AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Other people's funny misconceptions about you

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2013
fresh out of the oven
What were other people’s misconceptions about you that you found amusing/strange/interesting/whatever?
...or misconceptions you had on other people?

I often surfed through AOL chatrooms during high school (awesome 90’s internet), and made a very good female friend. Given those chatrooms were rife with horny guys asking for cybersex, i contrast in comparison by being a complete straight-edge. I never acted like “one of those guys,” especially towards my friend. Because of that, it was only natural for her to think i was possibly gay.
:)

I remember discovering AmberCutie forums a few years back, but i lurked around for about a week or so. At the time, i was still fairly new to MFC and the whole cam modeling thing in general. At one point, i somehow got the idea ACF was a direct extension of MFC. Since Amber put her name to this forum, i somewhat concluded she was also the founder of MFC, or at least part owner, and camming was purely her side hobby. :shifty:

People think that I'm sweet and innocent. When they discover just how interesting my sex life is and how kinky I am, they're shocked.

I think people expect me to be more of a bitch than I am, I guess? I do have a bitchy resting face, but I rarely let that peek through on cam.

People are always like "Wow, you're so sweet!" like they're shocked. :lol:

A lot of people think I'm rude or stuck up because I'm so shy. But I'm not! I'm just terrified of talking in uncomfortable social settings.

SexyStephXS said:
A lot of people think I'm rude or stuck up because I'm so shy. But I'm not! I'm just terrified of talking in uncomfortable social settings.
I know what you're saying. But as I read you're shy I glanced down to the picture in your signature to see you with purple hair, spinning around in underwear in front of what was probably 500 or more people in your room at the time. I kind of chuckled at the thought of how amazing it would be to see what the extroverted and unabashed version of Steph would be like.

Everyday people accuse me of being nice. :snooty:

I just have good manners.

I have a huge problem of always sounding like I'm being sarcastic when I'm talking. This is both on and off cam, and a thing I've never been able to break. Coupled with being a hardcore introvert off cam...yes, many believe me to be a stuck-up b*tch.

SexyStephXS said:

remember my public post asking if you hated me? :lol:

I'm a pretty shy person IRL and that mixed with my outward appearance apparently comes off as bitchy/aloof? I cannot count how many times someone thought I was "going to be a bitch" and then turned out I was just a regular lady.

I can still be a bitch, I just save that for when I am pissed off. :thumbleft:

EDIT: Another one is that I must take shots great since I have piercings & tattoos. HA! I can't even watch myself get a shot or blood drawn. I'm a fucking wussy.

People think I am a patient person because I tend to be very calm and diplomatic (most times, not so much today!) in how I run this forum.

I have absolutely no patience for anything in real life. None.

When I was younger people who didn't know me often thought that I might be gay. It always made me and my friends laugh. It never bothered me and even now I sometimes tell people that I am the gayest straight man they will ever meet. I know this plays off stereotypes but I love Judy Garland, pick out all my wife's shoes and purses, have a good eye for fashion, love to shop, etc. Maggy is often complimented on her shoes and purses and always tells the person that her husband picked them out. She says that the look on some of their faces is pretty funny. I bought her 10 pairs of Steve Maddens one year for our anniversary for example. I also usually pick out her Dooney bags. The only part I am missing is that I don't find men attractive at all.
:lol:

Good topic mutantdonut ...should get some interesting responses.
Other people tend to do things for me/ take care of me, I would assume they think I need support in some way. I seem innocent and inexperienced, I am usually the opposite.

I'm definitely in the same boat with people always thinking I am very stuck up.

I don't go to a lot of the things I am invited to and rarely start conversations with people. It's actually just because I prefer to be alone and because of the lovely anxiety that comes with having Aspergers. It turns out a lot of people get intimidated and think I always have something exciting to do. Not unless exciting is wine and netflix. Which it is in my book come to think about it.

In High School I would often get asked by fellow classmates if I could help them with their math homework...

...unfortunately they were usually much better than I was in that subject. I guess the nerdy, glasses wearing, half-Asian thing had them fooled :p

Adding my hat to the pile of seeming stuck up or bitchy because I'm quiet and not terribly social most of the time. I also have a terminal case of Resting Bitch Face (yes it will probably kill me some day :lol: ). People think I'm pissed off all the time. I'm not I swear! I'm usually just off in my own head and not thinking too much about how pleasant my face does or does not look. ;)

JerryBoBerry said:
SexyStephXS said:
I know what you're saying. But as I read you're shy I glanced down to the picture in your signature to see you with purple hair, spinning around in underwear in front of what was probably 500 or more people in your room at the time. I kind of chuckled at the thought of how amazing it would be to see what the extroverted and unabashed version of Steph would be like.

Thank god that on cam I can't see all of you. If that were the case you'd see what I'm talking about. I'd remain totally silent and when one of you says something to me I'd do a tight lipped smile and nod. Not out of rudeness but out of total fear of all human life forms/ :crybaby:

No, but really, I found out after the first mansion that a lot of girls thought I hated everyone cuz I was so shy. :oops:

----

Oh, another funny misconception! Because I'm latina, I must have kids. I can't tell you how many waitressing/bartending jobs, girls of my age (particularly other hispanic girls) have asked me something like "How many kids do you have? How old are they?" I guess in our culture it's fairly common to have a few by the time you're in your mid-20s

SexyStephXS said:
JerryBoBerry said:
SexyStephXS said:

Thank god that on cam I can't see all of you. If that were the case you'd see what I'm talking about. I'd remain totally silent and when one of you says something to me I'd do a tight lipped smile and nod. Not out of rudeness but out of total fear of all human life forms/ :crybaby:

No, but really, I found out after the first mansion that a lot of girls thought I hated everyone cuz I was so shy. :oops:

----

Oh, another funny misconception! Because I'm latina, I must have kids. I can't tell you how many waitressing/bartending jobs, girls of my age (particularly other hispanic girls) have asked me something like "How many kids do you have? How old are they?" I guess in our culture it's fairly common to have a few by the time you're in your mid-20s

Dang I never even would've thought you were hispanic. That actually shocked me. You learn something new everyday about the models here.

Reactions: mutantdonut
SweetSaffron said:
People think that I'm sweet and innocent. When they discover just how interesting my sex life is and how kinky I am, they're shocked.

^ This. I also have the bitchy resting face issue.

I act/dress super professional at my dayjob, so sometimes people need to take a bit to get to know me. They first think I'm a boring-nopersonality-prude. My bouts of social anxiety don't help that situation I'm sure. But then they realize I'm a sarcastic-geeky-gamer-lady-with-dirty-thoughts.

:whistle:

It seems like people are always surprised the first time they see me eat meat. "Oh! You eat meat? I thought you were a vegetarian!" I have no idea what it is about me that gives off the veggie vibe but it happens really frequently.

This is gonna sound conceited but, people assume I'm not very bright. At least in person. They assume I'm very young. (I look it I guess), and that I'm not "smart" or "wordly".
I give off a very child-like vibe because I enjoy a lot of things like Tokidoki, Hello Kitty, etc, and dress very young and cute. So when people actually talk to me and realize I'm not simple, they tell me how surprised they are about how smart I am o_o. Thanks?

I've noticed online though, people assume I'm older? XD I think anyway.

People always think I'm stoned. I never am. I just have squinty eyes and talk kind of slow. Hehehe. I was mistaken for my husband's daughter by my eye doctor. Was pretty awkward as she told me my dad "looked like Robert Downey Jr" and was "very handsome!". I did not correct her or tell my husband the dad part. :lol: I was also mistaken for a drag queen once. I used to paint on my eyebrows, and my hands are large for my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.