AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS "Encoder Overloaded"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaCharlotte

Cam Model
Jul 13, 2019
Twitter Username
@avacharlotte13
MFC Username
avacharlottex
Chaturbate Username
avacharlottex
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002596770/AvaCharlotteX/
Hey! So lately when I've been using OBS to stream, Chaturbate gives me a message "your encoder may be overloaded" with unstable FPS etc. I googled it and it says I can fix this by reducing frame rate and resolution. I realllllyyy don't want to sacrifice my video quality though. Is there any other way? Also I currently use a macbook air to stream. I have a spare macbook pro, but it needs a new hard drive. If I replace the hard drive and use that instead could that possibly fix it, or would some other kind of new laptop in general fix it? If so I can start saving for one and am open to recommendations.

Hey! So lately when I've been using OBS to stream, Chaturbate gives me a message "your encoder may be overloaded" with unstable FPS etc. I googled it and it says I can fix this by reducing frame rate and resolution. I realllllyyy don't want to sacrifice my video quality though. Is there any other way? Also I currently use a macbook air to stream. I have a spare macbook pro, but it needs a new hard drive. If I replace the hard drive and use that instead could that possibly fix it, or would some other kind of new laptop in general fix it? If so I can start saving for one and am open to recommendations.
A macbook air may not be hunky enough to run OBS with the settings you've got your video set to. I have one too, but I probably wouldn't try streaming HD on OBS with it.

Upvote 0

What are the specs of your laptop, and also is it overheating?

Upvote 0
A macbook air may not be hunky enough to run OBS with the settings you've got your video set to. I have one too, but I probably wouldn't try streaming HD on OBS with it.

Do you think the macbook pro would work better if I just got it a new hard drive?

Upvote 0
Do you think the macbook pro would work better if I just got it a new hard drive?
My instinct tells me it would because it's a beefier machine than an air, but I'll let someone with better tech spec knowledge than I have answer that.

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
Upvote 0
Need to know your output settings and the encoder settings you've picked and the other options you have available for encoder. I've sent you a screenshot on twitter for reference.

Edit: I meant to mention it to you a few days ago but your mic volume is a little low for CB, you generally want to aim for loud enough to hear when the guests have it at 50% volume just so that they have a buffer to play with.

Upvote 0
Need to know your output settings and the encoder settings you've picked and the other options you have available for encoder. I've sent you a screenshot on twitter for reference.

Edit: I meant to mention it to you a few days ago but your mic volume is a little low for CB, you generally want to aim for loud enough to hear when the guests have it at 50% volume just so that they have a buffer to play with.

Thanks for that, I honestly don't know how to adjust the volume though a couple viewers mentioned it...I'm so bad with technology :sweating:

On OBS there is the "mixer" section but it says my volume is all the way up on that.

I have my bitrate set to 3000kbps, encoder just says "software(x264)"

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.18.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.18.40 PM.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.18.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 7.18.28 PM.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
These are the options that come up

View attachment 82299
I don't have a lot of experience with macs but you can try apple VT H264 hardware encoder, switch output mode back to simple, i assume the option is still there in simple?

I honestly don't know how to adjust the volume though a couple viewers mentioned it...I'm so bad with technology :sweating:

This is not really the proper way to do it but it works and its the easiest method:

for a more complete guide (but more complicated) on adjusting microphone output visit

Reactions: lina_diamond
Upvote 0
I don't have a lot of experience with macs but you can try apple VT H264 hardware encoder, switch output mode back to simple, i assume the option is still there in simple?

This is not really the proper way to do it but it works and its the easiest method:

for a more complete guide (but more complicated) on adjusting microphone output visit

I think I fixed the audio, I will have to ask if it's any better next time I'm on. I also was able to switch the encoder to what you said, hopefully it works but I'll have to see.

Upvote 0
To save on processing power it may help to swap your rate control over to CRF mode, you can do this by going into Output tab in setting, setting the mode to advanced, the encoder to x264 below swap the rate control from CBR to CRF. The CRF number value is where you can fine-tune, the lower the number the better the quality, aim for somewhere between 18-25, like try 20, if stream has any more issues try 22 and test again etc.

CRF2.PNG

Reactions: lina_diamond
Upvote 0
Do you get this all the time and on other cam sites?

I always get unstable fps and bitrate on weekends streaming on CB so I am confident the problems lies with them since I always have it stable at 30fps/8K bitrate otherwise and elsewhere.

If you only get this problem on certain days/hours try switching the chaturbate server you connect to.

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.