AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

OnlyFans & "Likes"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
Hey All, I am just wondering...

On OnlyFans, is there a "need" or "point" of liking ALL of a model's posts (photos and videos)?
What I mean exactly is, does it help at all other than showing you like that content?

Right now, what I do is I browse through the photos/videos and I will click "like" on everything, even if it's something I am not into (example: feet). I don't actually "like" that photo/video but I like it anyway to show appreciation for sharing it.
Is this good or bad for me to do? The reason I ask if it's BAD is that it gives misleading results for the model seeing what users do/don't like.

Does having more overall likes throughout your OnlyFans page help boost your placement, or is this solely based on content sold/users?

The weird thing is, I don't do this kind of thing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - I don't just go and click like on everything like how I do on OnlyFans.

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
As far as I know, all it does is help the model with showing people that come to her page that people like her content. So kinda like fake advertisement. That's why many models will have something like "like all my posts for a free video/picture".

On OnlyFans, is there a "need" or "point" of liking ALL of a model's posts (photos and videos)?
What I mean exactly is, does it help at all other than showing you like that content?

Right now, what I do is I browse through the photos/videos and I will click "like" on everything, even if it's something I am not into (example: feet). I don't actually "like" that photo/video but I like it anyway to show appreciation for sharing it.
Is this good or bad for me to do? The reason I ask if it's BAD is that it gives misleading results for the model seeing what users do/don't like.

Does having more overall likes throughout your OnlyFans page help boost your placement, or is this solely based on content sold/users?

No, OF likes doesn't do anything for us. It's just a nice way of acknowledging the OF creator's post. We benefit from purchases and tips.

When i have time i'll make mental or written lists of the guys who put the effort in to do likes. I'll sometimes offer them discounts or free shit. them doing that doesnt directly earn me money, put it shows some appreciation, and also shows to prospective buyers (ie how many likes I have). So indirectly i see it as helpful.

I take it as acknowledgement that people have seen and enjoyed my post, and I also like that it adds to the number on my profile page that people can see before they subscribe.

Honestly I think only about 40 out of the near 600 fans on my page ever click it, though.

I only follow one person on OF and she wants people to like the content that they actually like so she can better curate her content. To keep making what her fans actually like and not waste time. So, I only click like on the stuff I actually like/prefer.

Interesting question, I'm a newcomer to OF in support of the model I mod for, and wondered the same thing.
I've been liking everything for appreciation (I really do like it all) but wasn't sure how or if it made a difference.
I can see how it would be of use to determine targeted content though.

Without wanting to hijack Brett's thread, to those who produce OF content, is there an expectation that followers will use the 'tip' function for things that they particularly enjoy?

Reactions: NotYou
It helps me understand what kind of content people like if one post gets a bunch of likes - or if I'm losing people's interest if I start getting smaller amount of likes in general.

The like counter might be something a potential subscriber would look at to determine a profile's quality before spending money - but it's not something I personally want to put any focus on. Instead I feel like the sub count alone would be enough to sway someone if they were considering.

Does it boost OF placement? As far as I can tell, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

The weird thing is, I don't do this kind of thing on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram - I don't just go and click like on everything like how I do on OnlyFans.
I'd personally prefer u like Content you enjoy. It helps me know what to post more of

Reactions: NotYou
Thanks all for your replies, so overall, would you say I should like only the ones I genuinely like?
(Although to be fair, it usually is the majority of each model that I really like most of their content (98%) - after all, I join the models I really like).

Reactions: Ozzie_
I can't edit my other post, so I will add this here:

Maybe I should ask the individual model's that I follow what they prefer?
I know one of them already likes it when I like ALL her stuff, but I am with 2 others.. maybe it's better to ask them individually?

Reactions: blayze_noir
I can't edit my other post, so I will add this here:

Maybe I should ask the individual model's that I follow what they prefer?
I know one of them already likes it when I like ALL her stuff, but I am with 2 others.. maybe it's better to ask them individually?
I think this is best. I've seen models really focus on getting their likes up overall. I think it's probably quite individual

Ideally, I would like all users to click hearts under the posts they genuinely enjoy, so I could see what kind of content is enjoyed by the most AND get my overall likes number up. Unfortunately, since most subscribers don't click likes under any of the posts, or just like a couple after signing up and that's it, I appreciate those who like everything, so I can actually get more likes overall that way.

What's interesting to me is that I usually get more likes under photos and short videos than under full lenght vidoes, even though when I talk to my subscribers they almost always say they prefer longer videos. My guess is that's because they like photos immediately after seeing them, since you just need a quick look to decide if you like a pic, and for videos they sometimes don't watch them right away, they don't want to like without watching and if/when they come back to actually watch they come there with a purpose and that purpose is not liking posts. 😉
But yeah, anyway, that's another reason why I can't use likes to decide what kind of content to make.

So I'd say like everything, comment, send a DM and/or tip when you especially like something.

I sometimes take screenshots of DMs from happy subscribers to put on my social media as advertisement, so writing them might be another good way to help the creator without spending more money. And it's obviously nice to receive them.

Without wanting to hijack Brett's thread, to those who produce OF content, is there an expectation that followers will use the 'tip' function for things that they particularly enjoy?
Yes, absolutely. Most of content creators subscription prices are laughably low for the amount of content you're receiving. If you like something a lot tip a bit to show your appreciation. We put a lot of time and effort into making that content.

Status
Not open for further replies.