AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Outfit Change for Privates

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
The model who I moderate for on CB has several regulars who each do 4-5 privates with her per week, but without a set pattern of day/time.
Each one has some very specific - but varying - outfit requests that she accommodates.
Whenever they write her their requests, she goes and changes during her public show, and then starts the private on return.
Often she's off camera for up to 10 mins, as the requests can involve changes to hairstyle, makeup, shoes, accessories as well as the outfit.
During the wardrobe change, she is not earning tokens.
I suggested to her that she consider changing once the private has started, so she is at least earning something for the time taken to change into what the viewer asked for.
But she feels this isn't OK to expect them to pay while she changes.
Of course it's her room, her rules, but I think she is being too fair. If you add up all the time she spends changing outfits per week, it is in the hours, not just minutes.

So what do those of you working on token sites do?

I'm private based, so my perspective maybe different compared to other token models. Maybe it's similar.

But I do all outfit changes for private in private or they need to tip upfront. I do think it's fair that they pay for these requests because my time is valuable. When I was baby cammodel I would try to change for requests before private, only for them to not take me to private. So thats another reason why I charge for outfit requests.

Yeah, I wouldn't even get up from the bed to grab the outfit until the private session starts. And if it was a site like ImLive or Streamate where the guy isn't even charged right away, I'd wait 'til those seconds pass before I get up and do all of that.

On ManyVids Live, there's a guy who would take me private to model different pairs of panties for him. I don't get up from my bed to grab them until he's clicked that button to begin the private show.

Token site performers often have a tip menu item for outfit changes, this seems no different to me. They can tip her for the change or enter the paid show while she changes, but she should be getting paid for the time either way. Does she then change back into some other outfit to continue her stream? Like you said, this all adds up.

Does she then change back into some other outfit to continue her stream? Like you said, this all adds up.
Sometimes she will stay in the new outfit, but most of the time she'll go back into something else, at least at the next break.
All her outfits are hot, but often the requested ones are short-term (i.e. niche sexy) rather than long-term comfortable :)

I wouldn't go off cam for more than 1 minute or so, I would bring the clothing back to the screen but not change unless it suited me. Regulars have and do take me to private to change, I'll change stockings or shoes for Gold usually the change shoes amount.

Some models use ticket shows in similar situations. The details are important:

The model hides her most revealing actions in ticket shows, visible to everybody who tipped a certain minimum amount of tokens that day. For example, if she requires a minimum amount of 23 tokens to watch and I already tipped 14 tokens, the video area will become dark for me and the panel below the video area will change into a dark theme and tell me that 9 tokens will buy me a ticket.

Clients quickly understand that the tokens spent for one ticket are valid for all tickets that day, and they enjoy being part of an exclusive group that sees more than others. They like the concept, and they tend to stay and enjoy the privilege for which they paid once. In the end, this concept yields more tokens than charging separately for every hidden show and losing visitors.

Also, visitors like that the model appreciates the tokens already tipped by accounting them for the ticket. And it avoids frustration about a disappointing ticket show. Sometimes visitors buy a ticket, but the show does not meet their expectations. They will be less frustrated if they know their ticket will be valid the whole day and chances are some of the other shows will suit their preferences.

Thus, my proposal would be to change the outfit during a hidden show, use a nice name for that show, and open the camera for everybody who tipped a certain minimum amount.

Many visitors will leave, which does not matter, as they will leave anyway during the private show. Some visitors will be curious and pay the tokens missing for the ticket. And they will stay through the private show because they want to see the next hidden show as well.

That also applies to the member who goes for the private show. Either he already tipped enough, then he can see her change outfit, and he will be happy about that privilege. Or he did not, then he'll probably pay the ticket if it's not too expensive - it should cost just a fraction of the same time in private.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
I work on a token site. If the private has been scheduled, then I will put the outfit on ahead of time. Exception to that is if I'm going to be streaming before the private. In that case, I will have the outfit set aside and change into it during the private. If someone wants to go private while I'm streaming and it hasn't been scheduled, then they get me how I'm currently dressed at the time. If they want me to change, then I will get the outfit and change during the private.

I can understand her perspective of fairness, but she also needs to understand that the person who is taking her private is basically getting those 10 minutes for free since she is doing something exclusively for them. Doesn't matter if she isn't on the screen. She is spending time and that time should be compensated. As Mollie said above, she could require a tip ahead of time for an outfit change. Alternatively, she could go get the outfit (don't change into it) and then show it on stream. This way, if the person doesn't end up taking her private, maybe someone else will be interested after seeing said outfit.

