AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Off-Site Payment

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
A model I have visited regularly for years has a birthday coming up next month.
In the past, she usually throws a big party show that is a lot of fun, and most regulars tip a lot more than usual.
Recently she asked me outside of the camsite if I would consider an off-site payment of whatever I would be able to pass on in the way of tokens on that occasion.
I understand why she would ask this, as she is saving up to make a career change.
But I told her I would prefer to keep to using the site token payments, for a number of reasons.
And it would be weird for me to go and enjoy her birthday show without tipping as usual.

Now I feel conflicted. I support and encourage her saving and her future plans, but (for both of us) I want this to remain a business arrangement within the site terms.
But if she's asked me, she's almost certainly asked all her regulars. If someone mentions this in PM or public chat, I think she could get banned......
As well as politely refusing, should I tell her this is a really bad idea to encourage anyone else to do this?

If you and her have a good relationship, it's probably okay to privately let her know your concern, and that you don't want to see her get into trouble. And I'm sure she'd still be happy to receive tokens from you directly on the token site, even if it's not her preferred choice in how to receive the money.

In 2019, an MFC regular sent me birthday money via Cash App, which was his idea...even though I know it's not adult friendly, and I wouldn't encourage it. He usually sends me a big offline tip on MFC on August 15th every year, but I guess that year he wanted to use Cash App so I could get just about the entire amount. If he decides to send me something this time, I hope it's via MFC. My shitty camscore could really use the boost. Plus, I use that express cashout option on MFC.

If she's on OnlyFans and you tip her on there, she gets 80%. But she won't be able to cash out that money until a week later.

Thanks for your reply!
I'm still struggling with this one. Of course the more money in her hand, the better for her, but the site cut is a fact of life.
But my biggest concern is that this idea takes the whole business arrangement into another personal place, with off-site payments totally unconnected with camming activity.

Do you want the business arrangement to be taken into another personal place? If you're still struggling with this, why not just go with your original plan and just spend on her directly on the token site?

Do you want the business arrangement to be taken into another personal place? If you're still struggling with this, why not just go with your original plan and just spend on her directly on the token site?
No, I don't. I would rather keep it to cam site business, and told her this.
But the difference between 100% and 50% to her on this occasion (from a reasonable sized group of regulars) is significant - that's the only reason I'm still thinking about it.

So she has to have known that there would be the possibility that some members might not be comfortable with this, and she went forward knowing that might happen. I wouldn't feel bad about not wanting to pay off-site.

So she has to have known that there would be the possibility that some members might not be comfortable with this, and she went forward knowing that might happen. I wouldn't feel bad about not wanting to pay off-site.

Yeah, would she rather A) not get any money at all from the members who aren't comfortable with it...or B) just get the 50% of their tips from the token site? If he's struggling with this, I don't see what else there is to think about. He should go with option B like I already said.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Yeah, would she rather A) not get any money at all from the members who aren't comfortable with it...or B) just get the 50% of their tips from the token site? If he's struggling with this, I don't see what else there is to think about. He should go with option B like I already said.
Maybe I should ask a slightly different question then.
Is this scenario more common than I had thought?
I've always been very careful to not go outside of any cam sites for payment. Partly so the model doesn't get banned, and partly because I do not want to open the door to requests for loans, help with financial issues etc.
That said, I have years of history with this model and never had any trust issues, but this coming up now just surprised me.
And FWIW, suggested method of payment was PP F&F.

• Helpful!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Maybe I should ask a slightly different question then.
Is this scenario more common than I had thought?
I've always been very careful to not go outside of any cam sites for payment. Partly so the model doesn't get banned, and partly because I do not want to open the door to requests for loans, help with financial issues etc.
That said, I have years of history with this model and never had any trust issues, but this coming up now just surprised me.
And FWIW, suggested method of payment was PP F&F.

Yeah, I'd say no to Paypal, and stand by what I've already said to you in my previous posts. I'm on MFC now, so I need to focus on my chat and revisit this forum later. Lol. Good luck. :)

I suppose she mentioned off-site payments because, in comparison with the site payment, she doesn't have to give a certain percentage of her income with the website. I certainly do not encourage this from any part, both hers and yours. Tell her that you feel uncomfortable with her request - communication works wonders sometimes.

This type of scenario happens pretty often - models who ask for PayPal, Amazon Wishlist, etc. You are not the first one that goes through this, and deffo not the last one. However, this shouldn't give you trust issues towards her at all.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Tell her that you feel uncomfortable with her request - communication works wonders sometimes.
Sure, I did communicate right away that I wasn't keen on the idea, and she took that OK.
But she has since pointed out that we correspond very regularly outside of her cam sites anyway, so now I am feeling somewhat of a hypocrite, as we do not keep everything strictly to the site.
Hmmm.

MFC doesn't have a rule about off-site contact. Whereas they do have one against off-site payments, whether they enforce it or not. I think most token platforms are like this. Doesn't seem to be hypocritical of you based on that. But it does sound like you feel that you need further rationalization to support what you feel comfortable with. And I just want to say plainly that it's okay to simply have a preference in this instance and stick to it, regardless of what the site says or allows or turns a blind eye toward. If you are concerned that it will open you up to further muddied lines in your client-provider relationship or whatever, that's plenty reason to stick to your guns. It's okay to stick to methods that make you feel more protected.

Unless the payment method she wants violates your privacy, I think the issue is that you are sending large gifts to strangers on the internet...

Thanks for your reply!
I'm still struggling with this one. Of course the more money in her hand, the better for her, but the site cut is a fact of life.
But my biggest concern is that this idea takes the whole business arrangement into another personal place, with off-site payments totally unconnected with camming activity.
It is illegal to do so, and if the site finds out, you will both be banned. That being said, tons do it. Just tell her, you enjoy the party, and would be sad to skip it, just to send her a bigger tip. Some people prefer not to give their number away for Cashapp etc. If that is you, she will understand, as she will be asking every customer the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.