AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

payment fees [non-USA/international/european models]

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2016
Hi,

One things I hate in the cam model industry are the fees that WE have to pay just to get our money.

I run through a lot of forums and threads and i only foung a mix of answer between USA and non-USA models.

USA models
are lucky because they don't have to pay fees (usa models get their money by check or bank transfer which are hassle-free and fee-free).

So i ask for this thread to be only for models outside of USA ( models from Europe, Asia, South America, Africa,...) in order to find the best strategy to not pay a lot of fees.

If possible, say from where you are (can be continent, country, whatever you are confortable to tell).

One thing i think i am certain, is that best method to get the cam modeling money is by payoneer. Payoneer is accepted in various cam models site so as soon we have an account we are good to go.

The problem is that the fees are dependent of the country.

I made the mistake of getting the pre-paid card. It has some many hassle (i need to go to an ATM to withdraw the money) and so many fees! The first time with the card, i had to pay 12$ to activate, 2$ every time i receive a payment, 3$ of maintenance every month and 3,15$ every time i withdraw money from ATM. Not even talking about the ATM limits. In my european country, we have a 400€ daily limit and we need to take 200€ at time. So, for example if i have 400$ i will lose about 6$.. and i need to go the ATM daily.. such an hassle, jesus.
If we do the math, on the first month with the card we lose a minimal of 20-30$ (don't forget the ATM fees, depending on the country)... in other months we lose 8-16$. Not to mention the hassle, to lift my ass and get out of the sofa to go to the ATM, everyday (im super lazy...)
P.S: If you use this method, here is an idea, in my country the coin is EURO and normally 1$ = 0,80€. But this rate changes daily and even hourly, so, if possible choose the best time when, maybe, 1$ > 0,90€. This way you will get more money for your USA dolars.

Fortunately, there is the option of having a payonner account to be able to transfer into our bank accounts. It is hassle-free (i love that) but... if i'm not wrong, we lose 3% of each payment we receive (1% we lose when we receive a payment from the site and 2% we lose when we do the transfer).

And if you do the math, even if you lose 3% on the transfer it is almost the same amount that you would lose using the card. And it is hassle-free.

So with this, i think the best way to get our cam modeling money is by payoneer bank transfer account.

If you have found a cheaper way to get the money, feel free to share that information.

I'm in the uk and not sure about payoneer or paxum as I don't have either. On MFC I use the international bank transfer which is a minimum of $1000 for payout. MFC charge I think $15 to transfer it then I'm charged max £7 from my bank to change it into £. It's about £14 total. Then the money is mine and I don't pay anything else on it. I like this since I know the upfront costs and it's always the same doesn't change. Personally I'm happy with this since I make the payout every 2weeks anyway. But I could see it being a hassle if a model doesn't and has to wait for the money to build up.

I think the fees from Payoneer are especially low. I don't withdraw cash, I use the card to pay in store or on line.
Yeah, i know that the best payment method depends of what we want. For me, i can't pay a lot of things online :/ like rent, bills,.. by bank transfer it gives me more liberty what to do with the money.

I'm in the uk and not sure about payoneer or paxum as I don't have either. On MFC I use the international bank transfer which is a minimum of $1000 for payout. MFC charge I think $15 to transfer it then I'm charged max £7 from my bank to change it into £. It's about £14 total. Then the money is mine and I don't pay anything else on it. I like this since I know the upfront costs and it's always the same doesn't change. Personally I'm happy with this since I make the payout every 2weeks anyway. But I could see it being a hassle if a model doesn't and has to wait for the money to build up.
oh really? I didn't know about that in MFC. I'm a male cam model so MFC is out of my boundaries for obvious reasons lol But chaturbate or stremate doenst allow that kind of payment.
However, the reasons/benefis you spoke are the same of payonner by bank transfer which for whatever money we pay the same %, it doesn't need to be 1000$, i think...

Don't know about CB but streamate does I think the sites call it an international bank wire. If that helps but yeah all the sites I'm on go to my bank account.
Streamate?! Damn, i signed up through a studio, and the studio website i find not to be friendly but i found that option, true. 20$ fee for international wire transfer.. .if somebody has signed up with i-camz....4

anyway, thank you for the reply. Very much enlightening. I knew something was missing, i will chose bank wire transfer when i have to payout more than 1000$.. until then payonner with bank transfer

Last edited:
Reactions: FluffyGalore
Ready to cringe - I have YET to set up something other than Cheques being mailed to me. I am going to read through everything about this and then choose. Until then, I have selected Cheques to be mailed (7 business days & small miracles that it doesn't get lost) ... and then I go to MoneyMart (8% fee I believe) and money on the spot. Mind you - 400$ has been the highest I went in with.
I have to compare MoneyMart to Payonner - as I want to earn more soon - and don't want to wait the 7 days and worry if it gets lost. Another thing I want to look into is opening a Business account with a bank - I'm curious here in Canada is PC banking would work --- but I worry about the hold times with banks.
So - more research comparing MoneyMart and Payonner. Pro/Con list is pretty clear that I should just go with Payonner to avoid a lost cheque. I'll be back with what I find if it's good.

