AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Online mode though not broadcasting

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes, it can take up to 5 mins for the system to show the model has gone offline, and vice versa.
In other cases, the model is actually online but is preparing to start broadcasting soon and is possibly in the middle of updating the settings, goals, menu, etc.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply

I have a favourite model, who was online (green dot appearing) for almost 2 hours without broadcasting and then she became offline. Can models appear online without broadcasting or can they do some special shows without broadcasting...

Upvote 0
Thanks for your reply

I have a favourite model, who was online (green dot appearing) for almost 2 hours without broadcasting and then she became offline. Can models appear online without broadcasting or can they do some special shows without broadcasting...
No special shows.
I think in this case the most likely reason is the model accidentally left her computer/laptop open on the broadcast page or just on the homepage.
If I am at least ON the website somewhere, you can see my GREEN dot next to my name - in a private message, for example - for the duration I am online. This could literally just be the fact I have accidentally left the window/tab open while gone away, or maybe she was spending that time browsing other models to try and learn what they do to succeed and what guys like.

Reactions: Charlie_SC
Upvote 0
Sometimes a model after completing her broadcast goes offline (green dot disappears) and again comes online but not broadcasting.....after about 20 minutes

Upvote 0
Sometimes a model after completing her broadcast goes offline (green dot disappears) and again comes online but not broadcasting.....after about 20 minutes
The green dot just means that the site member (model or viewer) is online, they are as free to use the site as anyone else.
A model being online does not necessarily indicate they plan to broadcast themselves.

Upvote 0
I guess there are two modes of "online-ness" for a model.

The green dot merely indicates that they are logged into their account, as someone (@Charlie_SC I think) mentioned, they may be doing maintenance on various things like tip menus, epic goals, or uploading videos or photos etc.

The other is the "I'll be online soon" (or whatever it says) overlay that appears as they actually prepare to commence their broadcast / stream. The one (the green dot) does *not* necessarily indicate the other (commencing to broadcast) is about to happen.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tackybrady
Upvote 0
I know this isn’t the same thing as what the op is referring to. But when I was active on SC, it used to bug me that while I was online to JUST update my profile/room information, it’d show that “Model will be broadcasting soon” message…and that I could see a member or two come in and sit there like they’re waiting for me to go live.

When I’d mentioned it on here, I was told that members DON’T see that message on their end. That was confirmed by @Charlie_SC , right?

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
The other is the "I'll be online soon" (or whatever it says) overlay that appears as they actually prepare to commence their broadcast / stream. The one (the green dot) does *not* necessarily indicate the other (commencing to broadcast) is about to happen.

So you guys DO see that on your end? Because that message was showing on my end even when I wasn’t preparing to start broadcasting (I’ve seen other models inquiring about that too). But, if memory serves me correctly, the site was set up so weird that in order for a model to edit certain things, we had to click on some sort of ‘broadcast’ tab in order to be taken to the area to edit our private show rates, etc. I thought it was odd.

Upvote 0
So you guys DO see that on your end? Because that message was showing on my end even when I wasn’t preparing to start broadcasting (I’ve seen other models inquiring about that too). But, if memory serves me correctly, the site was set up so weird that in order for a model to edit certain things, we had to click on some sort of ‘broadcast’ tab in order to be taken to the area to edit our private show rates, etc. I thought it was odd.
Hmm. . . for example for my friend, I am usually waiting for her to start broadcasting (she keeps a quite regular schedule) so when she first logs in (I assume) the green dot appears and at this point I assume she is doing whatever pre-broadcast prep you folks need to do. Then maybe 15-30 minutes later it will change to "I'll be online soon" and then in a couple of minutes her broadcast starts. (sometimes it will cycle back through " OFFLINE ... Was online about xx hours ago" and "I'll be online soon" a few times, I suspect because she is having minor issues with starting the stream or maybe lovense isn't connecting properly? or something, not sure)

But you may be correct that there are some things that you have to be in the "I'll be online soon" mode to adjust / set. I do seem to recall (now that I think of it) being "in her room" (it's one of my browser startup tabs) at a time that is very much not her usual schedule at all and seeing the "I'll be online soon" thing, and sending her a quick PM of "Oh really?" to which she responded along the lines of "no not now" with a laughing emoji.

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
But you may be correct that there are some things that you have to be in the "I'll be online soon" mode to adjust / set. I do seem to recall (now that I think of it) being "in her room" (it's one of my browser startup tabs) at a time that is very much not her usual schedule at all and seeing the "I'll be online soon" thing, and sending her a quick PM of "Oh really?" to which she responded along the lines of "no not now" with a laughing emoji.

Yeah, see…this is what I suspected. When I’d asked about this before, I was told no, members don’t see the “I’ll be online soon” message. And I was thinking are you sure…because why would it be on there then? Lol. Stripchat should fix that. Models should be able to edit whatever they need to edit without that message showing up, and misleading members who will wind up sitting there waiting for the model to go live.

Thanks for responding, Ozzie.

Upvote 0
The "I'll be online soon" no longer exists and no member can see if we are in our broadcast window editing our tip menu, room topic, show activities, etc. As far as I'm aware
ETA unless the model clicked start show and went offline straight away in which case it will then say "I'll be online soon" just like after a private show before the model re-enters her public show

Upvote 0
🆕 🌟 🆕

NEW UPDATE

"I'll Be Online Soon" status is now removed (once you enter your profile).

🆕 🌟 🆕

Want to tweak some settings on your profile, add content or update your menus without the "I'll Be Online Soon" status showing?

Now you can!

The status "Please wait. I'll be online soon" on the broadcasting page will now only appear:

- If you start broadcasting and then immediately stop the broadcast

- If you end a Private, Ticket, or Group show

- If you refresh the page after the broadcast/show for the status to disappear. The status will change to “Offline” in 1 min.

View attachment 93573

Upvote 0
The "I'll be online soon" no longer exists and no member can see if we are in our broadcast window editing our tip menu, room topic, show activities, etc. As far as I'm aware
ETA unless the model clicked start show and went offline straight away in which case it will then say "I'll be online soon" just like after a private show before the model re-enters her public show
This may well indeed be correct, the example I was speaking of to @yummybrownfox was some time ago now.

Upvote 0
This may well indeed be correct, the example I was speaking of to @yummybrownfox was some time ago now.

I just checked on my model and user account to see if this is actually working or not and yeah from my user account I can't see myself in the I'll be online soon mode even though I was in the broadcast window on my model account 🙂

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.