AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OBS, Stream Recording and Privacy Questions

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2019
Hey y'all,

I just started out on Chaturbate yesterday. I had a good time and want to keep doing this work but I had some questions about privacy and protecting myself. One is about OBS- does anyone know if this allows my stream to be recorded, either by Microsoft who made the OBS software I use, or by the website/ clients? I understand recordings of public shows get out pretty often but I'm not sure the mechanism by which this happens.

Another question is about email- I'm using a gmail account for these purposes. Should I consider Protonmail instead, or a different platform? I haven't given it out to anyone but it is the account that's linked to Chaturbate and which I used to sign up on this website. Idek if clients would want to be in touch via email outside of cam shows, or if something else like snapchat or instagram would be better.

Thanks everyone in advance for helping out a new cam person :h:

--Chandler Sky

Not a model,

OBS give streamers the option to stream and or record. Jim Bailey created OBS. It's not a MS product. It's Open Source software, as in any one can contribute their time and money to building & maintaining OBS. It's a an incredible act of philanthropy. And every one with a computer can use the software for free. Every donation to OBS helps.

You should probable assume your always being recorded while streaming.
Most of the piracy sites use bots. Those bots will automatically record and publish MFC and CB public streams to their websitess.
Bots could record privates, groups, spy, but so far, I don't think it's a common for bots to tip to get into shows, Or tip to get privates.

Any time your in a private show, group show, spy show, skype, snapchat, a viewer of that show may record the stream. And at some later date they could post it online. Similarity if you sell videos, some one may buy the video and post it some where else at a future date.

Don't give out your email address you use for your CB account. If you do that, some people could try to trick you using fake emails. Plus they could try to attack the email account. Or spam you with password resets, extra.

Hey y'all,

I just started out on Chaturbate yesterday. I had a good time and want to keep doing this work but I had some questions about privacy and protecting myself. One is about OBS- does anyone know if this allows my stream to be recorded, either by Microsoft who made the OBS software I use, or by the website/ clients? I understand recordings of public shows get out pretty often but I'm not sure the mechanism by which this happens.
Basically the software you use dosnt have much to do with getting recorded. The recordings are normally made by a script that a member runs that records the video off the website, because of this there really isnt much that anyone can do to provent it as the site is unable to see anything that happens off the site (like on that members computer where the recording software would be)
Another question is about email- I'm using a gmail account for these purposes. Should I consider Protonmail instead, or a different platform? I haven't given it out to anyone but it is the account that's linked to Chaturbate and which I used to sign up on this website. Idek if clients would want to be in touch via email outside of cam shows, or if something else like snapchat or instagram would be better.

Thanks everyone in advance for helping out a new cam person :h:

I use gmail, I have given it out to a few members when I needed to send out videos they have won as prizes etc. You can set up a second email account for this if you want but it's not really necessary, if you are worried about people trying to log in to your account using the email and then trying to guess the password they could also just do this with your username. I would however recommend setting up 2FA on both your email and chaturbate account so that a new pass code is required as well as email/user name and password. (Make sure to use an application like google authenticator for the 2FA. email and SMS 2FA are pretty pointless tbh but they are still better than nothing.) I would also look into using a password service such as LastPass for generating and storing secure passwords.

I would personally suggest keeping offcam communication with members on apps such as Twitter or Snapchat. Keeping up with your friends on twitter (not in DM) is also marketing yourself at the same time and does not put your IP at risk, like email can. Twitter is the cam girls best friend and can feel significantly less draining than having a bunch of private one on one conversations going on in email.

when I really need any email, I use tutanota.com to ensure privacy for both side.
They just keep the minimum legal info on their servers and permit an easy way to cypher mails and attachments.

Great, thank you all for your insight~! I think some kind of social media would be useful for me to set up, I'll definitely consider both Twitter and Snap

Status
Not open for further replies.