Ready to cringe - I have YET to set up something other than Cheques being mailed to me. I am going to read through everything about this and then choose. Until then, I have selected Cheques to be mailed (7 business days & small miracles that it doesn't get lost) ... and then I go to MoneyMart (8% fee I believe) and money on the spot. Mind you - 400$ has been the highest I went in with.
I have to compare MoneyMart to Payonner - as I want to earn more soon - and don't want to wait the 7 days and worry if it gets lost. Another thing I want to look into is opening a Business account with a bank - I'm curious here in Canada is PC banking would work --- but I worry about the hold times with banks.
So - more research comparing MoneyMart and Payonner. Pro/Con list is pretty clear that I should just go with Payonner to avoid a lost cheque. I'll be back with what I find if it's good.
i thought about cheques too because of the zero fees (on chaturbate is free i think...) but then i got more information about how to cash the cheque and oh boy... For example, if ask for a payout i need to wait some weeks to get cheque by mail (it can get lost) and then more 2 months for my bank to cash in... And, and.... i would lose about 50-60$ due to some random bank fees.. oh boy.. so much time to get the money and so money lost.

Since my bank account is completely free in my european country i chose to get the money by bank transfer. Hasse-free and less than .. i guess.. 4-5 days i have the money.

I'm laughing right now. Only because I'm also dealing with the complete reverse-issue. I am privileged that it's not all networks, but there's a handful that cause issues. Got a Payoneer card just because of it. Like I needed another card on top of my Paxum....

Go into an American bank and ask the teller for a SWIFT code. They'll get all sorts of confused. I guess that means USA doesn't have much foreign money coming in anymore.......

I'm laughing right now. Only because I'm also dealing with the complete reverse-issue. I am privileged that it's not all networks, but there's a handful that cause issues. Got a Payoneer card just because of it. Like I needed another card on top of my Paxum....

Go into an American bank and ask the teller for a SWIFT code. They'll get all sorts of confused. I guess that means USA doesn't have much foreign money coming in anymore.......

Tellers don't deal with inter-bank transactions.

You can look up pretty much any SWIFT code here: http://www.theswiftcodes.com/

Tellers don't deal with inter-bank transactions.

You can look up pretty much any SWIFT code here: http://www.theswiftcodes.com/

Unless your bank just got bought out......

I've got the woes of having to go with local banks for political / business-posturing reasons. Those seem to be the banks that get bought out. Really should switch just the posturing of it, and haven't done it yet, because doesn't switching banks always suck?

i thought about cheques too because of the zero fees (on chaturbate is free i think...) but then i got more information about how to cash the cheque and oh boy... For example, if ask for a payout i need to wait some weeks to get cheque by mail (it can get lost) and then more 2 months for my bank to cash in... And, and.... i would lose about 50-60$ due to some random bank fees.. oh boy.. so much time to get the money and so money lost.

Since my bank account is completely free in my european country i chose to get the money by bank transfer. Hasse-free and less than .. i guess.. 4-5 days i have the money.
Europe make a big difference (Canada here) - not a huge body of water to go over - smart on avoiding cheques

Unless your bank just got bought out......

I've got the woes of having to go with local banks for political / business-posturing reasons. Those seem to be the banks that get bought out. Really should switch just the posturing of it, and haven't done it yet, because doesn't switching banks always suck?
I recently went from having no bank account to having a PC bank account. Yay no fees for daily banking - but I don't cash my cheque at a bank. I want my money asap!

I recently went from having no bank account to having a PC bank account. Yay no fees for daily banking - but I don't cash my cheque at a bank. I want my money asap!
PC bank account? isn't that a normal bank account? In my country everybody can easily have a bank account but there a lot of bank account for the same the thing but with different requisits (minimal amout of money, salary, fidelization time, comissions, fees...). However there are some bank accounts that are simple and with no fees whatsoever, perfect for me. :)~

And, how don't you need a bank to get the money by cheque? In my country, since is an international cheque i need to put in the bank account first... if it was a national cheque i would get the money in an instant.

PC bank account? isn't that a normal bank account? In my country everybody can easily have a bank account but there a lot of bank account for the same the thing but with different requisits (minimal amout of money, salary, fidelization time, comissions, fees...). However there are some bank accounts that are simple and with no fees whatsoever, perfect for me. :)~

And, how don't you need a bank to get the money by cheque? In my country, since is an international cheque i need to put in the bank account first... if it was a national cheque i would get the money in an instant.
I'm in Canada - that may make the difference - I go to Money Mart (worth googling) and the President's Choice Bank (again a Google search) is the fee free chequeing account I use. They would hold my cheque. I think they may have a business account that would have fees but no hold. Again... On my list to compare money mart to payonner and then my bank. I need longer days and more sleep lol

I'm in Canada - that may make the difference - I go to Money Mart (worth googling) and the President's Choice Bank (again a Google search) is the fee free chequeing account I use. They would hold my cheque. I think they may have a business account that would have fees but no hold. Again... On my list to compare money mart to payonner and then my bank. I need longer days and more sleep lol

Fuck Payoneer. Maybe that's only because I'm a US resident, but I've had nothing but issues with them. Paxum isn't no PayPal, but it's folds better from my experience.

