AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Online Cam Model "Awards" : Scam or Worthwhile?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mira_xo

Cam Model
Dec 12, 2015
profiles.myfreecams.com
Twitter Username
@RealMira_xo
MFC Username
Mira_xo
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/507667/Mira_xo/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/134089/miraxo
Lately, I have been seeing a lot of online-based cam model "award" companies. For example, there are "Cammy Awards" as well as "Miss Halloween," "Miss Christmas" (and I'm not talking about MJ here!), all ran by the same company. There are also a few other pay-to-vote companies I have seen giving "awards" to models: "Princess Of The Year" by AdultModelNews on Twitter, etc.

I'm a skeptic so I'm under the assumption that all of these award websites aren't in any way reputable, and are just a cash cow piggy backing off of the success of the cam industry, but I'd love to hear your guys' opinions. Does the exposure of winning "Best Boobs" have a meaningful impact on your cam or clip site career? Does winning "Hottest Anal Queen" bring you financial, emotional, or social gain? Let me know what you think.

I have never participated in these contests, because I don't see the point. I've had many friends win these and get those perks but I had a few who won and didn't get anything out it other then a twitter post stating you won. I think it varies on who is hosting the contest.

But when I break it down and look into the psychology of it. Competitiveness is usually a male trait, and dudes love competitions. It might be a fun thing for your followers to partake in.

Reactions: Mira_xo
id rather my customers spend on me and spend time with me, than pay to vote for me in stuff. If they think I am the hottest anal queen or whatever they can tell me to my face! Nothing against those who do go in for it, each to their own :)

Most (all?) of these awards are purely created to promote the company hosting them

Do these competitions have prizes? if they have big prizes for winners fair enough, if the only prize is winning then suck a dick.

Emmm... I don't know much about "no name" websites organizing (twitter) contests and stuff but I can rely to the idea an concept used by bigger services/websites like livecamawards ... or xbizawards ... Just yesterday I was casting my vote (on livecamawards) for a payment processor and I've scrolled down on main page, huge names from the adult industry (I wont post brands) were present and sponsoring the event... scroll more and you can see the amount of euros which is required by the sponsor to be advertised ... we are talking about 2999E-9999E here and I wonder how much the winners get (not necessary from sponsoring) ... just a stupid question.
@MFCGod Do these competitions have prizes? if they have big prizes for winners fair enough, if the only prize is winning then suck a dick.
I have to agree with this
Emmm on the other hand if you don't participate you have no chance of winning (that's obvious).
There are pros and cons to everything, this is no exception.
My opinion. :)

I've always been pretty against most of these so called "awards". Especially any that required paid votes and aren't a cam site/content site themselves (i.e. ManyVids has paid votes for their contests, that's acceptable so long as the girls get a cut of that like just as the do with content sales there.) The Showdown Network ones are a total joke, IMO, and the Live Cam Awards are simply based on inter-industry politics.

I believe cam girls would be better off spending their time and energy on their camming and content rather than divert their paying members to a site like that in order to get a few gifts and the possibility of publicity.

Sites that simply offer some exposure and a small gift in exchange for unpaid votes could be fun and are much more harmless in the long run, as far as I'm concerned. The one that @MyCamgirl ran for a few years a while back was good natured. Yes, sites/blogs that do these would still benefit for a bit of extra traffic and hopefully getting their name out there, but they don't seem so scammy in the process and don't accept money for votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.