AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

obsessive members on myfreecams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017
Used to have decent traffic several different regulars that come and go. Since a specific member started coming around gradually it seems I have less and less members.. paying members. This dude has more than 1 account probably several so I cant ban him it will do me no good. mfc wont do anything. He somehow can be in my room immediately every time I go on cam.. hes always there like he works on the site or something. He has sent pms to other members in my room which I have no control over. Hes playing games I see right through but not sure how to deal with it. i think he is trying to control my room. Hes obsessive and I was wondering how you other models deal with these types of members and if you even have had this happen?. is this common or am I just lucky!

I have never had this happen so I wouldn't know. But I am very sorry it has happened to you. My only advice would be to ignore him and try not to let it bother you. But I understand that this is difficult if he is effecting your income in this way and harassing other members.

Yea this happened to me too. Plus this guy was talking real rude with the other guys in main chat, so I ended up only me and him in room. He even requested to be room helper, and i did that ONCE. He banned almost everyone lol. He tips from time to time, but not enough to deserve so much control over my work. So I told him that it bothers me and I will ban lifetime . He calmed down since then , and probably found other model to do that with? He still tips tho so i dont care lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: koalabutts
I must have been too personable and he became obsessive like. Is that how it happened for you? by responding and conversation in open chat? I dont even accept pms its always in open chat. Maybe its the same dude who knows? Im sure many of members are like that they get attatched to a model they dont even know.

Used to have decent traffic several different regulars that come and go. Since a specific member started coming around gradually it seems I have less and less members.. paying members. This dude has more than 1 account probably several so I cant ban him it will do me no good. mfc wont do anything. He somehow can be in my room immediately every time I go on cam.. hes always there like he works on the site or something. He has sent pms to other members in my room which I have no control over. Hes playing games I see right through but not sure how to deal with it. i think he is trying to control my room. Hes obsessive and I was wondering how you other models deal with these types of members and if you even have had this happen?. is this common or am I just lucky!

I see options on MFC to "Hide Chat of Guests" and also to "Hide Chat of Basics". This guy cannot be creating that many Premium accounts with 200+ tokens? For those he does create, can't you just start banning those users?

As pointed out, mute basics and guest.

If they have multiple accounts, Just keep banning them.

if yo know their state, block their state.

when you contacted MFC, had you banned multiple accounts of theirs?

I would move to a site where members don't have the option to send messages to members.

i've never had this happen to me, and i'm so sorry that it is happening to you! just keep blocking each of his accounts. your peace of mind and money are not worth one crazy member ruining everything for you. just keep blocking!

I must have been too personable and he became obsessive like. Is that how it happened for you? by responding and conversation in open chat? I dont even accept pms its always in open chat. Maybe its the same dude who knows? Im sure many of members are like that they get attatched to a model they dont even know.
First, don't think it's your fault in any way, in your profession you have to be personable to get followers and tips!
Second, ban him. If he shows up under another name...ban that one ....and so on.
Third, if you have any regulars and fans that consistently follow you, tell them to set their PM's to "Friends Only". ( I actually suggest everyone set them to friends only to avoid needless bullshit.
As far as his obsession goes, there are people like that everywhere and all you can do is deal with it as an occupational hazard. I believe some people could become emotionally obsessed with a fire hydrant.
You need members to "get attached" to you to be successful, but there's a difference between "attached" and "obsessed". You can't control their obsession, so don't worry about it.

There is a way to ban them from their IP address so no matter how many accounts they create they are still banned
Not knowing the model's interface I am not sure how to do it but I know it can be done. Maybe someone will post how for you. As a premium member for many years I am sorry you have to deal with jerks like that.

• Helpful!
Reactions: KarlaKaress
A little off topic, but I have something similar to this.
I'm a male and I just started broadcasting. Overall polite viewers, but I had one member being very pushy about getting to know me via PM. My bio had my real birthday and state, and he kept pushing for my snapchat so I eventually gave him my side Snapchat. Which was a mistake, because it has my first name on it.

Should I be worried at all? It's honestly pretty scary how he doesn't understand his boundaries. Should I block him? Would blocking him have repercussions? He also kept asking for me to mod him so he can help me. I don't know much about mods but I don't think I want someone like him helping me.

I can't tell you exactly where as I can't see the model's software interface but you can choose different types of bans. This is what MFC says about banning:

Ban
Models can ban guests and members at any time and for any reason.

For guests, the IP address of the guest will be banned. For members, both the IP address and the username of the member will be banned. Banned users will not be able to re-enter the model's chat room.

By default, bans expire after 6 hours. Models may also use Lifetime bans or specify how long the ban should last.

In the Options and Settings models may also Un-Ban members at any time.

Reactions: CootsPatoots
A little off topic, but I have something similar to this.
I'm a male and I just started broadcasting. Overall polite viewers, but I had one member being very pushy about getting to know me via PM. My bio had my real birthday and state, and he kept pushing for my snapchat so I eventually gave him my side Snapchat. Which was a mistake, because it has my first name on it.

Should I be worried at all? It's honestly pretty scary how he doesn't understand his boundaries. Should I block him? Would blocking him have repercussions? He also kept asking for me to mod him so he can help me. I don't know much about mods but I don't think I want someone like him helping me.

NEVER under any circumstances post personal info on any camming website, nor on any website if you ask me. When you fill in info always preview what your profile, website, etc will look like to people viewing it. That is the safest way. I hope you removed all the personal info right away. #1 rule if someone is pushy, that is a red flag stay away from them. Just My Opinion.

As a cammer, any social media and chat accounts need to be made under your performer name with no real identifying details on them.

I know the name of this page is camGIRLwiki but take some time to read through it before you continue camming - https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Camming_and_Confidentiality

NEVER under any circumstances post personal info on any camming website, nor on any website if you ask me. When you fill in info always preview what your profile, website, etc will look like to people viewing it. That is the safest way. I hope you removed all the personal info right away. #1 rule if someone is pushy, that is a red flag stay away from them. Just My Opinion.

Thank you both for the advice. That's pretty scary. Since those advertising cam sites have already crawled my profile and cached my original birthdate, should I make a new account or would that be too paranoid? I'm definitely going to create a new one for AFC since I only have a few posts on this account.

Last edited:
Thank you both for the advice. That's pretty scary. Since those advertising cam sites have already crawled my profile and cached my original birthdate, should I make a new account or would that be too paranoid? I'm definitely going to create a new one for AFC since I only have a few posts on this account.
I can update your name for you here if you like, but I don't see any harmful information in your posts on this account so far. I admit I only skimmed it so let me know if I'm wrong, but I'd prefer people didn't make duplicate accounts.

• Hugs
Reactions: CootsPatoots
I can update your name for you here if you like, but I don't see any harmful information in your posts on this account so far. I admit I only skimmed it so let me know if I'm wrong, but I'd prefer people didn't make duplicate accounts.

That'd be helpful. I was just worried about Google caching ACF but I couldn't find my name. May you please change it to CootsPatoots? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.