I use sites which have payoneer global transfer or I get money off my payoneer card account by withdrawing cashback at tesco for free :)

Im in UK. I nrvennever use sites that pay via cheque anymore. Total rip off, and they take a ridiculously long time.

Reactions: FluffyGalore
Don't know about CB but streamate does I think the sites call it an international bank wire. If that helps but yeah all the sites I'm on go to my bank account.
Streamate stopped offfering international wires; they only have Payoneer now (and the wires were pretty pricey- I think $40 or $45 fee?)

EDIT TO ORIGINAL THREAD:
Hi,

One things I hate in the cam model industry are the fees that WE have to pay just to get our money.

I run through a lot of forums and threads and i only foung a mix of answer between USA and non-USA models.

USA models
are lucky because they don't have to pay fees (usa models get their money by check or bank transfer which are hassle-free and fee-free).

So i ask for this thread to be only for models outside of USA ( models from Europe, Asia, South America, Africa,...) in order to find the best strategy to not pay a lot of fees.

If possible, say from where you are (can be continent, country, whatever you are confortable to tell).

One thing i think i am certain, is that best method to get the cam modeling money is by payoneer. Payoneer is accepted in various cam models site so as soon we have an account we are good to go.

The problem is that the fees are dependent of the country.

I made the mistake of getting the pre-paid card. It has some many hassle (i need to go to an ATM to withdraw the money) and so many fees! The first time with the card, i had to pay 12$ to activate, 2$ every time i receive a payment, 3$ of maintenance every month and 3,15$ every time i withdraw money from ATM. Not even talking about the ATM limits. In my european country, we have a 400€ daily limit and we need to take 200€ at time. So, for example if i have 400$ i will lose about 6$.. and i need to go the ATM daily.. such an hassle, jesus.
If we do the math, on the first month with the card we lose a minimal of 20-30$ (don't forget the ATM fees, depending on the country)... in other months we lose 8-16$. Not to mention the hassle, to lift my ass and get out of the sofa to go to the ATM, everyday (im super lazy...)
P.S: If you use this method, here is an idea, in my country the coin is EURO and normally 1$ = 0,80€. But this rate changes daily and even hourly, so, if possible choose the best time when, maybe, 1$ > 0,90€. This way you will get more money for your USA dolars.

Fortunately, there is the option of having a payonner account to be able to transfer into our bank accounts. It is hassle-free (i love that) but... if i'm not wrong, we lose 3% of each payment we receive (1% we lose when we receive a payment from the site and 2% we lose when we do the transfer).

And if you do the math, even if you lose 3% on the transfer it is almost the same amount that you would lose using the card. And it is hassle-free.

So with this, i think the best way to get our cam modeling money is by payoneer bank transfer account.

If you have found a cheaper way to get the money, feel free to share that information.
---------------------------

UPDATE:

Fortunately, there is the option of having a payonner account to be able to transfer into our bank accounts. It is hassle-free (i love that) but... if i'm not wrong, we lose 3% of each payment we receive (1% we lose when we receive a payment from the site and 2% we lose when we do the transfer) plus around 20$ of the bank fees (value depends from bank to bank).

And if you do the math, you may lose more 10-20$ (you lose 3% + 20$ on the transfer) compared to payoneer pre-paid card but it is hassle-free.

oh bollocks, i misunderstand some things... here is an email i got from payoneer

"Please be advised that Bank transfer method is available for ICF Technology (It is NOT either MFC or CB) and Cam4 in your account.

Payments sent via the Global Bank Transfer in your local currency have a flat fee of $3.00 per transfer. In addition, the currency exchange rate of 2% above the mid-market rate will apply.
For example, if the transfer amount is converted to 100 units in your local currency, the transfer fee of up to 2 units in your local currency will be deducted in addition to the flat fee.
The service you have selected was to receive a Prepaid Payoneer Card. If you are interested to switch to the Bank Transfer service, please confirm the following details and we will send you a link that will enable you to register:
  • Date of Birth
  • Full address (must match the one in our system)
  • Username (email address used for registration)

it is not 3% but 3$... my gosh it would be way cheaper to get my money.

I use sites which have payoneer global transfer or I get money off my payoneer card account by withdrawing cashback at tesco for free :)

Im in UK. I nrvennever use sites that pay via cheque anymore. Total rip off, and they take a ridiculously long time.

I'm always told I can't have cashback on a pre-paid card. I haven't asked for a couple of years so maybe I'll try again.

I'm in Australia... wire transfers are too expensive (most sites charge a $50 USD Fee) so I use payonner and use it like a EFTPOS card. Hardly any fees at all. Paxum fees are more than payoneer. Don't take cash out.

Status
Not open for further replies.