AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS, is it worth using?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2020
Because honestly I do not have a clue what I am doing with it!
I know Chaturbate 'highly recommend' using it, but what are the advantages over using Chrome web browser for example? Is there a chance of better traffic?

If it is worth using then is there a clear concise step by step guide of how to use it broken down into very simple language so someone simple like me understands. :happy:

Hopefully this will help you:

Scroll down to the bit that says "How to setup OBS" for instructions.
It may look overwhelming and complicated at first, most programs will be, but just read it and do as it says, you will see it's easy to setup and then once you have used it for a while you will understand just how fantastic and easy it can be.

Upvote 0
Hopefully this will help you:

Scroll down to the bit that says "How to setup OBS" for instructions.
It may look overwhelming and complicated at first, most programs will be, but just read it and do as it says, you will see it's easy to setup and then once you have used it for a while you will understand just how fantastic and easy it can be.
Thanks for that will have to spare an hour and go through it all! It certainly looks overwhelming, hopefully I can get the hang of it!

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Anyone know if this is correct?
I have seen it happen to a model I helped set up OBS for her stream. In the last 3 streams she did without OBS she 45-90 users in her room, the first 3 streams with OBS she had 160-240 users.

OBS in itself does not give the rank a boost on CB, it is the much-improved stream quality that gives the boost. On CB users have the option to prioritize HD streams, the way that works is that first you see HD+ (1080p), then HD (720p), and then all the rest.

I have a theory that big spenders tend to prioritize stream quality, except in special cases, a 540p or even 720p stream just does not look as good on my 24-inch monitor as a 1080p stream, and I want value for my tokens.

And having users with tokens have an influence on the rank, therefore better stream quality = more users with tokens = higher rank

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me please if its posible to use Obs for 2 sites and how? Thanks !:shame:

Reactions: SplitCam
Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me please if its posible to use Obs for 2 sites and how? Thanks !:shame:
When you try to open OBS after having one open you will get a prompt asking if you want to open another instance of it, and you can click the option that allows yo to do it. However it would probably be easier to use something like Shine Browser to stream to multiple sites.

• Hugs
Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
well it did not go well at all, infact barely got past the first few steps :oops:

Cant seem to find any camera options or microphone options in the 'sources' part.

Whats worse is when i generate a new token and enter it, it starts broadcasting a blank screen on chaturbate! :woot:

obsimage.jpg

Upvote 0
If you're on windows there should exist a plugin. I also read about 2 OBS instances but that seems like a huge hassle
I have this script (windows only) available if anyone wants it https://www.cbhours.com/2ndOBS.zip its something i threw together to create a 2nd obs desktop shortcut and the settings and stuff stay separate from the original obs. You can also run them both at same time. the code in the batch file is:

Code:
xcopy "%programfiles%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\*.* /e
xcopy "%AppData%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\config\obs-studio\*.* /e
set SCRIPT="%TEMP%\%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%.vbs"

echo Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") >> %SCRIPT%
echo sLinkFile = "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\obs2.lnk" >> %SCRIPT%
echo Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile) >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.TargetPath = "c:\obs2\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Arguments = "--portable" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.WorkingDirectory = "C:\obs2\bin\64bit" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Save >> %SCRIPT%

cscript /nologo %SCRIPT%
del %SCRIPT%

Its basically a batch file that copies obs and settings then makes a vbscript to handle the shortcut creation.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
It should be noted that OBS has negative aspects too. It is very easy to over-stress your CPU/GPU/ISP if you have older equipment. This can cause your machine to run slow, lag, or overheat. Most of this can be minimized by adjusting video/audio bit rates, stream quality, aspect ratio, etc. Adjusting these settings in an attempt to find what works best on an older machine can be a challenging (and annoying) task. OBS may have to be maintained from time to time as well. This can be generating a new key or fine tuning settings on a day-to-day basis.

It will all come down to your machine and your OBS settings.

If you do not have to contend with equipment stress, then by all means learn how to use it. The benefits of overlays, stats, higher quality stream, and more control over your stream are positives worth pursuing.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I have seen it happen to a model I helped set up OBS for her stream. In the last 3 streams she did without OBS she 45-90 users in her room, the first 3 streams with OBS she had 160-240 users.

OBS in itself does not give the rank a boost on CB, it is the much-improved stream quality that gives the boost. On CB users have the option to prioritize HD streams, the way that works is that first you see HD+ (1080p), then HD (720p), and then all the rest.

I have a theory that big spenders tend to prioritize stream quality, except in special cases, a 540p or even 720p stream just does not look as good on my 24-inch monitor as a 1080p stream, and I want value for my tokens.

And having users with tokens have an influence on the rank, therefore better stream quality = more users with tokens = higher rank
Can you use OBS without HD?

Upvote 0
Splitcam has also very nice LUT filter and its easier to setup for example sound. You dont need to set input and output sound but its just already done. I recomend contact @SplitCam here. Very helpful and nice human was helping me setup my stream. Now im waiting for my DSLR camera which will come in few days and I will contact him for sure again.

Upvote 0
Like many technical user interfaces it will appear overwhelming because put it quite frankly you don't know this program for apps for new to the Technologies involved the vernacular as well as it's advantages and limitations but guess what even the expert started exactly where you are. The minute you begin simply exploring is this powerful piece of software is the minute you will become more and more accustomed to it and realize that it is actually a very simple program with very powerful tools and a whole lot of user support. Especially now that obs version 27 was released and they already spoiled us with the virtual camera in version 26. I suggest taking advantage of what is probably the most powerful and robust broadcast software on the market. And to make it all the more appealing it is free. Free free free free free. I am a straight-up NERD HO for open source and collaborative software. I have spent countless dollars on various services such as manycam(garbage btw), ivideon and a few others and I swear they do not touch the overall stability, reliability & versatility of obs. It can be learned in a day. don't be scurred especially when there's nothing that YouTube can't teach you. People are using YouTube to build entire houses these days. So find some official videos but I can will not recommend another broadcast application because if I did I would be doing you a disservice.

Upvote 0
Like many technical user interfaces it will appear overwhelming because put it quite frankly you don't know this program for apps for new to the Technologies involved the vernacular as well as it's advantages and limitations but guess what even the expert started exactly where you are. The minute you begin simply exploring is this powerful piece of software is the minute you will become more and more accustomed to it and realize that it is actually a very simple program with very powerful tools and a whole lot of user support. Especially now that obs version 27 was released and they already spoiled us with the virtual camera in version 26. I suggest taking advantage of what is probably the most powerful and robust broadcast software on the market. And to make it all the more appealing it is free. Free free free free free. I am a straight-up NERD HO for open source and collaborative software. I have spent countless dollars on various services such as manycam(garbage btw), ivideon and a few others and I swear they do not touch the overall stability, reliability & versatility of obs. It can be learned in a day. don't be scurred especially when there's nothing that YouTube can't teach you. People are using YouTube to build entire houses these days. So find some official videos but I can will not recommend another broadcast application because if I did I would be doing you a disservice.
i lied... I endorse splitcam I personally don't use it as a standalone I use it in conjunction with obs but the program is fire

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.