AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Permanent Ban -- Finally!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent!!! :clap: Thank you!

Upvote 0
Do guys still have to first talk in order for you to kick/ban though?
If so, hopefully, that can be the next feature
wait so if someone comes in with a username that's an obvious troll, you can't ban before they say anything harassing/triggering.

or maybe a username you aren't interested in doing business with. like a fetish you don't cater to.

Upvote 0
wait so if someone comes in with a username that's an obvious troll, you can't ban before they say anything harassing/triggering.

or maybe a username you aren't interested in doing business with. like a fetish you don't cater to.

Yes, this is also a problem for guys who just camp in your room all day and every day.
Some models try PM them to get a response, but I think they know if they reply they can be banned, so they literally just sit there and do nothing - no tips, no talk, no PMs, nothing.

Upvote 1

Correct. We're unable to ban them if they haven't typed anything to us yet. So a member named...let's say...'WhiteMassa2U' can camp out in my free chat for 3 hours if he wants to...and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it since he hasn't typed anything to me yet.

Upvote 1
Correct. We're unable to ban them if they haven't typed anything to us yet. So a member named...let's say...'WhiteMassa2U' can camp out in my free chat for 3 hours if he wants to...and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it since he hasn't typed anything to me yet.
I concur with your sentiments and Brett M's also. Users can abuse the system in a number of ways, including, as you say, using offensive usernames and simply camping in a room. It seems reasonable that models should be able to ban a user, completely independently of what a user does or doesn't do. I doubt models will ban people arbitrarily and capriciously just for the fun of it.

In the case of the model I knight for, we have a red user who makes very insulting comments about her body each month. He enters the room invisible, make the comment in public chat where it will be seen briefly until I can mute him, and she can then ban him. And this cycle repeats month after month. She should be able to ban him without a post, so that this cannot happen. Fortunately, now that models can ban forever, this will presumably happen just one more time, and he will then be gone permanently under that username.

Upvote 0
I concur with your sentiments and Brett M's also. Users can abuse the system in a number of ways, including, as you say, using offensive usernames and simply camping in a room. It seems reasonable that models should be able to ban a user, completely independently of what a user does or doesn't do. I doubt models will ban people arbitrarily and capriciously just for the fun of it.

In the case of the model I knight for, we have a red user who makes very insulting comments about her body each month. He enters the room invisible, make the comment in public chat where it will be seen briefly until I can mute him, and she can then ban him. And this cycle repeats month after month. She should be able to ban him without a post, so that this cannot happen. Fortunately, now that models can ban forever, this will presumably happen just one more time, and he will then be gone permanently under that username.

Yes, and now that Seven_Inches' screen name is gone from my Stripchat banned users list, I have no idea if he can return to my room...or if Stripchat did something on their end to make it impossible for him to get my room. I was told in an e-mail "This user should not bother you now," and I have no idea what that means.

And there's still the question of what happens when a previously banned Stripchat member comes back, but hasn't typed anything yet? Do you - once again - have to wait for the jackass to type something in order to ban him again? I've asked this, and have gotten two different answers to this question.

Reactions: Wolf359
Upvote 0
And there's still the question of what happens when a previously banned Stripchat member comes back, but hasn't typed anything yet? Do you - once again - have to wait for the jackass to type something in order to ban him again? I've asked this, and have gotten two different answers to this question.
Your definitive answer may well have to wait until if and when the person returns. At that time (assuming he doesn't type something immediately), obviously you can determine if StripChat will allow an immediate ban without user activity. I certainly hope that is the case.

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
Your definitive answer may well have to wait until if and when the person returns. At that time (assuming he doesn't type something immediately), obviously you can determine if StripChat will allow an immediate ban without user activity. I certainly hope that is the case.

I'm not gonna sweat it since I'm not on there much anymore.

Upvote 0
Hey all :)

The banning/muting features have been designed to give models the power to control users who are not behaving appropriately in your room, for those who use our site to spam and/or users who violate our rules. For these reasons, it’s hard to justify banning a silent user as there are technically no violations or breaches to punish them for.

In saying that, the comfort of our models is also important to us, therefore, please provide more information/details on why you need this option.

Upvote 0
Hey all :)

The banning/muting features have been designed to give models the power to control users who are not behaving appropriately in your room, for those who use our site to spam and/or users who violate our rules. For these reasons, it’s hard to justify banning a silent user as there are technically no violations or breaches to punish them for.

In saying that, the comfort of our models is also important to us, therefore, please provide more information/details on why you need this option.

I am no model but it has to be said, even for me it's frustrating to see when the same user/s come back over and over, they don't talk, they have no intention to buy tokens (been on the site years and are rank 9).. why should a model let them watch their show for free? You must surely be able to understand this. They are not helping or contributing towards the room, so why should they remain there?

And this is even worse when it's a name who HAS been tipping models, and even WORSE still when you see the coloured name user WITH tokens NOW and slowly decreasing because they are tipping someone else.
There are many reasons why they should be able to be kicked or banned. I am sure others can think of more, but these are the main ones

Upvote 0
I am no model but it has to be said, even for me it's frustrating to see when the same user/s come back over and over, they don't talk, they have no intention to buy tokens (been on the site years and are rank 9).. why should a model let them watch their show for free? You must surely be able to understand this. They are not helping or contributing towards the room, so why should they remain there?

And this is even worse when it's a name who HAS been tipping models, and even WORSE still when you see the coloured name user WITH tokens NOW and slowly decreasing because they are tipping someone else.
There are many reasons why they should be able to be kicked or banned. I am sure others can think of more, but these are the main ones
I completely agree with Brett M's thoughts. I'll offer two other scenarios, in addition to those I and others have presented previously in this thread. Each has happened to my model. I'm sure there are others that my model has not yet encountered, but that others have.

1) Abusive users who have been banned create a very similar username and camp in the model's room under that name saying nothing, knowing their mere presence is an irritant to the model. This is clearly further abuse and should not be tolerated. The model should be able to ban these new, similar accounts regardless of what they do or don't do.

2) Abusive users who have been banned visit other rooms and post derisive comments about the model who banned them and/or the users in her room. The model who banned the user either sees these comments directly or hears about them from others. That this user can then return to her room after the ban, and remain in the room because he says nothing, is atrocious. As I alluded to in a previous post, this issue has been greatly mitigated due to bans being permanent now, at the option of the model.

I assume StripChat resists allowing models to ban users at any time for any reason because they feel that over time, a significant number of users will be banned unjustly. This, in turn, will cause a large amount of users to lose interest in the site as a whole, effectively costing StripChat significant revenue. If there are other reasons, I'd invite StripChat reps to cite them here.

How about this possibly ham-handed analogy? If StripChat owns a building (i.e. their website), and my model rents an apartment there (i.e. sets up a model account/room), it is my feeling that it should be completely the model's call as to who enters her apartment (i.e. room). The building's owner should not mandate that my model allow absolutely everyone into her apartment without recourse until they speak offensively. Under certain situations, such as those presented in this thread, their mere presence is offensive. I want absolute say as to who is in my home, as does my model in her StripChat room.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.