AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Payout and W8 as an European cam worker

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 11, 2022
Hi! I'm new in this world, trying to get my first payout. Now, my problem is that when I try to fill all the fields to get the payment (i chose Bitcoin) i get blocked at
"I am an exempt foreign person as defined by the instructions accompanying U.S. Internal Revenue Service form W-8.'

Do i need to tick the box so I'm exempt or do i need to fill the W8? I'm Italian and i work from Italy.
Thank you.

you tick the box if your exempt, you don't have to submit the w8 to them unless they ask for it.
My doubt is that: that W8 form is needed only for us citizen?
Anyway cb support will ask for it if I do something wrong? (Like I believe I'm exempt but in reality I'm not?)
Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
Anyway cb support will ask for it if I do something wrong? (Like I believe I'm exempt but in reality I'm not?)
Thank you for your time.

They are basically saying you need to review the w8 form and confirm you are an exempt foreign person, they may ask you to submit the form to them one day but they might not ask for it at all.

I am assuming you are exempt as well but I don't know a lot about tax treaties and stuff so I am not sure if there is some special exemption for italians but im guessing its unlikely.

Upvote 0
The only ones who don't need to fill out any of the various W-8 forms are US citizens and US companies/organizations. The W-8 form is basically a document declaring that you are a non-US citizen being "compensated for providing goods and services" in the US. It is done for tax reasons. The W-8 form is mandatory documentation for Chaturbate, not the US tax authorities.

The reasoning behind the W-8 form is that Chaturbate has to withhold some of your earnings so they can pay tax on having you work for/with them. Similar forms of taxation exists all over the world.

I'm pretty sure you are NOT exempt and that you should fill out a W-8 form, but I'm not 100% sure. You should pester Chaturbate support until you get a clear answer. They have so many "foreign" models they should know all the details (and then some).

Reactions: hotlove
Upvote 0
This is their answer. Anyone can explain me what does it mean? I don't see they're really answering my question but they talk about other things.IMG_20220414_193401_163.jpg

Upvote 0
They are basically saying you need to review the w8 form and confirm you are an exempt foreign person, they may ask you to submit the form to them one day but they might not ask for it at all.

I am assuming you are exempt as well but I don't know a lot about tax treaties and stuff so I am not sure if there is some special exemption for italians but im guessing its unlikely.

1649959423673.png

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.