AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ozark on Netflix

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
Just finished binge watching this show. 10 episodes. If you liked Breaking Bad, you'll find this a much darker and grittier cousin to that show. I'm guessing they'll renew it for a second season.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/
Jason Bateman and Laura Linney.

"The Byrdes and their teenage kids, Charlotte and Jonah, are, for all intents and purposes, an ordinary family with ordinary lives. Except for the job of Marty, a Chicago financial advisor who also serves as the top money launderer for the second largest drug cartel in Mexico. When things go awry, Marty must uproot his family from the skyscrapers of Chicago and relocate to the lazy lake region of the Missouri Ozarks."

Halfway through the run and it's so good. There's some Breaking Bad, but without the foreplay. Right now. What can you say right now? What will buy you another hour to live?

And do you want it?

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I'm not averse to a narrator - Dexter was great early on. And Magnum PI would be confusing without it. ;)

I do get your point. Alas, I arrived at grudging agreement your view through a fault along the way. I realize TV isn't meant to be a tool to teach how to kill people. But what the CSI Missouri was that with the electricity? I hope no 4th grader anywhere missed that physics impossibility. That fundamental failure is like expecting me and you to accept people can walk on the moon if they put marshmallows on their shoes. They liked it so much they used it twice.

I'm going to try to ignore that and finish the story. Though it has been leaping logic awhile now.

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I love Ozark! It was pretty interesting! Love action and interaction. I know daughter was getting on my nerves at first though I begin to slowly like her.

Hopefully the show will have a next season. :)

Reactions: DFT
Strangely - was only singing it's praise if not only 30 minutes ago to my brother.

Will always have the BrBa comparisons and I think it is much better than BrBa in quite a few respects. I don't know whether it is Netflix or not (I suspect so), but 10 episode series is a great way to filter out a lot of the shite. BrBa was great n'all, don't get me wrong, but you have to admit that there were a few slow burners. Ozark is quite compact and the proof will be in the pudding.... if by pudding, I really mean series two.

Many have tried, many have tried and died. Even going as far back as... well, people will have their own example of programmes that have flopped in series two - but mine will always be Twin Peaks.

As long as Ozark do not try to open up the world too much they should be able to get another series with the current storylines - if they manage to make it past the next series without slowing the master plot down, it could possibly be as big as BrBa.

Jason Bateman plays a great sociopath - and he is one of the very few actors who make it look easy... he is a very easy actor to watch and underplays his scenes to a T. I loved the programme, it was great - I would always liked to have seen a British drug kingpin serial, but we are mostly limited to B-movie cockney wideboy tom-fakery; it is all a bit too plastic and fake. We really don't do good gangster-type shows as well as others.

Back on point however, it really is great.

I don't know whether it is Netflix or not (I suspect so)

Yes, it's Netflix.

Hopefully the show will have a next season. :)

It's officially been picked up for another season.

https://deadline.com/2017/08/jason-bateman-ozark-renewed-season-2-netflix-1202149113/

"Less than a month after its release, new Netflix crime drama series Ozark, starring, directed and executive produced by Jason Bateman, has been renewed for a 10-episode second season."

Status
Not open for further replies.