AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Performer switches

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2022
It feels like I have been seeing more Stripchat accounts lately where a well established model with a pretty big following has been replaced by a new model. Not sure if this has always been common, but I have just noticed it happening with a few models I follow.

In one case the model was “gone” for about 2 weeks then when the account went live again there is a different model who has a similar look and body type who took over. But the pictures and videos in the profile are still the old model. I feel kind of bad for the new model because every day she gets users asking “where is the old <model name>?”

A second case is similar in that the old model’s pictures are still in the profile but this time the new model looks totally different and the account changed over the same day - old model broadcasting in the morning, new one when it went live at night

Is this pretty common? I could see the studio wanting to take advantage of the built in followers but it is a little weird logging into a models room and seeing someone completely different. These folks aren’t just interchangeable parts, often the personality is a huge part of the appeal

Is this pretty common? I could see the studio wanting to take advantage of the built in followers but it is a little weird logging into a models room and seeing someone completely different. These folks aren’t just interchangeable parts, often the personality is a huge part of the appeal

Yes its common. sometimes a flop, sometimes very effective, they don't always do it for maximum earnings sometimes its part of their recruitment pitch.

I think the most famous "model swap" ever was when the studio re-used "goldenlady" on MFC. Mary, the original goldenlady, went independent after many years of bringing in some of the highest viewer counts and at least $30,000 a month if not much more to the studio account. Her face was all over the Miss MFC page. Then one day it was someone else's face on those top spots on the page, and it was just odddd!

I can't say for sure, but I think that was one of the "flops", because nothing noteworthy came from that studio profile again. Meanwhile, Mary still to this day is one of the highest viewed and earning models on MFC, independently.

It feels like I have been seeing more Stripchat accounts lately where a well established model with a pretty big following has been replaced by a new model. Not sure if this has always been common, but I have just noticed it happening with a few models I follow.

In one case the model was “gone” for about 2 weeks then when the account went live again there is a different model who has a similar look and body type who took over. But the pictures and videos in the profile are still the old model. I feel kind of bad for the new model because every day she gets users asking “where is the old <model name>?”
OK today there is a new model in this room. I swear I think the last one got tired of being compared to the original

Status
Not open for further replies.