AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OnlyFans: Beginner's Help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

long_legzzz

Cam Model
Jul 26, 2020
Earth
Twitter Username
@long_legzzz
Tumblr Username
long-legzzz
MFC Username
Long_legzzz
Hello guys! I just got approved on OnlyFans today, and I was looking for some tips and tricks about it. Because I never used it before, and i am curios how is it used, what are you allowed to post, can I sell videos to subscribers etc. Any information about OF is very appreciated.
Thank youuu

• Helpful!
Reactions: zippypinhead
Changed the title of this since we already have an "Onlyfans" thread in the models only section, don't want people getting confused. :)

THANK YOU for this thread. I'd had one a few months back, but it fell behind the inactivity lock. Onlyfans still confuses the fuck out of me, and everything about it is so opaque, it's hard to find helpful information and discussion for using it, especially if you're approaching it to use for anything other than modeling. Since OF has completely taken over the scene, it's definitely beneficial to have a thread or two accessible by non-models.

I'm probably not the best person to answer, because I only make payout (Gotta earn a minimum of $20 to cash out for U.S. creators) on that site like once a month...sometimes twice a month. Lol.

But I like the fact that you can sell videos, photos, AND audio clips on there. So I have some audio clips on there of me singing. There is a "Go live" option for if you'd like to do a live broadcast.

When you choose a price for an individual post, it lets you charge a minimum of $3 for that post.

You can have a free account (People can subscribe for free, but they can tip you on your posts, and they pay to unlock your pics/vids/audio clips that you've posted for sale)...or a paid account (You charge subscribers a monthly fee)...or you can have BOTH a free account and paid account. With the free account, if you ever decide to go live, you have an option to charge viewers an entry fee to get into your live broadcast, or you can make it free to get into your live broadcast.

OnlyFans creators get 80%, and I know that for U.S. creators the minimum is $20 in order to request payout.

I tested it out and noticed that "ManyVids" is one of the forbidden terms that you can't post, but "Clips4Sale" isn't a forbidden term and posts just fine. Still, I'd imagine they'd frown upon their creators advertising other clip sites? I really don't know. You can mention Twitter in your posts, as well as MyFreeCams since the MyFreeCams folks own OnlyFans.

I'm most interested in making a free account for my pinup art, and offering PPV posts occasionally. My biggest question right now is, what's the threshold for nudity in "free" posts? Since all images are blocked from public view and indexing, and people need to subscribe to a person to see those images, can a person post nudes without a paywall? The OF FAQ talks about nudity being allowed within the limits of their TOS, and leaves it at that, but I didn't see any distinction between what's allowed for free and what's allowed through subs and PPV. Is that left to the content creator's discretion? Am I gonna get banned if I post cartoon tiddies on a free feed?

I know I'm probably coming off as a total newb, but as I said, I'm totally lost when it comes to engaging with this platform. For all the talk about it being "just another social media site," getting info on how to utilize it for anything other than sex work has turned out to be pretty frustrating.

I'm probably not the best person to answer, because I only make payout (Gotta earn a minimum of $20 to cash out for U.S. creators) on that site like once a month...sometimes twice a month. Lol.

But I like the fact that you can sell videos, photos, AND audio clips on there. So I have some audio clips on there of me singing. There is a "Go live" option for if you'd like to do a live broadcast.

When you choose a price for an individual post, it lets you charge a minimum of $3 for that post.

You can have a free account (People can subscribe for free, but they can tip you on your posts, and they pay to unlock your pics/vids/audio clips that you've posted for sale)...or a paid account (You charge subscribers a monthly fee)...or you can have BOTH a free account and paid account. With the free account, if you ever decide to go live, you have an option to charge viewers an entry fee to get into your live broadcast, or you can make it free to get into your live broadcast.

OnlyFans creators get 80%, and I know that for U.S. creators the minimum is $20 in order to request payout.

I tested it out and noticed that "ManyVids" is one of the forbidden terms that you can't post, but "Clips4Sale" isn't a forbidden term and posts just fine. Still, I'd imagine they'd frown upon their creators advertising other clip sites? I really don't know. You can mention Twitter in your posts, as well as MyFreeCams since the MyFreeCams folks own OnlyFans.

