AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Not sure where to look for help re: cyber-bullying

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2020
The Moon. Or Maybe Pluto.
Twitter Username
@vivianwestmfc
MFC Username
vivianwest
So, I've had someone on MFC somehow find my real identity (Facebook, Instagram).
They kept making Instagrams with my old camming username and linking in the bio to my real-life social media handles so anyone on MyFreeCams that got my IG would know my real name. I've since deleted those handles as soon as I found out what was happening, and now they've started following all my real-life friends on Instagram to try and out me to them.

Sorry if that didn't come out too clear, my brains a bit jumbled and not feeling too amazing.

Is there anything I can do?! Can I go to the police? I was also receiving messages on Twitter saying "game over [insert my real name}"

I have no idea who this is and just a bit sad. Not sure if I'm asking this in the right place either, but would appreciate any insights anyone might have.

There's some threads on here about doing things like not using the same device such as your cell phone, tablet, or even same browser window on a computer when logged into both your personal and model accounts. Apps will query your contacts and send out "suggested" info. As to how to handle the account deletion and them claiming it, I don't know what to say other than I'm sorry and it sucks you're going through it. Hope you get it figured out soon!

Reactions: VivianWest
It can be crime. So it's incredibly stupid for people to do this. I meant hey can end up with a record.

Document everything, screen shots, dates and times, extra.
If they contact other people, ask them document, and send you a copy for your records.
Report the abuse to the platforms. And make sure to make it clear this is an ongoing case of abuse.
If the content their posting is from a cam site, usually you can request the cam site to do DMCA on the stolen content.

In the case of Instagram, there is a option to report an Impersonation. But they do ask for an ID, name, email. I don't know if any models know how safe this option is.

Reactions: VivianWest
Status
Not open for further replies.