AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Obscene Abuse & Employment - FHRITP related

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2010
So this just happened:

A bunch of guys were FHRITPing around a Toronto TV reporter. The reporter confronted them. This one free-speech hero defended this idiocy, was later identified as an employee of Ontario's main power company, and promptly fired from his C$100kish a year job.

A Hydro One employee will be fired after he was identified as one of the men who hurled obscenities at CityNews reporter Shauna Hunt during Sunday’s Toronto FC game.

Hydro One issued a statement late Tuesday saying it was terminating the employee in connection with the incident, which was captured on video.

kXrGIDk.jpg

Hunt is shown in the video questioning two men who emulated a trend seen in other cities by shouting obscenities into her microphone.

A Hydro One spokesman said Shawn Simoes, an assistant network management engineer with the company, was fired for violating the company’s code of conduct.

More of the story

Also Twitter

I'm guessing the other guys in the video will be identified and have some explaining to do, as well. I bring this up because this guy is losing a good job because of a CoC breach that had nothing to do with his work performance, but rather because he acted like a douchebag in public and on camera. Codes of Conduct are serious business.

Had never heard of FHRITP before this. Kinda feel bad for the dude but like, don't act like an idiot in public, especially if you are being recorded. Keep that shit on the internet dummy. Reporter made a bigger deal out of it than it was in my opinion. Be a professional and ignore it. Dude at the end was great, would like to meet his mom, sounds like a pretty chill woman.

PunkInDrublic said:
Dude at the end was great, would like to meet his mom, sounds like a pretty chill woman.
Dude at the end currently has a lot of free time on his hands. His mom may or may not be laughing right now. Some people misjudge their mothers' sense of humour.

Sevrin said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Dude at the end was great, would like to meet his mom, sounds like a pretty chill woman.
Dude at the end currently has a lot of free time on his hands. His mom may or may not be laughing right now. Some people misjudge their mothers' sense of humour.
Dude at the end is going to have zero problem finding another well paying job I'm guessing. Will be a good learning experience for him. All the vengeful nutjobs on twitter are the worst.

Sevrin said:
I bring this up because this guy is losing a good job because of a CoC breach that had nothing to do with his work performance, but rather because he acted like a douchebag in public and on camera. Codes of Conduct are serious business.

Hydro One is a Crown corporation, their only shareholder being the Government of Ontario. That kind of thing might fly if you work for a private company (then again, it might not), but if you work for the government... yeah, maybe try to avoid the public douchebaggery.

Reactions: PunkInDrublic
Every employer I have had has given regular talks/reminders about what you say/do on social media, especially Facebook, because that has your name and employer on it, thus, in the eyes of the public and your employer, everything that you say/do represents your employer. And they check it - people have been fired for taking a picture of their computer screen at work and posting it on Facebook. They don't fuck around with sensitive information. Unfortunately, that led to cell phone policy crackdowns for everyone, to the point that we couldn't use them to listen to music with anymore.

My company had me sign all kinds of things when I was hired, and every year I have to renew a bunch of them to prevent misunderstandings on my part. Working for large companies often requires certain things of you in public, they do not like getting negative attention from the media because an employee was caught acting stupid.

I lock down my personal FB page quite heavily, and openly refuse to add any work colleagues.

I did however have someone fired from a company I do consultancy for, as via a mutual friend one of their employees was messing around with a company blowtorch in full uniform, in front of a company van.

Status
Not open for further replies.