I'm glad you've chimed in, because you've got experience running an account in a way that I think I would like to run mine.

I'd imagine they'd frown upon their creators advertising other clip sites? I really don't know. You can mention Twitter in your posts, as well as MyFreeCams since the MyFreeCams folks own OnlyFans.
Yep the only one I use on there is MFC Share since it's the same folks. I'd not risk trying to link any other clips/cam site.

I'm most interested in making a free account for my pinup art, and offering PPV posts occasionally. My biggest question right now is, what's the threshold for nudity in "free" posts? Since all images are blocked from public view and indexing, and people need to subscribe to a person to see those images, can a person post nudes without a paywall? The OF FAQ talks about nudity being allowed within the limits of their TOS, and leaves it at that, but I didn't see any distinction between what's allowed for free and what's allowed through subs and PPV. Is that left to the content creator's discretion? Am I gonna get banned if I post cartoon tiddies on a free feed?

Back in November, I had some questions too about nudity with a free account. So I e-mailed them, and this is what Brandon of OnlyFans Support told me. I'm just gonna copy and paste the e-mail conversation.....

Me: "I have a question about streaming. So I have a free OnlyFans account. If I were to do a live stream FREE of charge, and someone in the stream wants to tip me to flash tits or ass, could I do that? If not, what if I charged an entry fee for the live stream? THEN could I do flashes for tips?"

Brandon: "You are able to flash users in your live stream if they tip. It will not be breaking any Violations in our Terms of Service."

Me: "Ok, so if they tip in my FREE live stream, it is okay?"

Brandon: "Correct it is."

I always wish that these kind of sites would have their own Wiki page like MyFreeCams does. Give us full details on a variety of topics important to models and members.

I know I'm probably coming off as a total newb, but as I said, I'm totally lost when it comes to engaging with this platform. For all the talk about it being "just another social media site," getting info on how to utilize it for anything other than sex work has turned out to be pretty frustrating.

I'm glad you've chimed in, because you've got experience running an account in a way that I think I would like to run mine.
If you have a free to subscribe account, you can't post nudity in free posts on your timeline. They have to be behind a paywall, or free posts must be censored.

"You are able to flash users in your live stream if they tip. It will not be breaking any Violations in our Terms of Service."
It's interesting they make this distinction for streams, though!
I always wish that these kind of sites would have their own Wiki page like MyFreeCams does. Give us full details on a variety of topics important to models and members.
And I totally agree. In fact next time I speak with them I might ask about their plans for making one. It would be very handy.

If you have a free to subscribe account, you can't post nudity in free posts on your timeline. They have to be behind a paywall, or free posts must be censored.
Thank you. I honestly couldn't find where that's explicitly stated in their terms, but that's what I thought had been the information given to me before.

It's interesting they make this distinction for streams, though!

And I totally agree. In fact next time I speak with them I might ask about their plans for making one. It would be very handy.
This confused me so much, because they don't easily give you that information when you make your account.... I just ended up deleting all my content and then switching over to a paid account a week or two after I made mine

I am really wanting to start an onlyfans myself. I am thinking about doing a free and paid subscription option. But im not an online influencer so i dont have followers on anything, lol....

If i have a free OF account for subs, will that help in that situation? or does anyone have any tips on how i could advertise my OF to get subscribers or followers? Any help/tips would be great! :)

I am really wanting to start an onlyfans myself. I am thinking about doing a free and paid subscription option. But im not an online influencer so i dont have followers on anything, lol....
Do you cam or make clips? Regulars are the best place to start.
If not, I would def recommend building a small audience. Twitter and reddit are some of the best places to advertise in my opinion, but you can use almost any platform if you are crafty enough!
I think it would work best if you started your page and built up some content before promoting it ❤

Do you cam or make clips? Regulars are the best place to start.
If not, I would def recommend building a small audience. Twitter and reddit are some of the best places to advertise in my opinion, but you can use almost any platform if you are crafty enough!
I think it would work best if you started your page and built up some content before promoting it ❤
Thanks love, yeah I will try and get a following first. I have not made any content as of yet.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
Status
Not open for further replies.