly, and the laptop starts operating slowly. Can't open up YouTube or anything without it taking forever to load. Maybe the i7 processor can't handle the OBS encoder? SMH. I remember when having an i7 was really good,. *Sigh*

As soon as I stop streaming from OBS and exit it, my laptop suddenly goes back to normal.

Reactions: GothHostess
Upvote 0
Chaturbate is fucked & has been for at least a month now. some people having issues with my stream, some not. People saying it’s freezing or bad connections, others saying it’s fine. Overall very low traffic count across the rooms, probably because their servers are so buggy now & they don’t seem to be doing anything to fix it. Which is crazy bc if we aren’t making as much, neither are they

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.