AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

paypal ???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. PayPal needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize how much action they're missing out on. Paxum is a good adult-friendly alternative. There's some other platforms designed for models that allows you to accept credit card payments. They don't charge as much of a cut as camming sites / adult marketplace sites charge. I've heard some very good things about My Secret Payment.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tilly
Chargeback rates on adult transactions are still high. Maybe in the future, either through EMV cards, ApplePay, etc, they can get the chargeback number comparable to brick & mortar, or online retail, you will see more banks and online payment processors like PayPal become more friendly to the adult industry.

Chargeback rates on adult transactions are still high. Maybe in the future, either through EMV cards, ApplePay, etc, they can get the chargeback number comparable to brick & mortar, or online retail, you will see more banks and online payment processors like PayPal become more friendly to the adult industry.

On the flip-side, if there wasn't profits in it, companies like Paxum wouldn't be afloat. High-risk, yes, but lots of money they're leaving on the table.

I might be in the minority, but I think Paypal is well within their rights and probably smart to avoid independent adult work. We've established that it can put both buyer and seller at risk. On top of that and charge backs, it's a high fraud rate on both sides. They are a company that tries to avoid fraud like the plague.

Sidenote: Never listen to any member who tries to push paypal or alternative payments on you. Stick with legit routes if you want to be a legit business and don't whine about it.

Thanks for confirming that as I had considered PayPal but indeed they don't take kindly to adult related transactions.
I have read on other forums that cam girls use some cam sites' such as these: CMD and MFC for their payment processing features.

Thanks for confirming that as I had considered PayPal but indeed they don't take kindly to adult related transactions.
I have read on other forums that cam girls use some cam sites' such as these: CMD and MFC for their payment processing features.

The disadvantage of this is that token sites take such a high percentage. If it's for something you're offering independently outside of the services the site officially supports, and your driving your own traffic and sales for these services, you could be getting a much higher percentage with somebody else.

The disadvantage of this is that token sites take such a high percentage. If it's for something you're offering independently outside of the services the site officially supports, and your driving your own traffic and sales for these services, you could be getting a much higher percentage with somebody else.
I've been looking into Niteflirt instead. I'm wondering if setting up my own site with payment processing may be the answer. I've no idea how to knock up a website though that's the next hurdle lol. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap website building service?

Thank you x

I've been looking into Niteflirt instead. I'm wondering if setting up my own site with payment processing may be the answer. I've no idea how to knock up a website though that's the next hurdle lol. Can anyone recommend a relatively cheap website building service?

Thank you x

ModelCentro and AdultMemberSites offer a free turnkey CMS for models. Payment processing already integrated, hosted solution so you don't have to pay hosting and I know that ModelCentro will even purchase a domain and WHOIS protection for you.

If you go the self-hosted route, I'd suggest the WordPress platform, although you will have to build the paywall yourself. It would be *MUCH* easier if PayPal catered to the adult industry (so easy to build PayPal paywall) but the other solutions aren't the most complicated coding in the world.

If it's solely for payment processing, might consider looking at MySecretPayment.

Feel free to shoot me a PM or email if you want more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.