AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GenaBeau

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 31, 2016
Where my heart takes me...
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@XoGammerBunnyoX
Chaturbate Username
GamerBunny
Q: (for those who do this) How do you use paypal securely? Do you have your account set up under your cam name then just transfer it to your personal one? Do you have the paypal card? Do you just transfer it to your bank account even tho it's under a different name? Or do you just not care?

Q: (for those who do this) How do you use paypal securely? Do you have your account set up under your cam name then just transfer it to your personal one? Do you have the paypal card? Do you just transfer it to your bank account even tho it's under a different name? Or do you just not care?
PayPal bans adult content.

PayPal bans adult content.
Yeah I know that but plenty of models still use it. It's kind of easy if you have a generic name like "Gena Beau" to set up an account. I'm just wondering how they use it without worrying about guys finding out their name and stuff.

Yeah I know that but plenty of models still use it. It's kind of easy if you have a generic name like "Gena Beau" to set up an account. I'm just wondering how they use it without worrying about guys finding out their name and stuff.
They will find out at some point. They always do. And in some circumstances, they can fine you for violating their TOS.

Reactions: Booty_4U
They will find out at some point. They always do. And in some circumstances, they can fine you for violating their TOS.
Yeah I guess. Maybe I'll look into google wallet. I know some models use that also.

Well I'm sure most of the ones models use do that. I mean most models have an amazon wishlist. Unless you sit there and report each and every one I don't think it would be much of a problem.

Dwolla is adult friendly. They are similar to Google Wallet, except they use bank transfers instead of credit cards. https://www.dwolla.com/
But that's not something everybody uses, which is why they use paypal or google wallet. Also amazon.

Well I'm sure most of the ones models use do that. I mean most models have an amazon wishlist. Unless you sit there and report each and every one I don't think it would be much of a problem.

A lot of these companies (PayPal, Google Wallet, etc) can notice weird transactions, such as the notes in the emails, the number of transactions, etc. I'm sure there are ways around it (not advertising on Twitter, not receiving many payments, etc) but if they do catch you and you've transferred money to a personal account, they can shut down your personal account too. Other models have had their family members accounts shut down because they'd transferred money to them from a personal account that had received money from a camming account. Not a fun convo to have with your mom, haha.

Either way it's important to remember you're breaking the sites rules and so are liable to lose your account (including balance) at any time. It's discouraged for a reason, because it would be shitty to have some send you money and then it gets lost between you so you don't get paid and he doesn't get refunded.

A lot of these companies (PayPal, Google Wallet, etc) can notice weird transactions, such as the notes in the emails, the number of transactions, etc. I'm sure there are ways around it (not advertising on Twitter, not receiving many payments, etc) but if they do catch you and you've transferred money to a personal account, they can shut down your personal account too. Other models have had their family members accounts shut down because they'd transferred money to them from a personal account that had received money from a camming account. Not a fun convo to have with your mom, haha.

Either way it's important to remember you're breaking the sites rules and so are liable to lose your account (including balance) at any time. It's discouraged for a reason, because it would be shitty to have some send you money and then it gets lost between you so you don't get paid and he doesn't get refunded.

Yeah I was just wondering. I use delivery code since it's made for cammodels and I can put any item I want on it or they can just send me money. But it seems like guys respond more to paypal or google wallet, it's kind of annoying. Had a guy get mad at me cause I told him to pay me there, stated his card wasn't working even tho the site excepted most payments and had people overseas send me money before. (I think he was just being a big baby)

• Hugs
Reactions: Booty_4U
Yeah I was just wondering. I use delivery code since it's made for cammodels and I can put any item I want on it or they can just send me money. But it seems like guys respond more to paypal or google wallet, it's kind of annoying. Had a guy get mad at me cause I told him to pay me there, stated his card wasn't working even tho the site excepted most payments and had people overseas send me money before. (I think he was just being a big baby)

It's soooo common for dudes to try and get new models to take PayPal because it's super easy for them to cancel the payment, even if you've already received it. So PayPal is generally bad news bears just because of the combo of not liking sex work + easy for guys to scam with it.

I do accept Amazon gift cards to my cam email. I redeem them and spend them right away, as they can cancel them after you've already redeemed them. I also think it's important to not ever contact Amazon to ask things like "this item on my wishlist says it's purchased, can you check if it really is" or "can people see my address if they buy me gifts", things that draw attention to the fact that you're not just getting presents from friends. They will also delete wish lists if you say "buy me this and I'll send you six videos" since they aren't meant for an exchange.

Honestly if you're new (and I'm not sure if you are), I think it's easiest to stick to tokens and on-site payments at first just until you're more comfortable or have done all the research. It's so easy to get scammed with off-site payments, or to accidentally reveal your personal info.

There's more discussion on CamGirlWiki.com about stuff like this too!!

It's soooo common for dudes to try and get new models to take PayPal because it's super easy for them to cancel the payment, even if you've already received it. So PayPal is generally bad news bears just because of the combo of not liking sex work + easy for guys to scam with it.

I do accept Amazon gift cards to my cam email. I redeem them and spend them right away, as they can cancel them after you've already redeemed them. I also think it's important to not ever contact Amazon to ask things like "this item on my wishlist says it's purchased, can you check if it really is" or "can people see my address if they buy me gifts", things that draw attention to the fact that you're not just getting presents from friends. They will also delete wish lists if you say "buy me this and I'll send you six videos" since they aren't meant for an exchange.

Honestly if you're new (and I'm not sure if you are), I think it's easiest to stick to tokens and on-site payments at first just until you're more comfortable or have done all the research. It's so easy to get scammed with off-site payments, or to accidentally reveal your personal info.

There's more discussion on CamGirlWiki.com about stuff like this too!!

Ah, so that's what they're trying to do. I'm not new, I just never used paypal because I've been told it gives out your personal name by a trusted client but thank you for letting me know that. I'll definitely won't be going that route now, I just wanted to see if I should use that as another form of payment. I'll just stick with on-site or delivery code for those guys that just like to pay in cash.

• Hugs
Reactions: Booty_4U and Gen

I know that PayPal blacklists words\phrases associated with violations of its terms of service in a database.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Gen
I know some girls are still going to use paypal no matter what the risk so I'll leave this here:
Because your bank/card info is attached, even if you're using a business paypal with your business name, there are still ways people can see your real name and address of employment through your paypal. So if you use paypal be sure to use a PO Box for your address and be comfortable with your real name being out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.