You should really link her this site. If one of my people tried to tell me how to run things in my room, regardless if their intentions were well meaning or not, it would kinda sour me towards them.

Thanks to you all for the replies, it reinforces what i was thinking about her giving away valuable time for free.
Interesting about the ticket show. But the room is not very busy, and there's usually only a handful of active tippers, so not sure that would work well for her.
Also respect that while she's happy to show herself in public and private, there's something dong about a full outfit change, hair makeup etc that sometimes feels wrong done with an audience......
I think her best option is to request that privates begin before she changes. 👍

You should really link her this site. If one of my people tried to tell me how to run things in my room, regardless if their intentions were well meaning or not, it would kinda sour me towards them.
Totally understand this. I brought it up with her after she and I had a general talk about her shows, she actually asked for some feedback - am not one to offer it unsolicited, but I do strongly feel she is undervaluing her own time.
Yes I did suggest she sign up here months ago, but so far that hasn't happened. Perhaps she feels the language barrier, not sure......

I have seen all too often models change to the outfit for the guy, then the guy either doesn't start the show or only stays in the show for a minute.
It's always best to get the outfit and change once the show has started, or tell them to have "outfit change" on their tip menu and point to it if the guy wants her to change BEFORE the private starts, otherwise say "it's free IN private"

It seems a little bit unfair - like the members wants her to make a change that lasts up to 10 minutes, but she feels a little bit ashamed to do it in private? The website I am working on is private-based, so my perspective might be a little bit different... but I honestly wouldn't even go near the wardrobe to change if the user wouldn't take me to private. I would simply say: OK, I will do as u wish, but press the private button first. There is no reason why she should do it in free. It wastes 10 minutes of her shits and maybe hundreds of tokens that she could have earned during this time.

This would've been a good time for a member to pay for a "block session" private show. I think ImLive had (has?) that option, as well as Streamate. Buy a 15-minute block session, and then I'd definitely feel better about doing an outfit change...shower show...or whatever. Quickie private shows where the model has to get up to go get this...and put this on...and then you say "Nice, bb" and end the session 1 1/2 minute later...NO BUENO. Lol.

This would've been a good time for a member to pay for a "block session" private show.
Indeed, and several models asked me for exactly that on Chaturbate.

One commonly used way to achieve that is performing a password show, which kicks out the whole audience.

Some apps and bots offer an alternative: They hide the camera, add a title like “15 minutes special session” to the room subject, show the elapsed time in the panel, and grant a ticket to the user who pays that session. As the chat is still public, it's a good idea to communicate via PM.

That way, the other visitors know that the model will return, and they can simply stay in the room and look again after 15 minutes.

This would've been a good time for a member to pay for a "block session" private show. I think ImLive had (has?) that option, as well as Streamate. Buy a 15-minute block session, and then I'd definitely feel better about doing an outfit change...shower show...or whatever. Quickie private shows where the model has to get up to go get this...and put this on...and then you say "Nice, bb" and end the session 1 1/2 minute later...NO BUENO. Lol.
I had a regular who would buy a block for me to dress in leather or latex, followed by Domme - Sub play so it was all integral.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The model who I moderate for on CB has several regulars who each do 4-5 privates with her per week, but without a set pattern of day/time.
Each one has some very specific - but varying - outfit requests that she accommodates.
Whenever they write her their requests, she goes and changes during her public show, and then starts the private on return.
Often she's off camera for up to 10 mins, as the requests can involve changes to hairstyle, makeup, shoes, accessories as well as the outfit.
During the wardrobe change, she is not earning tokens.
I suggested to her that she consider changing once the private has started, so she is at least earning something for the time taken to change into what the viewer asked for.
But she feels this isn't OK to expect them to pay while she changes.
Of course it's her room, her rules, but I think she is being too fair. If you add up all the time she spends changing outfits per week, it is in the hours, not just minutes.

So what do those of you working on token sites do?
I charge for outfit changes. On one site, it is $15

Reactions: yummybrownfox
As a mod I just stick with the mantra you described in your original post.

"Her room her rules"

Sometimes they ask my advice. But mostly I am ignored ! LOL

Maybe she uses the time she spends getting ready - gets her in the mood for whatever is about to come. ? IDK

Maybe she uses the time she spends getting ready - gets her in the mood for whatever is about to come. ? IDK
Right above the part you quoted, he gave her explanation. She doesn't feel it is fair of her to expect payment for that portion of her time. No need to romanticize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.