AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS for camming guide?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2020
Hi! Does anyone know of a good beginners guide to OBS that is specific to the camming business? I'm looking for instruction of first time setup and cam splitting, things like that. I saw a good wiki post for OBS setup on MFC. Do those same instructions apply to other sites?

THANKS!

Hi! Does anyone know of a good beginners guide to OBS that is specific to the camming business? I'm looking for instruction of first time setup and cam splitting, things like that. I saw a good wiki post for OBS setup on MFC. Do those same instructions apply to other sites?

THANKS!
Yes, other than the streamkey and server information, the setup should be pretty much the same. I made one on this forum a while back too. (It’s stickied at the top in the general cam forum.)

Reactions: GoddessV
can a long ethernet port (25 feet) have anything to do with my obs freezing ? I have been trying to make it work on myfreecams and cant. How about old computer ? would that be a problem? thanks

can a long ethernet port (25 feet) have anything to do with my obs freezing ? I have been trying to make it work on myfreecams and cant. How about old computer ? would that be a problem? thanks
Your port does not affect to obs freezing.
If your have old pc or bad intrenet connection it's can affect to freeze.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lili_xo
Your port does not affect to obs freezing.
If your have old pc or bad intrenet connection it's can affect to freeze.
thank you! I realized though I mispelled and I meant cable. My ethernet cable for wiring is 25 feet long would it be better if I had it shorter ? My speed is still 32 upload however I wonder if I should buy a shorter cable I currently dont have one. :)

thank you! I realized though I mispelled and I meant cable. My ethernet cable for wiring is 25 feet long would it be better if I had it shorter ? My speed is still 32 upload however I wonder if I should buy a shorter cable I currently dont have one. :)
Cable distance between your pc and router, can be till 328 feet.
25 feet is nothing.
Check your cable maybe it's broken or bad quality connector crimp

• Helpful!
Supposedly you can also stream from a smart phone, tablet.
It's probable less ideal to a decent computer, but if your having issues, it might be worth trying.

thank you very much this is very good information about how long cable can be...
then I do not understand why it buffers all the time (circle in the middle of stream like is loading...and loading...) then it was ok for a while I could stream then it buffers freezes again...and again.... (i checked my strream from another browser)
is this normal?

was my first day streaming using OBS on myfreecams and it was very sharp great picture but had a hard time achieving that flow that many models have once in a while it just freezes and whenever I moved it froze
maybe is my computer then it is a macbook 2017 did not give me any other problems so far
would like to know what I can do to possibly fix this at some point :)
any ideas appreciated

If your trying to push a resolution your device can't handle, it will freeze.
If your device is freezing, it will freeze.
Same thing if you don't have enough bandwidth.

Have you tried running a google speed test to see what kind of upload bandwidth your getting?

Last edited:
Reactions: SplitCam
Have you tried running a google speed test to see what kind of upload bandwith your getting?
yes I did google gave me this too :Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 2.32.17 PM.png
this possibly could be my computer i updated to higher software mine only allows me to use older version of obs even if higher but maybe it will make a difference will test it soon
anyone uses old version of obs and does it work well ?

Then maybe try your smart phone.

Or try to turn down your streaming settings in OBS.

Chaturbate OBS
MFC OBS

IE: try using 853x480 settings

You could try closing any app, program, document, browser window, you don't have to have open.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.